An Untold Story: My Best Friend Part 1

An Untold Story: My Best Friend Part 1

A Story by J Stylez
"

How I met, lost, and re-introduced myself to a very special person from my point-of-view.

"

How do I begin? From the day I met you I knew something about you was different. Most people could only see the attractive shell you marched around in, and I have to admit I was initially taken by that myself. But, something else began to surface and its power was like a magnet to my iron will. I’m not sure if you could tell, but I avoided you as if you were a leaper. I may have come off as an a*s, but I had to for fear of getting lost in you. Somehow, you found a way around all of the obstacles I laid before you and side stepped all of the traps that were set.  And, when I was at my weakest you struck the killing blow: you remembered my birthday. How was the possible? I never told you when I was born? But, you proved resourceful and your dedication to knowing me broke through my armor with relative ease.

The months after that moment were life changing. I was so live and I thanked you repeatedly. You modestly told me it was always there and you had nothing to do with it. Funny, you were never really modest with anything, but you never took credit for bringing me out of my shell. It was cute and I never used the word “cute”.  Not only did you understand me, but you accepted me for who I was and never judged me for what I wasn’t. You were amazing. I was convinced I created you in my mind to ease the loneliness I felt. Don’t get me wrong, I had lots of friends, but none of them really got me. I had to pretend I was something else just to fit in a little better.  But you were different. I could tell the first day I met you.

Whenever we hung out my mask came off and I was free. It felt so good that when you had to leave my heart became heavy. That was odd. Usually, I never wore my feelings on my sleeve, but somehow you pulled a lot of raw emotion out of me. Not so good all the time, but I went with it. One day while we shared a laugh at work you told me I was your best friend. I laughed. Why did I laugh? I thought you were being witty, but the expression on your face quickly changed my mood. You were serious. I’d seen so many sides of you but serious wasn’t one I was ready for. Stumbling, I tripped my way through an apology which you readily accepted. That was close. For a moment I thought I had upset my best friend. Did I just think that? I milled over it all day but I knew what the conclusion would be. You were my best friend; I just wanted to hear you say it first.

© 2010 J Stylez


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is so sweet. This piece speaks as much about you as it does your best friend. You present yourself as a butterfly - unfolding right before our eyes. In this writing, as well as others I read before, you are willing to be open and honest about your emotions. That's what I like about the pen - there is no need to be ashamed. I think I saw the other parts already published so I will be back.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is so sweet. This piece speaks as much about you as it does your best friend. You present yourself as a butterfly - unfolding right before our eyes. In this writing, as well as others I read before, you are willing to be open and honest about your emotions. That's what I like about the pen - there is no need to be ashamed. I think I saw the other parts already published so I will be back.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

765 Views
1 Review
Added on February 9, 2010
Last Updated on March 7, 2010
Tags: Story, friend, best, best friend, part 1, untold, reality, personal, life

Author

J Stylez
J Stylez

Raleigh, NC



About
more..

Writing
Life Life

A Story by J Stylez


Run Run

A Story by J Stylez