Friday Night at Writer's Cafe

Friday Night at Writer's Cafe

A Story by Carol Cashes
"

A few thoughts fueled by insomnia and the talent struttin' this site

"

Friday nights on this site are like a new club in town�"it’s on and poppin’!

 

Love reading the talent here:  it’s inspiring, wistful, encouraging, and sometimes downright sad.  It’s exciting to see so many young writers who can mix it up with the best of the old dogs.  Youngbloods, keep writing. 

 

I am learning to appreciate poetry in all its many forms.  Even dabbed a little myself, but by no means, am I a poet.  Unless I don’t know it…(ya’ll saw what I did there, right?)  I will try again, but for now, I think I’ll just read and learn.

 

I appreciate all of you who have read my work.  I know I seem to have no one voice:  a little girl caught in Katrina’s flood waters, a superstitious heroine, a folksy Grocer who remembers and keeps the tales of his neighbors, a sentient bridge, a philosophical essay on purpose…don’t be put off by any one piece �" try another, it’ll be different and maybe more to your liking.  Just read…it’s what all authors need, and I’m no different.

 

I’m trying to read new or un-reviewed posts hoping to encourage anyone who is brave enough to put it out there.  That can be a little unnerving in the beginning, but when you get encouragement and constructive critiques, it becomes easier and soon becomes easy as air.  It’s one thing when your friends and family tell you that your writing is good, but you know it comes from a place of love and contrarily we tend to not trust that.  When a stranger tells you the same thing, you feel validated.  Artists are so conflicted…

 

Well, I’ve more reading to do, and insomnia is my friend, tonight, so I’ll be around for a little while this fine Friday night at the Writer’s Café �" where the stories are hot and the poetry is delicious.

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2017 Carol Cashes


Author's Note

Carol Cashes
Just a few thoughts while I ponder my next read

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ideally, this site can be a wonderful thing... "Make the cafe great again ", who's with us...??

Posted 6 Years Ago


I guess I should've been here instead of vegging out in front of the brain-draining television machine. As it was, I got po'd at the spousal unit and her three troublesome dogs and came to bed early.
I've been on several writer's sites over the years, but have enjoyed none better than this one. By cultivating the right kind of friends, you can (Like Norman states) produce your own individual and tasty brew.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I too have found that the variety of writing styles, review opinions and helpful advice is the great strength of this "Cafe". You can find the right flavours, create your own blend and produce an individual brew ......ad infinitum.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Sending my Friday night coffee machine to you.
Can i have it back in the morning though. Hangover time. lol

Posted 6 Years Ago


Paul Bell

6 Years Ago

That worked a treat. Water and JD with coffee.
Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

Back in the day, it was Grand Marnier with a coffee back...that s**t made me brilliant. I could tal.. read more
Paul Bell

6 Years Ago

Jesus, what happened to those days. Oh, that was yesterday. lol
Haha, your temporary insomnia seems to have been productive. Very relatable. Enjoyed it!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Zoya

6 Years Ago

Uh-huh...This is truly a wonderful place
bluessadmood

6 Years Ago

I always love to read you..even some i read I found they needed more work on it...still I read more... read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
This is fantastic. Nice to meet you.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Carol Cashes

6 Years Ago

Nice to meet/read you, too, Nipplegrinder. May our stories live long and prosper....
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
The Cafe is a good place to while away time. Most of my writing is during the hours before work, when all indoors are sleeping.
If you cannot improve from visiting this site then I think there is no room for improvement.
Hope sleep has the courtesy to visit you soon (if wanted. )

Posted 6 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

645 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 24, 2017
Last Updated on June 24, 2017
Tags: essay

Author

Carol Cashes
Carol Cashes

Biloxi, MS



About
I'm very cynical, jaded, just this side of bitter and the only reason I haven't crossed that line is a good man loves me. I am extremely empathetic, but seldom sympathetic. I can be a ferociously lo.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..