OFFICIAL GREETING AND ANNOUNCEMENT WITH HONORABLE MENTIONS

OFFICIAL GREETING AND ANNOUNCEMENT WITH HONORABLE MENTIONS

A Story by Carol Cashes
"

This is...It's about...arrgh! Just read it...

"

OFFICIAL GREETING TO THE CAFÉ AND ANNOUNCEMENT OF MY RETURN WITH HONORABLE MENTIONS: barleygirl, Miss Annette, Mr. Dickens, Coyote Poetry, and Paul Bell.


I have actually had the time this past 24 hours to sit and spot read and review, clicking on anything with an interesting title, and that “system”, with a preponderance of evidence, has proven to be a viable method for easing back into the elite and exclusive Café environment.


*ahem* Official notice duly dispatched…let the games begin.


barleygirl:  I recognized by the language of your reviews for mine and others submissions, a kindred spirit, but s**t-fire, chickie!  You came out the gate guns a blastin’!  Yes suh! I was struck dumb (this is true for more than one reason!) by some of your earlier works--your command of the English language and the brilliant pictures that would spontaneously burst onto my mind’s eye, but the “take no prisoners” recollections that I’ve read this day made me want to shake the dust off my tribal boots, and slap a cocky juvenile delinquent ‘till he understands “Recognize and Respect”.  You still have the handbook with the secret codes, right?


Miss Annette:  You are the only eternal optimist that I not only can tolerate, but you have won me over with your earnest pleadings and wishes for all to “just get along”…so to speak.  I wish that I could respond with hearty “Amen’s” to the Christmas wishes that I read today, they are expertly constructed and the language is elaborate and sometimes quite heady. But…my heart is not good and pure like yours and I will never lie to you…I love you.  Your talent is truly bigger than this site and I hope you are seriously considering a publisher.


Mr. Dickens!  The work I saw on the feed were several that I had done some time ago, and with limited time to sample a good cross-section of the current Café denizens, I would reiterate some of my initial gushing praises for your hometown spun stories, but at our age, why waste our swiftly diminishing time and you would be best served when I can allot and devote the appropriate amount of time and attention to your new work.  I did, however, do a quick read of a little bawdy yarn involving potatoes?  Hmmmmm…..


Coyote Poetry let me sit at the cool kids lunch table again today, and he said he liked-end my story *giggle*  You have changed a little, too, in my absence, and several times I wished I had the time to investigate that mystery red-head you have been so nonchalantly recounting your romantic interactions with, salting it with just enough tantalizing details to string us helplessly along. *sniff*  I will follow that romance as it unfolds.


Paul Bell committed the most scandalous blasphemy with his request that I give up rock n roll.  *deep sigh*  Master of Puppets and Enter Sandman will forever be bittersweet to me now with the notion they could be gone if some madman takes Paul’s words to heart.  Hate Speech!  Hate Speech!


I read works by various interesting new people:  Bree, to whom I gave a lot of unsolicited advice, richieb, Tate Morgan, lorry, Christina Anne Shaw, and possibly others but these authors works impressed me and I am looking forward to properly diggin’ in when I can.


For all those who reviewed my work while I was gone:  I appreciate your time and thoughtful and considered reviews.  I hope to have the leisure time to respond to each one, however, knowing my time was limited, I felt the Café would be best served by my reading and reviewing what I could.


I posted some current pics of The Storm Sisters and some pictures of my stunning mother, four pics from age 16 to 25.


I have missed you all, and I promise not to be gone so long, but please understand that my time is not my own right now.  I will be free soon enough…which would be triumphant declaration but for the circumstances that must transpire for that to happen.


Thank you all for brief mini-vacay and I’ll report in as soon as I can.


*pregnant pause*  This is Miz Carol, reporting live from Biloxi, Mississippi.

 

© 2018 Carol Cashes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I only hope you make room for me someday

Posted 5 Years Ago


Thank you for your kind recognition Miz Carol! I stand proud to be in this madly talented, madly inspiring list of yours. I bow to them all! Here’s a secret anout me though (I often wonder who has guessed?)-I write with eternal optimism to deflect my true eternal pessimism- ask my long-suffering, truly optimistic husband- ha! OMG, I will read barleygirl Margie, Sam Dickens, Coyote John, Paul Bell, others you’ve mentioned, you and some other favorites all day long, to smile, cry and learn from them. I love the analysis you’ve done here and again I’m smiling. Please slap me down if I’m too preachy or heady- where do I get the nerve?! Seriously, Welcome Back Carol Cashes- we surely missed ye!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Carol, I am so happy that you are back. Some how we missed each other from you first time. The cafe is a buzz about your return.I look forward to learning from you. Thank you for the mention, it means a lot to me. From a peasant to a princess, Happy New Year!
Many Blessings,
Richie b.

Posted 5 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Carol Cashes

5 Years Ago

Peasant?! There are no peasants in the Cafe--it's all royalty. I aint' sayin' there's no backdoor .. read more
Aww shucks :)
As for interesting titles, I picture you reading for a holster as you tell us to just read it, but its probably only a water pistol...probably. :)
Im not long back myself and still catching up, so I know how that time passes by at warp factor six, I find early morning to be best, for just getting lost in the words and letting them sink in. It helps that im now allowed coffee again, but will be a week or two before fully caught up.
Long story short, you have my sympathies, but hey...just think of all the great writes to look forward to :)


Posted 5 Years Ago


Pleased to have you call on my work Carol. Thanks for the mention, and welcome back to WC. Good to read your official greeting. Happy New Year.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


It's wonderful to have you back! Not everyone here "gets" what I write, but you certainly do. You've been through a lot while absent, it seems, so I'm glad you've persevered and made it back to us. Surely it's to the betterment of all who know you.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Carol Cashes

5 Years Ago

I must take this moment to tell you that your new pic should be the one you use for OurTime.com shou.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 31, 2018
Last Updated on December 31, 2018

Author

Carol Cashes
Carol Cashes

Biloxi, MS



About
I'm very cynical, jaded, just this side of bitter and the only reason I haven't crossed that line is a good man loves me. I am extremely empathetic, but seldom sympathetic. I can be a ferociously lo.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


"A Homecoming" "A Homecoming"

A Story by richieb