TODAY'S AFFIRMATION

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION

A Story by Carol Cashes
"

Author is Jordan Sarah Weatherhead. I have been struggling (more than usual!) this past two weeks, but bottom line: I needed the exercise.

"
Found this, its  truth resonated and it was like a spiritual Red Bull - brushed my hair (pics posted of new color) and sat quietly on my couch, wishing that Ms. Weatherhead had included at least one servant or protege/intern to perform some of the menial chores that insist on being attended to.
"I don't have a 'crown to straighten' in the morning like the quotes say.  I'm a real woman.  I don't need an invisible cape or tiara or a damn unicorn horn to help me throughout my day.  I wake up bad-a*s, keep my attitude savage but sweet, keep my head held high, and power through.  Because if I know one thing for certain, it's that no one is going to do the work for you.  And no one wants you to succeed more  than you want it for yourself.   So, kick that pretend crown to the curb.  You don't need to act like a queen when you're a Goddamn beast on the inside already."
Jordan Sarah Weatherhead   

© 2019 Carol Cashes


Author's Note

Carol Cashes
update to The Last Straw

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


That's one helluva attitude you got there ma'am and I aint gonna argue with a beast over a measly crown.. so there..

Posted 4 Years Ago


powerful affirmation conveyed through legit words


good write


Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 4, 2019
Last Updated on March 4, 2019

Author

Carol Cashes
Carol Cashes

Biloxi, MS



About
I'm very cynical, jaded, just this side of bitter and the only reason I haven't crossed that line is a good man loves me. I am extremely empathetic, but seldom sympathetic. I can be a ferociously lo.. more..

Writing