Salt On Open Wounds

Salt On Open Wounds

A Poem by Chris Shaw

Those nine carat gold hoops
twisted with betrayal
have remained unused and pushed
in their satin lined, expensive
salt on open wounds leather case
to the back of a dark drawer
where they'll stay buried forever.

When he presented them to her,
he would have seen the expression in her eyes.
"I bought them with you in mind", he said.
But she in her infinite wisdom replied,
"You did nothing of the kind,
you'd be a fool if you think my eyes 
are blind to your treachery".

© 2019 Chris Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ouch! Typical amateur mistake Chris, should have buried him in the back of a dark drawer instead.
The selfishness of the male ego knows no bounds. I am ashamed to be a part of that species sometimes....but then again, im usually just grateful that some woman hasn't decided to kill me, yet.
I might not deserve it for that reason, but im probably guilty of something.
It really is a wonder you've not all gone lesbian when uou look at the mounting evidence that we are indeed from mars.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Men are from Mars, Women from Venus and inbetween us the Planet Penis. That's what it all boils down.. read more
Lorry

5 Years Ago

Trump would make a great president of planet penis, being the biggest dick on this planet :)
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

I can 't argue with you there. You are giving me some ideas for a possible poem :)



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Men are great...tis just that some cunning creatures wear a skin resembling to men's skin and continue playing with hearts, flesh, minds and what not!..
Salt on open wounds are one of the worst feelings ever I've been through...
I'm happy that you added her bravery at the end here....Great read =)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Thank you Tahsin for your visit. Good to see you here. All good wishes.

Chris
Brilliant cleverly written piece

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Thank you Rosalind for your visit. Most appreciated.

Chris
Nice write. I like the forwardness of the declaration. I hope you are well.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Thank you Ranger for checking in. All good with me, I wish the same for you.

Chris
oh wow, this cuts.
I know this betrayal so well.
well written, chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Thanks Ana. Yes it stinks doesn't it? Quite cathartic though to write about it even long after the e.. read more
Papaya

5 Years Ago

yes, cathartic.... :)
it's the main reason that I write!
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Even years after the event you still get satisfaction :) Keep that pen flowing.
Dude thought he could pull a fast one by flashing some gold, but true gold is in the heart. And a heart of gold is shown through the things we do.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Dude was made to suffer. Thanks for checking this one out Tony Mak.

Chris
If women were only as stupid as men thought, or wished. Hah! My experience has led me to believe that girls, women, come out of the delivery room knowing what the game is. Boys, men, only begin to know and when they think they do, they are usually wrong. What an interesting tournament we all play. The women are smart, and they usually will win and if they're really smart they'll let the guys think that they are the ones who actually won.

Take care - Dave

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Dave, you are the wisest bloke I've come across. You know the score. Thanks for checking in :))
read more
Some people believe they are smarter than everyone. Then one day. lies and more lies become twisted. Sooner or later. A liar is found-out and true face seen. Like the poem. Salt on a open wound. Ensure we feel the pain and know when to say goodbye. Powerful words and thoughts shared dear Chris.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Many thanks Coyote for your words of wisdom. Those who think they are smartest, seldom are.
<.. read more
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are right dear Chris and you are welcome.
I didn't expect it to be like this, and Your brilliance shines here so brightly dear Chris though the theme is bitterly painful as bitterness and pain can be, not enough that she had to deal with his betrayal but also with him playing her fool, make her feel stupid! this is the worst! more of his "expensive" salt on her wounds! so strong my friend, the title and what lays behind it which I admire the most.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Just stretching my versatility in writing Light. Happy to see you here. Take good care dear friend.<.. read more
Very beautiful and unique descriptions! I enjoyed it a lot, had a nice feeling to it. c:

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Thank you JungLee. Revenge can oft leave a nice feeling of sweetness about it.

Chris
I really like how I could see the scene play out in front of my eyes. You burn the image of a woman hurt right into my brittle soul and I really feel this piece. Great write.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Hello lovely Kee. Hope you are good. A delight to see you again after a too long gap. Hope all is OK.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

483 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 14, 2019
Last Updated on February 14, 2019

Author

Chris Shaw
Chris Shaw

Berkshire, United Kingdom



About
Albert, my paternal grandfather introduced me to Tennyson when I was nine. I have loved poetry ever since but did not attempt writing a single piece until I was 40. It's never too late to try somethin.. more..

Writing
Spoken Spoken

A Poem by Chris Shaw



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


One One

A Poem by John the Baptist