In Best Belief

In Best Belief

A Poem by Chris Shaw
"

(written four months ago and far from being resolved)

"
hearts weep in silence
eyes mist with pain
over and over
a record plays
when will we see you again

when will we see you again
my love
when will we see you again
when the last of birch leaves
flutter down
in a flurry resembling rain

till then my love
on hopes we cling
we'll sing a song of best belief
we'll sing a song of memories
and beg it's not in vain

© 2021 Chris Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
mou
'...when the last of birch leaves
flutter down
in a flurry resembling rain' -
You portray the emotions with this above line in such a vivid way, that I got completely carried away..
What a powerful imagery, dear Chris..
Sometimes, life brings some painful turns but with "song of best belief", this too shall pass, probably.
-mou.



Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

Lovely, thoughtful review mou. Thank you for stopping by. It is good to see you.

Chri.. read more
mou

2 Years Ago

Always my pleasure..
-mou



Reviews

This one is weighed heavily with grief. As the note says the situation is not yet resolved, the poem must refer to one close whose condition is getting worse. As the poet has written before about her mother who is elderly and in a nursing home, I assume this offering is about her. If things don't develop for the better, may she have a smooth descent and a soft landing.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

Thanks John for the visit. Not my mum this time but a little person much loved and sorely missed.read more
The loss is sometimes more than we think we can bear. Impatiently, with the hope that is diminishing as time passes, ever so slowly. Love makes all things possible and so we cling to the dream that we'll be, once again together. You have lots of emotion here Chris, very beautifully done.
Take care - Dave

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

Many thanks Dave for your lovely review. All good wishes.

Chris
While reading, the chorus of the song "When Will I See You Again" by the 3 Degrees kept playing in my head. That same melancholy longing, wondering when reunion will come and make clear all the wonderings and questions between hearts. It is a wicked thing to miss someone, and have to wait. But there is hope in it, too. You expressed both beautifully!

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

Thank you Zoe for checking in with your thoughts. Appreciated.

Chris
sadly dear Chris, many more people seem to be singing this prayer each day... what have become of this world... what have become of it... in your first verse going to second one the way You "repeated" again and "my love" touched my heart with true and deep sadness, with true and deep imploring... such a touching poem You have there, leave us with a real impact.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

Thank you lightsong for your wonderfully compassionate review. All good wishes winging their way to .. read more
when the last of birch leaves
flutter down
in a flurry resembling rain

I like these lines here, Makes me think of a dear loved one that passed away,
I miss my family so much at times it hurts me so much, This write is touching
Amazing, heartfelt write Chris.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

Kerra, thank you fir your lovely review. So much appreciated.

Chris
Wow, I felt so much emotion flowing through out this piece, so well expressed though....

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

Thank you Kimmie for another review. You are appreciated.

Chris
It's always difficult to lose someone and this poem cries out of loss. Whether the loss might be regained seems to hinge on faith. I believe I will never die. Not because of some lofty aspiration to immortality but because of God's promise. I rest all my care on that. But whether I live or die or whatever I do or feel or think or say, I trust in the life given me and in that blessing because God is life to me and if He abides, then so shall I in Him. I'm as certain of that as my own existence. It's not religion to me but knowledge acquired through my life. The river is no mystery to him that has been to the spring. Bless.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

Dear Fabian, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. Your visit is most appreciated.
read more
Wonderful poem Chris. You always wait for the people whom you love very much. Earnestly this poem really touches the heart.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

Thank you Abdul for your encouraging review. Much appreciated. All the best.

Chris
Nice! I could feel the longing in between the words. It's like everything that has been said also reached out for everything unsaid. Well done!

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

Thank you for your lovely review. I appreciate you stopping by.

Chris
I admire the desperation in this piece. The poem has a warm, loving and welcoming approach to it. Each line welcomes the reader with open arms. I feel comfort and at peace with this writing. It emotionally grabs me and pulls me in. This poem has such a strong impact. I don’t feel lost, I feel at one with the pleasantness of this extraordinary read.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your lovely review. You are appreciated.

Chris

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

729 Views
42 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 24, 2021
Last Updated on October 24, 2021

Author

Chris Shaw
Chris Shaw

Berkshire, United Kingdom



About
Albert, my paternal grandfather introduced me to Tennyson when I was nine. I have loved poetry ever since but did not attempt writing a single piece until I was 40. It's never too late to try somethin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..