Tequila

Tequila

A Story by Cassy Sandow
"

An actual story about my feelings toward tequila. Have a laugh, won't you

"
Sweet with the zests of lemon and lime. 
Dressed modestly, with a beautiful coat of salt on her rim.
A lime garnish hung off her side like a handbag accenting her outfit.
Oh tequila. 
You beautiful devil you.
Are these not the normal thoughts everyone has about their drinks? Because tequila and I, (to say the least) are in a serious long term relationship. She is the reason for my empty wallets and my unbearable mornings. But we make it work.
I walk into a bar. Ah yes, I remember you. Smoke polluted air, booze-filled business men, s****y music defiling my ears; I might as well be home. One look at my man behind the bar ... he knows. And shortly after, the love of my life shows up atop a napkin, two limes on the side, salt on the rim. You beautiful animal, you. I have dabbled in Jose Cuervo, cheated with Casamigos and have gone home a time or two with Don Julio. But the real love of my life, the one who holds my heart; good ole Patron Silver. 
We look at each other, unable to concentrate on the man sitting next to me, attempting to break my bond with Patron to try to introduce (a most likely drugged) vodka tonic. I laugh when the situation calls for a laugh, and nod my head when appropriate. But I could not be bothered with the incessant chitter-chatter of this flirty business man with a ring on his finger. Go home to your wife.
He gives up. Thank god. But you are still here, aren't you? Of course you are. We drink all night, $50 dollars worth of you. We share long inner monologues that begin to spin half way through our third round. My man behind the bar laughs at us as usual: he thinks our bond is amusing. I am entranced by you and in love with the way you make my head spin (literally). 
At some point, my head makes its way to the bar; resting peacefully, drowning in blissful intoxication. You are in my hand, never leaving my side. But, like most nights, my man behind the bar comes to take you from me and to send me on my way. I collect myself and wish you well on your endeavors. Until next time, Patron. Until next time.

© 2016 Cassy Sandow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lol...highly entertaining! Made my day my friend!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cassy Sandow

8 Years Ago

just wanted to have a bit of fun, glad you enjoyed!
A. Amos

8 Years Ago

I did...thanks for sharing!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Added on March 21, 2016
Last Updated on March 29, 2016
Tags: drinking, tequila, college, fiction, narrative, love, bars

Author

Cassy Sandow
Cassy Sandow

NJ



About
Half of what I write is an inner thought stream of bullshit. But it comes from the heart. I write informally because I've had too many years of professors telling me how to write. I am inspired by m.. more..

Writing