Carry On, Carry On

Carry On, Carry On

A Chapter by Toasty (Erin)

The next morning before I leave for the S.S, the phone starts ringing, I instantly pick it up.

“Hello?” I answer hoping it’s one of my parents.

“Hello Hunter.” My uncle greets.

“What the hell do you want.” I growl.

“That’s not a nice way to talk to your uncle.” He muses.

“Where the hell are my parents.” I snap.

“My sister and her husband, your parents.” He says.

I can imagine him and his grey hair and blue eyes that hold no mercy at all with his puffed up lips like a duck which are now in a menacing smile.

“Yes them, my parents. Where are they?” I ask slowly losing my patience.

“They are in the prison.” He replies.

I can feel his greedy smile now and the knot in my stomach tightens.

“Why are they there? They did nothing wrong, I got two little kids over here missing them.” I argue gripping the phone tighter.

“Well your father is an Outsider and your mother knew about it. These crimes are punishable by death.” He hisses.

When he says death my heart sinks to the acid in my stomach.

“Why are you doing this? Why are you punishing you family?” I beg.

“Because I saw you with that pest of a girl.” He responds.

I swallow and the knot returns.

“She was drunk, I was being a good role model to the future citizens that the future president can be nice to the Beef’s.” I lie.

When I say Beef’s it feels like acid on my tongue, I doesn’t sound right when I say it.

“Still what they did is a crime and they will be on trial, just because their family doesn‘t mean they should break the rules, you will learn this when you take my place.” He says in a calm voice.

F**k no, you b*****d!

You let me pass by hundreds of times.

“Goodbye uncle.” I say sarcastically and hit end call.

I slam the phone down on the table, grab my bag and leave.

F**k it, F**k it, F**k it! I’m getting those goddamn forums and I’m joining B.E.F.A. He won’t put them to court, he is going to slaughter them like animals in public, like the sick twisted man he is.

I get on the S.S and I see Kat on it as well. I go over to her and sit beside her.

She looks over at me “What the f**k do you think your doing?”

“I want those forums.” I reply.

“Why?” She asks.

“My Uncle is going to kill my parents, I need somewhere to keep my siblings and I safe. I’m willing to fight the good fight, there is nothing to lose but my title as future President but I’m willing to drop it.” I beg

“I know what happened we heard well all of New Toronto heard, with your dad and mom. So you’re a M.E.B then.” She says crossing her arms.

“Yea. I am, you can hate me.”

She looks around, there is no one here except for the Officer who is giving us looks and her puffy lips turned upwards.

“I don’t hate you. I’m full blooded Insider and I am hated more than you.” She says with a shrug “But are you sure you want the forums?”

“Yes, I will join only if they protect my siblings.” I reply.

“How old?”

“Twins, their six and a half.” I say proudly.

“They could be useful later on.” She says with a small smile.

She digs through her bag and pulls out an large yellow envelope with “Forums!” printed in black marker.

She hands e the envelope.

“Keep this out of the way of your uncle, he will try to hurt us if he finds out. This is secretive.” She warns.

“What about the cameras here and that Officer over there?” I ask gripping the envelope.

“That officer over there is an undercover B.E.F.A member and someone is taking care of the cameras. He won’t know unless word gets out.” She reassures.

“I promise word won’t get out.” I say with a nod.

The Officer calls from the door “Next stop Bellamy. Kat and Hunter, it’s your stop.”

She looks female and a small smile appears on her lips.

“Thank you Fourteen.” Kat replies.

“No problem.” She smiles.

“She’s like the mother I never had.” Kat mutters zipping up her bag.

I’ve heard stories about Kat’s family or once was their family. Once upon a time they were a Sector 3 family, living normally and happily until the government came in and killed their parents and injuring her brother Kendall leaving him with one eye and forever wearing an eye patch because of it.

That’s why they started B.E.F.A so not only is their equality for both Insiders and Outsiders but also amongst other Insiders, they want the Sector system abolished and an elected government, unlike what happens now. Only 100 people get to vote (Most from Sector 4) and most are people who a friends with the candidates or the president in charge now get to pass it to a family member.

“Hunter, we’re getting off.” Kat snaps.

I snap out of my daze and follow her out of the S.S.

She grips my hand tightly and drags me up the sleek black stairs. When we reach the top she let’s go, she knows my uncle still has power above ground.

We enter the building and the halls are dead, I tuck the envelope in my jacket and look at her.

“There is an address inside where you can send it to. You can always back out but if you get it, your in for good.” She warns.

“Ok.” I nod.

She pats my chest “See you around.”

Then she walks to her locker and gets it open. I walk to mine.

I look over at her “Hello.”

She looks at me “Hi.”

She gets her sketch book out with it’s tattered cover and faded pages. She loves that book to death, I see it with her always.

“You got The Arts now?” I ask.

“Yes, the only subject where the teacher doesn’t hate me with a burning passion.” She remarks.

“Is Mr. Campbell a Beef?” I ask quietly with surprise in my voice.

“No he just agrees with us, you would be surprised how many agree with us but care about their lives too much to say anything.” She replies with a sly smile the looks at me “I got nothing to lose.”

She shuts her locker with a bang and looks at me ”I will see you at lunch or history. Remember no one should know about this.”

She points to the envelope that’s now tucked under my arm.

“I know, I don’t want to risk my family or even you.” I reply.

She looks up at me one more time then turns around and walks down the hall.

For once I feel like there is hope



© 2012 Toasty (Erin)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I read it all!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
1 Review
Added on December 24, 2011
Last Updated on March 20, 2012
Tags: Fiction, Fight, Rebel


Author

Toasty (Erin)
Toasty (Erin)

Canada



About
I am a young writer who spends too much tim with books and notebooks. I love to read and write, I can write a short story in uncer a day and I can finish off a book in under 24 hours if I stayed up lo.. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by Toasty (Erin)


Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Toasty (Erin)