Company

Company

A Poem by Cat

I keep finding ladybugs on the sleeves of my shirt when I'm walking outside.
They sit on my cottons and look at me with their sienna skeletons, asking why I've been so lonely.
I ask them why they're here long after the Spring and Summer.
I ask them to tickle my arm hairs and give me goosebumps but they flutter away.
They flutter away to a bench or into the clouds and I usually don't mind.
It's nice to see ladybugs on the sleeves of your shirt when you feel lonely.
It's really nice even though you don't know where they came from and even if they don't keep you much company.

© 2015 Cat


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the ladybugs. In some belief. A ladybug landing is good luck. I enjoyed the story and thoughts in the amazing poem.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


I dove into a field of flowers and came up covered in ladybugs ..when they were washed off of me by a gentle breeze I was clean from head to soul ..and in my mind I thanked them.I feel your loneliness in your writings...and they are very good! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Cat

8 Years Ago

Thanks Terry! I really appreciate your reviews
terry smith

8 Years Ago

I am a fan and I check to see if you have written but sometimes it seems you are gone fora while.
Cat

8 Years Ago

At times I am busy. But I'm trying to be on here more often. I will be. Thanks again.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
-- ah... this is exquisite poetry... -- it reminds me of how i could suddenly taste the coffee in my coffee when i was in the loneliest phase of my life... and i felt grateful for that...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Cat

8 Years Ago

Thank you!
.

8 Years Ago

-- you're very welcome... :)
I liked this! A reflective write, and where do those ladybugs come from, and I hope they know where they are going.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Cat

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 25, 2015
Last Updated on October 25, 2015
Tags: nature, love, friendship, poetry


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic


My Air My Air

A Poem by ...