Sweet Young Luna

Sweet Young Luna

A Story by Dwelling Moments Of A Teenager

The tears hit her pale red cheeks. "She's hoping for a change", "longing for a difference in her life" he whispers to himself. "Are you okay Hun?" he repeats in his rough tone forgetting his thoughts. Snuggled in the silk sheets, feeling his heart beat on her face. She says in her soft voice, “would you be here if I did not rise with the sun?” He looks in her eyes, with a crystal droplet rolling down. "Don't talk rubbish again Luna, those nightmares are only are in your mind" he replies as he takes a long breath. She moves up and wipes the tear to kiss him, "Then why does the feelings linger. It's like death is chasing after me, waiting for me to fall". He turns over to face the wall, not wanting to show the sadness that is written on his face. As she lies there, fighting back the urge to remind him what she had just said. He turns over, "I fight every day for the twinkle of happiness. Those few smiles you give to me are more precious than money. I hope for the day that I can truly make you as happy as I am when I'm with you". She looks at him, seeing the boy she loves weep to keep her alive. "I love you Lucas, you are the only one that keeps me here". Building up inside her throat, the guilt of knowing she will not be able to hold on much longer.


As he snores fast to sleep, she chucks on one of his old tops laying on the fall. Half asleep, she heads towards the kitchen for a cold glass of water. Walking through the dark hallway alone, those thoughts of the afternoon pop into her mind. She wonders, does he think I’m crazy? Or just overthinking? “I swear I need help” she sighs to herself. "the floor creeks- “what was that” she whispers. With a fast pace, she moves swiftly back into her room, (forgetting her plan for water). “Lucas?.....Lucas?..........Lucas?”. She feels a breath on her neck and turns around. “Lucas, you scared me!”. “Well, I’m full of surprises aren’t I. Now get back into bed, it’s 4am and I’ve got work at 8” he says before picking her up, and putting her into the queen bed they share. 


Lying awake, all she can think of is her nightmares. Scared of remembering, but frightened of what she sees asleep. “Argh, I can never win can I?” the thought that keeps drifting through her mind. As she turns over, she realises that it’s “6:30!” as she whips her nose. “Really, a blood nose again”. Quickly stepping over all his half washed clothes, she gets to the master bathroom. “why does this always happen, I’m over it”. She washes her face and jump out of his top (which is now covered in blood). “brrrrru, it’s cold” Luna thinks as she hops into the shower. Lifting up the shower gel bottle, she realise that, “That basted” used all of it up again. “Come on Luna, fight the erg. You don’t need to go down this path again” The words of Lucas scarred in her like her cuts. She reaches up to the top of the shower and finds her blade. Studying like it is a piece of old bone, she weighs up the decision too or not too. “I can do this” she says. “I can…” she rips across her skin, realising the forgotten release the pain had. 1, 3, 9, 14, all over her hips and thighs. She looks down and smiles, “Finally, we meet again”, stepping carefully out of the shower, making sure not to make noise. She is startled, Lucas standing there waiting for an explanation. “I aaaaar, aaaaar, I don’t think I can hide this much longer” she says waving across her tears. “You promised me last time, it wasn’t going to happen again. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, I mean. I look after you and try make you feel something. But all you are is cold right now. Shutting me out like I’m a stranger”. She runs out, tripping on his stuff. “I can’t Lucas, I don’t know what to say anymore. I’m useless. I’m nothing”. He picks Luna up with a towel to wrap over her. “I will stick with you to the end, but I need you to at least try. I don’t how to be me without you”. She cuddles into his arms as he tucks her back into bed. “I’ll just make one phone call babe, I won’t be a minute. I promise”. He grabs his phone and rushes outside, “Hey Simon, look. I can’t come into work today.” “Why not, is everything okay?”, “It’s Luna, the nightmares are back. I just found her in the bathroom…And…Yeah” “Yeah I understand, I’ll call you tonight. See how everything is going”. As he walks back through the door, he hears a little breathing. “Thank god she’s finally sleeping”. 


“Luna, can I ask you something?”, “hmmm… what, my eyes aren’t even open yet”. “Well…I don’t know… It’s hard for me to say… But, why do you keep pushing me away?”  “Not now Lucas, it isn’t the time.” As she gets up, she realises what she has done earlier that morning. Sheet’s stained with her blood, she walks away trying not to let it get to her. As Lucas chases after her, he screams, “Why do you put me through this, the pain. One minute you are here. The next, it’s like you’re a ghost.” 

© 2013 Dwelling Moments Of A Teenager


Author's Note

Dwelling Moments Of A Teenager
Up to 930 words.
Would really like to know what people think so far.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

“Luna, can I ask you something?”, “hmmm… what, my eyes aren’t even open yet”. “Well…I don’t know… It’s hard for me to say… But, why do you keep pushing me away? lol the feels are coming xD


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

“Luna, can I ask you something?”, “hmmm… what, my eyes aren’t even open yet”. “Well…I don’t know… It’s hard for me to say… But, why do you keep pushing me away? lol the feels are coming xD


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
1 Review
Added on May 23, 2013
Last Updated on November 25, 2013
Tags: Dark, Teenage, Experimental

Author

Dwelling Moments Of A Teenager
Dwelling Moments Of A Teenager

Hamilton, New Zealand



About
Hi, I'm Bethan from Hamilton, New Zealand I'm 17, and go to Waikato University. more..

Writing