The First

The First

A Chapter by Niko Timmy

Adam

I want to say the bite didn't hurt but it did. It felt like when you go to the doctor and they take blood from you and you can literally feel it rushing out of you, feeling drained, tired, dizzy. Afterwards it was a bloody mess. Blood dripping from my shoulder and down my arm. He eventually cleaned it up until it was just a scar on my shoulder.

And in the end he had a scar on his wrist, from when I drank his blood as well.

And the transformation was done. I had become the monster I am today.



I look down at the male body before me, blood running from the his throat. I cringe at what I have done, at what horrible thing I have caused over pure lack of self-control. His beige suit darkens with blood and his mouth hangs open and his eyes close slowly. He's not dead, he's not dead, he's not dead, I remind myself, but it doesn't take away from the sorrow.

 

Eric said every time I kill it will get easier. He said the pain of seeing the blood from the mortal's throat, from seeing the eyes close ever so delicately, everything will get easier with time. I've drank from dozens of humans but it has never gotten easier.

 

Eric also said that I could flip off my emotions. I could go from feeling every emotion times ten to feeling nothing at all. He said he would teach me, he said he would help things get easier for me. I wish he were right.

 

I wish I hadn't run away so soon, I wish I hadn't betrayed him.

 

It's true, he is a very cruel man, but his students don't see him that way. I didn't either, until he Changed me.

 

The night he kidnapped me was scary and horrid and unforgettable. I wish I could have done better in escaping him, I wish I could have been successful in escaping him before he got his fangs in my throat.

 

I was walking down the hallway, books in my hand and my destination set on my next class, already late. See, Eric is the head master - aka that principal - of that school, Rosewood Academy. Everyone thought he was the best teacher there, the most amazing man that school could have had. They were wrong. Like I said, he's cruel and evil. He Turned me, he made me this way. On purpose.

 

No one except me knows what he is.

 

I was walking, paying attention to where I was going but at the same time my thoughts were set on other things. My girlfriend, Ariel Massel. She's human, of course. Everyone is. Everyone that went to that school is. But not me, not anymore.

 

I turned a corner and came face to face with Eric/Mr. Dycremia.

 

"Oh, Mr. Dycremia." I said, "I'm sorry I'm late for class, I -"

 

"Don't worry about it kid," He had said. I remember he put his hand on my shoulder and led me toward the front of the school. "How about we go for a walk, ok?" He said, smiling. I remember seeing the two teeth he had that looked like fangs. I remember ignoring it, telling myself I was crazy.

 

"O-ok." I said. I laugh, remembering I felt scared that he would scold me for something I had done. Oh, how wrong I was.

 

I know what you're thinking. Why is he following this creeper? Who knows what he's up to? Eric was a very friendly man, before I discovered what he really is, and I trusted him. I never believed he could be something...so horrible and unbelievable. It used to be out of the question that Eric was a great guy - reliable, trustworthy, and really just great.

 

But when he led me to his destination, my beliefs changed a little. That's when things got a little weird.

 

He led me out of the building and across the parking lot, and then started talking, "I want to reward you for how well you've done, Adam." He said.

 

I looked up at him and frowned. I wasn't doing that good, not any better than any other students. "How?" I asked.

 

He led me out into the woods next to the school and after walking deep into it, a cabin had appeared. "I'll show you."

 

Of course, at that point, he was just screaming pedophile. I couldn't believe our own head master was a pedophile, a creeper, the complete opposite of what he lead on. But, again, I was wrong. He walked me in and brought me into the kitchen where we sat down at the table.

 

"You've done very well, Adam." He had said, sitting across the table from me. "Now, I was curious. Do you believe in the...how do I put this? Paranormal?"

 

I frowned. "The...paranormal? What do you mean?"

 

"Like...you know, what teens are into these days. Vampires, werewolves, ghosts." He had explained.

 

I was shocked and confused. I remember wondering if he was on drugs or had a mental issue.

 

"Um...no. No, not really." I said a little quieter. "I'm not really into that stuff, and I don't think anyone who is would believe in..that."

 

"Of course, you're right." He chuckled, waving a hand through the air. "I was just wondering if you were into that. Seems to be popular these days. Well, I have to say I can't help but believe in that as well. Adam, there are things in this world that most mortals don't know about."

 

I remember thinking: Did he just say mortals? As opposed to immortals? "What are you saying?" I asked.

 

He smiled, showing his "fangs". It wasn't a generous smile, or a friendly one, it was evil. But I realized that all too late, because by the time I could react, he had leaped across the table to me and we both went tumbling to the ground.

 

"Get off!" I had screamed, but he was so much stronger than me. He bit into my neck and I screamed for help, begging someone to stop him. I felt blood drip down my neck and onto the floor. I felt it drain out of me, my vision went fuzzy and my lungs rose and fell heavily.

 

Once he had stopped, he got off me but before I could get up and run he had his wrist to my mouth. He had bitten it to make it bleed and had made me drink it.

I could feel the change running through my veins. The hot and cold, the pain, the calm, the dizziness and the faint feeling. The clenching in my stomach was the worst, and the pounding in my head as the monster took over inside me. Making me something unbelievable.

 

It was the most horrible feeling.

 

And in a few minutes, I became a vampire.

 

I had become what I dreaded most, the most horrible killer, most horrifying killer known to man. From then on I had to hurt people to live, I had to get used to the taste of blood. From then on I had to get used to my emotions being times ten, and wanting to attack every human I saw.

 

But now, it's nearly a year later. That happened August 19th 2009. I remember the day, as if it were burned into my memory. I hate who I am, and I hate Eric.

 

He taught me everything about vampires, what we can control and what we can't. What we're capable of and how strong we can become.

 

I miss being a human, I miss the simplicity of being human. I hate Eric for doing this to me, I hate going to Rosewood Academy.

 

He made me swear not to tell anyone that he did that, that vampires even exist. I came up with a story for why my eyes are now darker, why I'm always so tense around people or crowds. Why my skin is paler, why my lips are more red than most people's, and why my canines are sharper and longer.

 

It's a miricale no one has suspected anything, since Twilight is so popular and ever since the movie came out and they now know what vampires look like... makes me nervous, you know?

 

The only one who knows what really happened is Ariel. She didn't believe me at first, and when she did she wanted to kill Eric right then and there. Then I explained how strong we are, what we could do, and how Eric would snap her like a twig. I would always tell her anything, even if it meant life or death.

 

And in this situation, it did.

 

But Eric hasn't figured it out yet, and I hope he never will. It's been a little less than a year at least. I hope I can keep myself alive. I hope I can keep going like this, getting stronger, getting faster, and hopefully one day I'll get used to being like this.

But I'll probably be dead by then.



© 2011 Niko Timmy


Author's Note

Niko Timmy
For the first four chapters, I feel this one is the best. I know it's vampire stuff, but trust me it's not anything like twilight or cheesy vampire stuff.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really liked it, it's creepy and dark, the kind of story I like. The descriptions of everything, especially Adam feels about what he has become, are very well done

Posted 12 Years Ago


i really enjoyed reading this . this to me is one of the best works so far i've read on it - i'm not saying this just because i've feel well have gotten to know you but i like it . i enjoyed it because i rooted for the character and the intensity didn't seem rushed it felt nescescarry [ forgot how to spell this word ] Vampires i like them dark and the ones who don't want to be something but are and they will have to come with that and grow into that role . i really enjoyed it and i'm very proud that you've created something so horrificly beautiful . a masterpeice . very well done

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 3, 2011
Last Updated on October 3, 2011


Author

Niko Timmy
Niko Timmy

A Place Called Awesome



About
Hello, I'm Niko Timmy, I'm a girl, and I love to write. Writing is probably my most consistent hobby and one that I want to take up a career in. I also love to draw, sing, play softball, and read. I d.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Niko Timmy


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Niko Timmy