Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Niko Timmy
"

Xavier realizes something about his best friends he would never have expected.

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of Chapter 1.



June 4th, 2009

Xavier walked down the hallways at school, his friend Roy and Roy's cousin Trevor walked next to him. Other kids around them chatted and laughed, occupying the few minutes they had before class started. However, Xavier, Roy, and Trevor wanted to get to class immediately. The trio never hung around with friends for very long, but rather wanted to get to class early to relax.

And more so because they wanted to avoid any drama. That was their goal for their sophmore year in highschool, to stay drama-free.

That, though, was going to be difficult. At least for Xavier.

Xavier Floyd was one of the most well-known angels of his generation, equipped with wings and a halo in replacement of an aura. Laurissa Stacome was his angel girlfriend, the most beautiful angel Xavier had ever seen. Both their families had come from a long line of angels, most of them holding a highly-respected place in the Legend's Court.

The Legend's Court is a group of many angels that runs the angel world. Xavier's mother and father were both in the Legend's Court, as were his grandparents. Laurissa, however, only had three relatives that were in the court, her father and her father's parents. Her grandparents on her mother's side were dead and her mother was a fallen angel, no longer welcome in the Legend's Court or the angel world due to a horrible incident she caused.

Xavier's parents, Thomas and Gwen Floyd, were very close to the headmaster of the Legend's Court;  they've practically known each other since birth. They all expected greatness out of Thomas and Gwen's only child, and Xavier planned to give the best he could give.

But with school, friends, and other life issues he found it to become a struggle, especially when highschool came around.

His freshman year he let everything go, didn't worry about anything but being happy. He didn't worry about being safe from the harms of being an angel, or his girlfriend being an angel. He wanted to be an average, happy, teenage guy.

But he quickly realized that would never work. Not in his world, not with his life, and not with his parents.

Sophmore year he quickly changed his outlook on everything, he became more aware of everything going on around him. He became more cautious and guarded. Mostly because he didn't want to let his parents down.

He told Roy and Trevor, his best friends, that he wanted to keep a low profile this year and they agreed with him. They told him freshman year didn't go so well for them either and they wanted to bring it down a little, get back to how things were in Junior High.

Roy and Trevor were humans, and they didn't know Xavier's or Laurissa's secret. They knew nothing and Xavier, as much of a stress it was, wanted it to stay that way. So he played along with their every day human instincts and emotions and weaknesses, pretending to be one of them while on the inside he was dying to let out his angel.

He'd asked Laurissa before if she had those same urges and she told him she felt the same way, that she hated putting on a show for her dad. She hated pretending to be something she wasn't. But they both knew they had to keep going this way or they would both lose their place in being respected in the Legend's Court.

As Xavier sat through his classes that day he felt something odd. All day he felt something tugging at him, as if someone were pulling him in to tell him a secret. He started thinking differently, ways an angel shouldn't think. He started pondering murder, what would happen to an angel who comminted murder. He'd never seen the execution of an angel, he didn't know what it was like.

He thought about Laurissa's mother, the only living fallen angel in her family, the thing that caused her family to tear apart. What had Laurissa's mother done? Had she hurt someone? Laurissa never told Xavier, but suddenly he wanted to know.

In Xavier's fifth period in school, unoccumanied by Roy or Trevor, he started thinking about what his parents would do if he did something to become a fallen angel. But he would never do such a thing, he loved being who he was, he loved being an angel. He and his parents knew it was an honor.

After class was over Xavier quickly made his way to his locker to retrieve his books for this next class. On his way to his next class he passed the boy's bathroom and heard whispering. He wouldn't have stopped if he hadn't have heard the words "found out" and "angel" in the same sentence. He stopped and stared at the doorway to the bathrooms. He walked in to face the wall to his right that seperated the doorway from the bathroom stalls.

He went to the end of the wall and stopped so he wouldn't be seen by the two havng a conversation on the other side of the wall. He listened closer to hear the two voices.

"I swear, man, him and his parents." It sounded like Roy.

"Are you stoned? Do you even realize what you're talking about?" That was definitely Trevor.

"I saw it, Trevor. It was Xavier, he had wings and his parents did too. I wouldn't make this up and I wasn't dreaming." Roy stated.

Wings. Xavier. His parents. What did Roy see? What was he talking about? The words pierced Xavier's ears like a loud scream; he couldn't believe what he was hearing. Xavier was about to step out from behind the wall to confront the two but then Trevor spoke again.

"Ok, what did you see exactly?" Trevor asks.

"I was riding my bike passed Xavier's place and I saw something shine in the windows. I stopped and looked at the window and I saw it again." Roy went on, but Xavier's mind could barely keep up. His heart began to beat fast and hard, his breaths getting heavier. "In his living room window there was a glow, it looked almost like gold. It was his wings, man. I swear. They were black and gold. His dad's were black and his mom's were, like, red. It was there, man, it wasn't a dream. I'm not kidding."

"Roy, you . . . " Trevor starts. Xavier heard him sigh and then he kept going. "I don't know, dude, that sounds crazy. Do you realize how crazy that sounds? Xavier? He's our best friend."

"What else do you think it was then?" Roy asks.

Trevor doesn't answer and Xavier doesn't stick around to hear the rest of the conversation. He leaves, quietly opening and closing the bathroom door and running to get to class.

Xavier would never forget that conversation, never forget what he heard. How could he and his parents have been so stupid to leave the curtains open while their wings were exposed? Xavier had to do something, he had to take action. He couldn't let Roy and Trevor keep this knowledge. It was a danger to the Legend's Court and all angels.

Xavier would not let his stupid mistake ruin the angels. He didn't fully trust Roy and Trevor, he couldn't trust that they could keep a secret. Would they even confront Xavier about it or just keep it as their secret? But then they would never know if it's true or not.

Xavier had to do something, and quick. Tell his parents? No, that would bring the Court into it and cause even more trouble. Get Laurissa's help? Not yet, not while he doesn't have a plan. Confront Roy? Roy's information is still so fresh, confronting him now might only give away even more.

But Xavier was sure on what he heard, he knew that Roy and Trevor had information about the angels. True facts, no proof, but still the idea that angels exist.

And that was all it took.

Sixth period went by in a blur and when school finally ended it was all Xavier could do not to let out his wings and fly home. He needed to get home fast, to think of what to do next.

He needed to think of something, anything, to stop Roy or get more information about what he knows.

Xavier has no idea what Roy is going to do with his information, or Trevor. But it could mean the end of his life as a fallen angel, the end of his power.

Possibly even his parent's as well.

As fast-paced as this was going, Xavier couldn't let his guard down for even a minute. It was dangerous.

It was the difference between life and death.



© 2012 Niko Timmy


Author's Note

Niko Timmy
Reviewing my own chapter I think it's a little too fast at the end but I'm not sure how to slow it down. Tell me what you think.



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

13 Views
Added on January 16, 2012
Last Updated on January 16, 2012
Tags: angels, protection, scared, decisions


Author

Niko Timmy
Niko Timmy

A Place Called Awesome



About
Hello, I'm Niko Timmy, I'm a girl, and I love to write. Writing is probably my most consistent hobby and one that I want to take up a career in. I also love to draw, sing, play softball, and read. I d.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Niko Timmy


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Niko Timmy