In with the new,  out with the old.

In with the new, out with the old.

A Poem by Christopher.Holmberg

A growing sobriety-

dedicates minds,

thick and thin;

respectfully rearranging,

societies glue.

Where within walls,

loud men signal their disciples.

In homes, they meet accordingly.

Splitting wicks,

while shortening the fuse;

they gaze upon no longer,

sought no further.

Remnants remain just;

A generation worn.
 

© 2011 Christopher.Holmberg


Author's Note

Christopher.Holmberg
This composition is a tad different...I'm expecting mixed reviews, but enjoy...be sure to-Read between the lines-ch

Check out my other work aswell, I will greatly appreciate any feedback!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its good I like it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great poem. Very well written. Amazing read. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


"respectfully rearranging, societies glue."-----This needs to happen in reality! :)


Posted 13 Years Ago


Interesting poem... It reminds of or Troy.

Posted 13 Years Ago


nice poem...sounds like you did some free lance poetry here but there are probably many ways to interpret this. Maybe if I had some brief description of some sort I could take it from there. But for now I will say I loved the combination of the words which seem to hold secret codes of their own.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Don
To me, it seems like you are trying to fit in better within what society deems to be acceptable, but you are still drawn in by the people that society disproves of.

Of course, this is my interpretation, and I could be missing the point entirely.

Posted 13 Years Ago


interesting but i dont quite understand...

Posted 13 Years Ago


A nice poem Chris...I sure had to reread it many times...The secret here is reading between the lines..or is it???A refreshing piece of work I must say...

Posted 13 Years Ago


I thought of all things that eventually get old.
The buildings get knocked down so newer ones can go up.
There used to be this hotel that held memories for me that was knocked down and a supermarket was thrown up in no time.
When is the last time you saw a payphone on the street?
Even the parking meters you know the ones, you slid the coin in and turned the dial. Now they have digital ones.
How long did some of us watch the big booty Televisions? The thickness never bothered us. But now, the flatter the screen the happier we are.

In with the new and out with the old. How about athletes....they reach a certain age and they have to retire cause the younger players are in waiting.


Posted 13 Years Ago


A refreshing point of view-one I must consider. I felt that you were speaking to me, the middle aged wick splitter.
My body is worn, but the garden in my mind is in full summer.
Thanks for the read.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1039 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 15, 2009
Last Updated on January 12, 2011

Author

Christopher.Holmberg
Christopher.Holmberg

Vancouver, Canada



About
http://soundcloud.com/cholmberg89 My writes have a wide range. Don't be shy if one turns your eye. Hi my name is Christopher Holmberg and I currently reside in a small town bordering Vanco.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heart in Hand Heart in Hand

A Poem by OT


I Wonder I Wonder

A Poem by OT


Checkmate Checkmate

A Poem by OT