Christmas Tree Fairy

Christmas Tree Fairy

A Story by Christine
"

OK ladies, and maybe gents too, go back to being 5 yrs old. Here is a story for you. A little girl makes friends with a Christmas tree fairy, and receives a surprise gift.

"

Fur fairy



The fairy stood quite still on top of the tree and looked down into the town square. It was a long way down and standing in front of the tree was a little girl with curly red hair. She looked up at the fairy and waved. The fairy waved back. The little girl's eyes opened wide and she stood stock still for a second. Then she let out a squeal of delight and jumped up and down, clapping her hands. She ran all round the tree and all over the square, her arms out at her sides, energetically moving them up and down, as if they were wings.



“I'm a fairy, I'm a fairy,” she shouted, till her mother took her by the hand and led her away; it was time to go home. But the little girl turned her head to look at the fairy once more, and lifted her free hand to wave. The fairy waved again and the little girl was gone.



It began to get dark in the square. The fairy looked down at the tree below her; it was covered in fairy lights. She waved her wand and the lights twinkled and glittered like stars. Up above, the stars in the sky shone brightly. One, in particular, was glowing. The fairy, as she often did at night, stretched her stiff arms and legs, flexed her knees and lifted herself gently off into the sky, wings fluttering.



It was a clear cold night, with a full moon to light the way. But fairies don't feel the cold for long. In the blink of an eye, she had waved her wand and covered herself with warm fairy fur. All in white and toasty warm, with little fur boots and a huge Russian style hat, she could be mistaken for an overlarge snowflake, as she landed on the roof of a small terraced house, just below the shining star. She slid down the roof and somersaulted over the gutter, coming to land on a windowsill.



Peering in, she could gradually make out, for it was dark in the room, two rather large figures huddled under the bedclothes. There was a lot of loud snoring; this was not the room she was looking for. She hopped across to the next windowsill. The room was a lot lighter and coming from inside was a much sweeter sound; it was a little girl's voice, crooning a song she had made up. It rambled on about fairies and Christmas trees. The fairy liked nothing more than songs about herself. So she tapped on the window and the little girl turned her head sharply. She sat up in bed and stared.



The fairy began dancing, she tapped her toes and turned cartwheels, waved her wand and her fur coat turned into a splendid pink tutu. She danced like a ballerina, hopping and swooping and pirouetting. She finished with a flourish, making the little girl a rather grand curtsy. The little girl, beaming with pleasure, ran to the window and opened it; the fairy fluttered in, and feeling rather tired now, settled down to sleep on the pillow. The little girl was soon fast asleep as well and when she woke up the fairy was gone.



But on her chair, next to the bed, was a beautiful set of clothes made of soft white fur, with white boots and a large white fur hat. And on top of all, a pair of fairy wings, just perfect for flying.

© 2015 Christine


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You created a fun, vibrant and sassy little fairy here. I loved the character so much that I felt kind of sad when the end came because I wanted to know what became of the fairy - were those her wings - did she 'die' and bequeath them - is the little girl going to don the wings and become the new fairy ??
So many questions and then I said to myself - why am I so concerned about this little made up character.
That, is where you came in and so I thank you for sharing with me, this beautiful tale Christine.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Christine

8 Years Ago

Thanks Anto. All I can say is fairies don't die. Not sure about leprechauns.



Reviews

You created a fun, vibrant and sassy little fairy here. I loved the character so much that I felt kind of sad when the end came because I wanted to know what became of the fairy - were those her wings - did she 'die' and bequeath them - is the little girl going to don the wings and become the new fairy ??
So many questions and then I said to myself - why am I so concerned about this little made up character.
That, is where you came in and so I thank you for sharing with me, this beautiful tale Christine.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Christine

8 Years Ago

Thanks Anto. All I can say is fairies don't die. Not sure about leprechauns.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 14, 2015
Last Updated on December 10, 2015
Tags: Fairies, fairy, Christmas, Christmas tree

Author

Christine
Christine

Hereford, Herefordshire, United Kingdom



About
Hi, I am a mother of two grown up daughters. I work as a gardener and have been writing for many years. I love to write poems and I belong to a poetry group, but also I write children's stories, esp.. more..

Writing