Jaclyn's Diary

Jaclyn's Diary

A Story by Celestia
"

Format is s**t, I know.

"

When Jaclyn learns that her friends are going to Regathia, she’s delighted to come. But how would she have any idea that she was going to meet Jack, the slightly dim-witted sweetheart who falls in love with her. And had she any idea that her precious Uncle would be dating Queen Luna, even though she said they would make the “perfect pair,” she would have run away. When a wedding crasher shows up, she has to pull herself together and rescue her friends, even if it means getting the dreaded lip fungus.







The wedding
Last day of July
New mortal, new mortal age: millions
Love shall fail
An impostor, taking the powers
Ice will unite
Dreams will fall
Wings will fly away
To the blood palace
Hidden deep in the woods
Good night, dreamers
One’s Prophecy #10
“Impostor”



























Book is rated PG-13 for some… interesting events and funny language. For a book written by a twelve year old, this is the closest thing you’ll ever get to a funky love story. For the sake of everything, let me provide you with things this book does not have in it:
Smoking, drinking, drug use, porn, monkeys. And things that it does:
Inappropriate humor, people frozen in tubs, parties gone wrong, and the worst mishap of all: the dreaded lip fungus!
Okay. Happy reading.



































Things that should be talked about and explained-

Jaclyn:
Main character (writer of diary). Element of Frost. Name behind the tales of Jack Frost. Kinda idiotic and hyper at times. Makes poor choices. Brave, but touchy. Dislikes physical contact. Has secrets.

Luna:
Queen. Daughter of One. Element of Night. In love with Theo. Over sensitive. Well meaning, but messes stuff up a lot. Caring.

Sola:
Sister of Luna. Princess. Element of Day. Happy go lucky, but can have fits of depression. Makes bad choices. Cannot be trusted to handle big things.

Theo:
Uncle to Jaclyn. Element of Nightmares. In love with Luna. Afraid of touching other people and hurting them. Will protect Jaclyn with his life. Obsessed with little kid movies.

Myth:
Spunky, chubby, happy girl. Element of Fire.

Electra:
Touchy-feely. Very kind. Element of Electricity.

Lexi:
Exiled. Threatened to hurt Luna. Element of Love.



Harmony:
Luna’s mentor. Can be boy or girl. Can change shape at will. Element of Peace.

Pris:
Slightly insane half-blind girl. Monitors the Palace using cameras and microphones. Element of Air.

All of these people are special. They live in a world called the Land Behind The Cloud, a world like ours, floating, hidden, in the sky above us. There is no modern technology there, and there never will be. It’s kept as if it was the 1400’s. There is a town called Shade. On a cliff looking down on it is a place called the Palace of Glass, due to it being made of crystal and glass. Residing there are the Immortals, pillars of magic in both worlds. Each has a given magic talent, called an Element. Some use their Element for good. Some use it for evil. And some are still learning how to control theirs. The first Immortal, a girl named One, discovered her talents when an unusual person named Harmony rescued her from a fire. She found others, brought them to the Cloud, and helped them survive, fighting Nightmares, who attacked continually. Trying to save her daughter, One escaped into the mortal world, opening a portal in a church’s chimney. She died, and the daughter was raised by her mortal father, with the help of a peculiar girl called H. On her tenth birthday, H showed her the portal to the Cloud, and she became the princess of the Cloud, Element of Night. Many years later, another girl showed up. She had been frozen in time, delivered to the same father from One, whose time had slowed down as she had the baby in an otherworldly realm. The girl was the Princess’s little sister, the Element of Day. Later in time, two people showed up, a girl, and a boy, her caretaker. The boy was the Element of Nightmares, the demons of Hell. They protected the kingdom. This story takes place eight million years after the pair arrived. See, Immortals age one physical year every million years that pass. When they reach the physical lookalike of thirty, they stay that way unless they decide to change it. Everything written here is from the diary of the young girl named Jaclyn, Element of Frost.
And that’s how her story begins.


































Diary,
I don’t know how to thank Harmony for getting me this diary. It’s unexpected. I don’t like writing. I can’t draw. What’s the purpose? But I guess Harmony had his reasons. It might be good for me to talk to someone.
Today, Luna taught Sola how to fly a kite. They were at the beach in the mortal world. I was there too. Uncle was at home, sleeping. He didn’t sleep last night because he was up doing something. He tells me it’s unimportant to me, but I think he just has a secret. I asked Luna what he was doing and she said he was in Myth’s room all night. Myth told me he was redesigning a fireplace, but I don’t believe her. He had paint all over him when I saw him this morning. What is he doing?

Diary,
Uncle was busy today again. He’s moved his operation into the east attic. He hung up a sign for us not to come in. I think he’s painting in there. In other things, Sola and I went to Shade and helped bake. They think it’s cool they have a princess helping them. I guess I might be a princess someday. If Luna and Uncle get married. I hope they do. They’re perfect for each other, and frankly, I can’t see it not happening.
When Sola and I were in Shade, one of the people asked me how I kept warm. I said that I have a normal body. He said I couldn’t because I don’t feel the cold. That’s normal by my standards.








Diary,
Today, Myth decided to bake breakfast for us. She made us muffins. The muffins were the most burnt muffins I’ve ever seen. She said they were “on the crispy side” and she was right. It tasted like ashes, and fell apart in your mouth. It was amusing to see her gagging on her own muffin.
Uncle update: I haven’t seen him since yesterday. He’s been blaring classical on his record player. And he took my music box. What the heck…?
I’m going to Regathia in two days on a business trip with Luna and Harmony. I hope Uncle comes.

Diary,
Uncle came out today! He was in the kitchen getting breakfast. This is the transcript of our conversation:
Uncle: Hello Jac!
Me: Uncle!
(we hug)
Uncle: How’ve you been?
Me: Good! What were you doing?
Uncle: That I can’t tell you yet.
(exit Uncle, stage left)
One more day until Regathia. We get to go by horse-drawn carriage!
Luna said Uncle was upstairs rummaging around in the scrap fabrics bin in her studio. What is he doing? And why won’t he tell me?

Diary,
Today we’re leaving for Regathia! (Uncle is not coming, sadly.) We’re gonna stay there for a week, and Luna says it’ll take about a day and a half to get there if we sleep on the road, two days if we don’t. Luckily, I’m bringing some cards and some paints.



Diary (part two!),
We’re in the carriage! We’ve been gone for an hour or so. Harmony’s sleeping, and Luna’s talking to the driver about flowers. I didn’t know she cared about flowers. I’m bored. We still have about thirty-six hours left to go, thirty-four until we get to the river. Apparently Regathia’s on the other side of it. I’ve never been there, and I’m so excited to see why they call it the “City of Birds.”
It’s so boring. Harmony wants to sleep his way through the trip, and Luna doesn’t want to play cards.
More tomorrow.

Diary,
We’re gonna be there in three hours! Harmony woke up this morning refreshed and actually played cards with me. He said fifteen-year-olds need some fun. Luna’s twenty. Apparently she doesn’t understand “fun” anymore… but then Uncle wouldn’t either, because he’s also twenty. He definitely knows what fun is.
How old is Harmony, anyway?

Diary (again),
We arrived! There are crates filled with birds everywhere, and the streets are littered with feathers. Luna led us to our house for the week: an apartment above a meat shop. Apparently the shop belongs to one of her friends in Shade’s sister or something. They’re providing meals for us, and when we got there, they gave us some beef jerky with spices. It was delicious.
I’m tired, and going to bed. More in the morning.




Diary,
Harmony woke me up early this morning. He said we have to get ready for a meeting with the mayor about trading arrangements with Shade. Our conversation was as follows:
Harmony: You have to get ready, Jaclyn. They need us.
Me: Can I just explore the city? Have a day to myself?
Harmony: Well, okay. I’ll ask the butcher’s son to take you around.
Me: Butcher’s son? A boy? No!
Harmony: Come on, he’s nice. I met him last night.
Me: What were you doing last night?
Harmony: You went to bed at seven. We had dinner. He’s a lovely kid. Really trustworthy. He’s fifteen, like you.
Me: No. I don’t want any boy business.
Harmony: Then you can’t sleep in, so get up and go, go go!
Me: Fine. I’ll meet him.
Harmony: Great. I’ll tell him to wake you up in an hour or so.
(I close my eyes and go back to sleep)
And then, an hour later, I was shaken awake by this boy. He’s got brown hair, green eyes, and tons of freckles. And the best part is, I don’t think he knows who we are. I know he knows we’re from Shade, but he was concerned when he poked me and it was cold. He thought I was dead.
So he got me up and I had to shove him out of the room to let me get dressed. He wanted to help me pick out clothes.
I didn’t bring any clothes on this trip, because I didn’t have space, so I just create my clothes as I go. I chose a simple white dress, with a cream ribbon in my hair and white leather shoes with little sapphires on them.
When I came out, the boy’s jaw dropped. Evidently he had no idea what I could do.
We walked outside, and he said we needed breakfast, and besides, we had to get to know each other. We found a little bread shop, and bought some bread and sat down outside on some bags of flour.
Our conversation:
Him: So, welcome to Regathia. What’s your name?
Me: I’m Jaclyn, but you can call me Jac.
Him: Huh. I’m Jack.
Me: Oh… uh, cool.
Him (Jack): Where are you from?
Me: Shade.
Jack: I know, but what type of house? Do you have any pets? Is Luna your mom?
Me: Uh, I live in the Palace. I have a kitten named Arnold. Luna’s not my mom.
Jack: There’s not a palace in Shade… only the Palace of Glass… but the Immortals live there.
Me: I know. That’s where I live.
Jack: So you’re a servant?
Me: Heck no! I’m Jaclyn.
Jack: You’re an Immortal? I thought Luna was mayor of Shade, not Queen Luna.
Me: Nah. You thought wrong.
Jack: So Harmony’s the Protector? Whoa. I never thought they would come to our house.
Me: They did.
Jack: What can you do?
Me: I don’t want to do anything in public. I’m already creating a stir with these clothes.
Jack: Oh, okay.
(we quiet down, conversation over)
So, eventually, we ended up at a bird shop.
Jack wanted to buy me a bird.
Me: Jack, no.
Jack: Come on. You can take it home, and be reminded of Regathia. When are you leaving, anyway?
Me: Six days.
Jack: Come on, please?
Me: What types are there?
Jack: Canaries are best. Or parakeets.
Me: I’ll buy a canary.
Jack: I’m buying it for you.
Me: No, you can’t. I don’t want you to waste your money on me. I can pay.
Jack: I insist.
He ended up buying me a canary. I’m naming it Jewel. What will Harmony think? This was a bad idea.
Jack then decided that we needed lunch, and we could go back to his house.
So we did.
And we ate sandwiches. Ham and cheese.
Jack: So, how do you like Regathia?
Me: It’s cool. I just miss my friends though.
Jack: Is it true you have magic items from another world?
Me: Yeah.
Jack: That’s so cool! I wish I could visit there.
Me: Uh, yeah.
Jack: Can I?
Me: You have to ask Luna. Normally we don’t have visitors.
Right about then, Harmony and Luna walked into the room.
Harmony: Hey Jac! How’s it going?
Me: Great! It’s amazing here. I got a bird.
Luna: A bird?
Me: It’s a canary.
Luna: Well, I suppose it’ll be all right if you clean its cage.
Jack: Queen Luna?
Luna: Don’t call me that. Luna is fine.
Jack: Um, can I visit the Palace of Glass sometime?
Luna: Uh…
Harmony: It would be fine with me, although it gets pretty boring for visitors sometimes. There’s not much to do.
Me: We spend most of our time someplace else.
Jack: Where?
Luna: You’d have to see for yourself. You’re invited to spend next week in Shade, living in the Palace. You can bring a friend. You’ll be driven home in my carriage.
Jack: Really?
Harmony: Yeah.
Jack: That’d be awesome!
Me: It’ll be great.
And then, Jack hugged me.
Luna: Get off of her!
Jack (detaching himself): Oh, sorry.
Luna: Please don’t touch her.
Me: Please. It’s just… wrong.
Jack: Why?
Luna: She’s fifteen, and that’s just not old enough for anything.
Harmony: Says you, you kissed Theo when you were fifteen.
Me: You did that!?
Luna (taking swing at Harmony): Dear lord, Harmony, is there such a thing as privacy around here?
And I’m too tired to finish this entry. More tomorrow.



Diary,
I think I almost died last night during dinner.
We were talking about odd habits.
Harmony: Jaclyn likes singing in the shower.
Jack: What’s a shower?
Me: Otherworldly tech, Jack.
Jack: Oh.
Luna: Harmony likes licking the walls. He says paint tastes good.
Harmony: I do not! That’s not true!
Me: It is too! I’ve seen you.
Harmony: Fine, I did it once. But then again, Jac, two years ago, went skinny dipping in our pool. The one outside. While we had the mayor of Shade and his family over.
Me (blushing): I was reckless then!
Luna: More like embarrassing!
Me: Come on!
Jack (coughing): It wouldn’t be that bad…
Me (screaming): Is that a pervert comment?
Jack: No! We’ve all done it!
Luna (snorting with laughter): I haven’t, you idiot! I’ve never jumped into water naked!
Harmony: She’s afraid of baths. Once a spider was floating in one, and she hasn’t been in one since.
Jack: What’s a bath?
Luna: Imagine a small tub filled with water. You wash in it.
Jack: Oh, we just use the pump.
Me: Outside!? What happens if it’s raining?
Jack: We do it anyway. Or we bring in water and heat it up.
Luna: This conversation has taken a turn for the worse. Can we just shut up and eat?
(silence for five minutes)
Jack: I’m done. Jac, wanna go on a walk with me?
Me: Uh, sure. I guess so.
Jack: Maybe you can show me what you can do.
Me: Okay.
(we get up and head for the door)
Harmony: Be back in half an hour, okay guys?
Luna: And no eating anything sweet!
Jack: I’ll keep her safe, I promise.
Two minutes later, we were out in the street, looking at the Moon and Stars.
Jack: It’s so gorgeous. I wish every night was this clear.
Me: At home, Misty can control our weather. It’s normally like this.
Jack: That’s amazing. You’re amazing, and I haven’t seen what you can do yet.
(ice starts spreading around our feet)
Me: Uh…
Jack: What?
Me: What… are you trying to accomplish here?
Jack: Nothing.
Me: It just seems really uncomfortable.
Jack: What happened to my feet!? They’re stuck to the ground!
Me: Uh… One second.
(I clear the ice)
Jack: What was that?
Me: Ice.
Jack: So that’s what you do. It’s awesome.
(I blush)
Jack: Can you show me more?
Me: Sure.
We got up, and I created a little gazebo out of ice crystals. Jack was amazed.
Him: Can we sit in it?
Me: Yeah. It might be a little cold though.
Him: I don’t mind.
We went inside and sat down. He grabbed my hand.
Me: What are you doing?
Him: You don’t get much of the outside world, huh?
Me: Not really.
Him: Well, uh…
And then he kissed me. Diary, he flipping kissed me! Right then! Inside my gazebo! Outside his house! At night! Oh my gosh! It was so romantic!
Him: Sorry.
Me: Uh…
(I blush)
Me: It’s okay.
Him: Will the Queen and Harmony mind?
Me: I don’t think so. I think I’m old enough.
Him: How old are you?
Me: Fifteen. Fifteen million, three hundred and four.
Him: Uh… So you really are Immortal.
Me: Yeah.
Him: I really should not have done that. You’re too old for me.
Me: No. I’m fifteen at heart. I’m just more intelligent. I know more things because I’ve been around longer.
Him: So it’s okay with you?
Me: It’s fine with me.
(we hug)
Jack: We should be getting back inside.
Me: Sure.
(I melt the gazebo)
We walked back inside and went up the stairs to the apartment. Harmony was looking at us.
Harmony: What did you guys do?
Me: We talked about weather.
Jack: And your Palace.
Harmony: Huh. Cool.
And then, we all departed and went to bed.
Which brings me to today.
Today was interesting. We went to a meeting about how the Immortals have to protect Regathia.
Actually, it was pretty boring, but oh well.
The meeting was Luna, Harmony, me, the mayor of Regathia, and a few council members. We all talked about what the Immortals can do about health and stuff around here. I didn’t see Jack at all today, but that’s all right cause we still have five days left here, and seven more days back home.

Diary,
I got a letter from home today. More specifically, from Uncle!

Dear Jaclyn,
I’m sorry I didn’t talk to you much over the past week or so. I’m busy with things. But I just wanted to write so that you remember that I still care about you. Sola and Myth miss you and hope you’ll be home on time. Electra’s putting in a television in the Hall. Maybe if you ask her, she’ll put one in your room. We went to the Mortal world and bought you a welcome-home present. I hope you’ll like it. It’s very unique. I hope you have a good time in Regathia.
Love, Uncle Theo, Sola, and Myth

I showed it to Luna, who apparently got her own letter from her sister.
She showed it to me.


Hi Luna!
I miss you, big sis. It’s pretty boring around here, but oh well, at least I have Myth. Theo’s being boring again and working in the attic, painting. I saw it, and it’s pretty cool. We went to the Mortal world and got Jac something. I carved a horse out of wood. It looks like a snake with legs.
From Sola

And, well, Harmony got a few letters.


Hey Harmony.
Greetings from your lovely home. I wish I could have come. I bet it’s great there. The last time I was in Regathia, Sola wasn’t even here yet. I hope you’re having a good time there.
Electra

Dear Harmony,
Hello from Shade. We need to discuss a few things when you return: The trade of livestock, and trade of cheese. We are having a shortage of cheese. Please get Regathia to send some over as soon as possible.
Thank you,
Eleanor, Mayor of Shade

I miss you, Harmony!
Come back soon!
-Pris

I’m glad they sent us letters. I miss them.
Today was uneventful and boring. All we did was hang around the apartment and play cards.
And then Jack came out of his room.
Jack: Hello Jaclyn. You’re back.
Me (blushing): Yeah.
Jack: What are you doing?
Harmony: We’re playing cards. And she’s beating me.
Jack: Can I play?
Me: When we restart.
We played for about an hour more until Harmony finally lost. (My victory!)
Jack: Can we play now?
Harmony: I give up. I’m not playing anymore.
Me: I’ll play you.
Jack: Good.
And so we played a game of cards. Jack won.
Me: Do you want to take a walk?
Jack: Sure…
We went into the farmlands behind the main city.
Him: I’ve been thinking.
Me: Yes?
Him: I’m really sorry that I kissed you. Queen Luna would be mad.
Me: She’ll be fine with it. She’s done things too, you know. She only appears to be twenty.
Him: So I’ll not be in trouble?
Me: I highly doubt it.
Him: I’ll never do it again, I promise.
Me: You don’t have to promise that. I’m, uh, fine with it.
Him: You wouldn’t mind?
Me: No.
Dear lord, this is embarrassing to write down.
So yeah, then he kissed me again.
It was very… uh… interesting.
Him: Do you like that?
Me (embarrassed): Yes… no… maybe?
Him: Jaclyn, you’re amazing.
(more kiss)
I was dying inside.
Dear lord, help me.
More tomorrow.

Diary,
I don’t know what to say. I’ll keep it short.
Harmony and Luna had to go meet with the mayor about the cheese trade.
I stayed at home.
At about one in the afternoon, Jack walked into my room.
Him: Hi Princess.
Me: Don’t call me that.
Him: Sorry.
Me: It’s okay. I’m not a princess, though.
Him: Jaclyn, I’ve been thinking.
Me: What.
Him: Does your family need an apprentice?
Me: I don’t know.
Him: I was wondering if I could live in Shade. My father thinks it would be all right.
Me: That’d be cool. Someone probably needs an apprentice.
Him: I can build things. And raise animals.
Me: I like it.
And then, he sat down on my desk. And picked up my diary.
Me: Please don’t touch that.
Him: Okay.
He put the diary down. And picked up some paper and a pen I bought in the Mortal World.
He wrote something.
And passed it to me.
The paper eventually looked like this:

Hello Jaclyn.
Hi, Jack.
You’re so sweet.
Thank you?
Can I ask you something?
What?
I’ve really gotten to know you, and I like you. So consider my offer.
Yeah?
Can you be my special someone?
Jack, I don’t know how to say this, but I don’t want to be affiliated with anyone. When you’re like me, everyone pays attention. I’m sorry, but it has to be kept a secret if it happens.
That’s fine with me.
Really? You’d do that?
Yes.

And then he kissed me.
Right as Luna walked into my room with Harmony.
I’m dying.
Later I’ll write more.

Diary (again),
I’m back.
Luckily, nothing bad happened. Well, nothing really bad.
Luna did give me a lecture though.
She said something about lip fungus.
So no, I’m not in trouble for kissing Jack. It’s just really humiliating.
And then Harmony had something to say.

Harmony: Why did you do that? You barely know him!
Me: Well, uh, I like him.
Harmony: You don’t kiss someone on the third day after you meet.
Me: It happened the first day too.
Harmony: Wow. Just wow. Think about it. I’m a billion years old and I’ve never kissed anybody in a romantic way. Ever.
Me: Uh…
Harmony: Yeah.
(conversation is FIN)
Harmony sighed and told me we’re going to Mortal Earth tomorrow to pick up cheese at a grocery store.
Four days down, three more to go.

Diary,
Day five has arrived.
Luna woke me up by pouring water on my head, which froze my hair.
Luna: Get up. We have to go.
Harmony: Jack’s coming.
Me: Urrrrrgh.
Finally, they were able to pry me out of bed and down the stairs, where they had set up the Portal.
I went through first, Luna and Harmony pulling a reluctant Jack through with them.
Jack: Where are you taking me?
Luna: The Mortal World! Come on!
Jack: Where’s that? Is it safe?
Luna: It’s through this portal. And yes, it’s safe.
(They finally got Jack though, and changed his clothes to a hoodie and jeans.)
Jack: What did you do to my clothes? Where are we?
Harmony: These new clothes will help you blend in. We’re in back of a grocery store.
Jack: What’s a grocery store?
Harmony: A place where you can buy food.
Jack: Oh. I’m hungry.
Luna: That’s why we’re here… So we can get food.
Me (yawning): I want a bagel. With cream cheese.
Jack: What’s that?
Harmony: A round bread. And sweet cheese.
Jack: Can I try one?
Luna: You should probably have cereal. I don’t know if you’d like cream cheese.
Jack: What’s a cereal?
Me: It’s a crunchy thing you put in milk.
Jack: But milk’s so rare!
We walked into the store and showed Jack the milk shelves.
Jack: How is it cold? How do they do that?
Me: Dear lord, Jack, it’s a refrigerator.
Jack: What’s that?
Me: It keeps things cold.
Jack: Oh.
Me: Yeah. So let’s buy a carton, and a pack of bagels. And some granola bars, and maybe a case of pop?
Luna: Don’t forget the cheese. Swiss and cheddar, maybe some string cheese stick things.
(We loaded up our cart and proceeded to the check-out stations.)
Cashier: That’s a lot of cheese.
Luna (taking out cash): We need a lot.
Cashier: Honey, that’s two hundred eighty nine cheeses. You can’t be possibly paying for that! That’s five hundred dollars worth of cheese?
Luna (laying six hundred dollars on the check-out stand): Don’t honey me, honey. I’m flipping royalty.
Me and Jack (laughing): Pfffffffft!
Harmony (smacking us): Shut up!
Cashier: Uh…
Luna (taking bags): Keep the change.
We walked out and sat down at a picnic table outside.
Me: Luna, that rocked!
Luna: Heh, don’t mention it.
She poured some milk into a bowl of Cheerios and slid it to Jack, along with a spoon.
I cut my bagel in half and spread cream cheese on it.
Me: Jack, eat up!
Jack: You dip the spoon in the crunchy things floating in the milk?
Harmony dunked it in and forced it into his mouth.
Jack: Urghk!
Harmony: That’s how it’s done!
Jack: Uh, it’s good.
Harmony (flipping open a bottle of Coke): Yeah.
Jack continued eating his Cheerios.
I ate my bagel.
Harmony drank her Coke.
And Luna had a string cheese.
Luna (chewing): We could go to a movie. We have about six hours.
Me: Oh, that would be fun! What movies?
Harmony: Lord of the Rings? Hobbit?
Me: Yes.
(We love those books.)
Jack: What’s a movie?
Luna: Heh, you’ll see.
We called a taxi and went to the theater. Jack got carsick out the window.
Jack: I thought this would be fun!
Me: Cars are fun!
Jack: To you, maybe! But not for me!
(We finally got to the theater.)
At the ticket window:
Ticket person: How many tickets?
Luna: Four.
Ticket person: That’ll be forty three seventy five.
Luna (taking out a fifty dollar bill): Keep the change.
We got in, finally, after getting the 3D glasses and popcorn. We got some sweet seats in the middle.
Jack: What happens?
Luna: Put on your glasses and be quiet. Tell Jac if you need to use the bathroom.
And the movie began after that.
Jack loved it, I think.
And then, an hour into it, he tapped me on the shoulder.
Jack: I need to go.
Me: I’ll take you.
(Dagger stare at Luna for doing this)
So we got up and went to the lobby.
I strolled into the bathroom.
Jack followed me.
Me: Dear GOD Jack! Get OUT of here!
Jack: This is the bathroom? The toilets look odd.
Me: NO! This is the LADIES ROOM!
Jack: I don’t see why I need to leave. I have to use the flipping bathroom!
Me: YOU DON’T GET IT, DO YOU!?
Jack (unzipping his pants): No?
Me: JACK NO
Jack (using the sink): What?
Me: NO NO NO
(I ran out of there.)
Two seconds later, there was a screech from inside.
Apparently a woman had come out of a stall.
Jack came running out. We hurried back to the theater.
Luna: What took you so long?
Me: Jack does not know the girls from the boys.
Luna: Dear lord. Let me guess, you used the sink.
Jack (shrugging) I dunno what it was.
Me: Yes. He did.
After that, we got back to the movie.
I couldn’t stop thinking about how seriously idiotic Jack was. If something goes wrong at home with him there, we could be in deep trouble.
I have to teach him manners.
We got out of the mortal world after the movie ended.
I ended up in my room playing on my iPad.
And then Jack barged in.
Jack: Hel- OH MY GOD I’M SO SORRY-- WAIT WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!
Me: WHAT THE FLIPPING-- GET OUT!!!!
Jack slammed the door, and left me alone with my tub of hot water and bath salts.
I chucked the iPad onto my bed and got out, wrapped myself in a sheet, and went to find Jack.
I found him burying his face in the pillow in his room.
I sat down on his bed.
Me: Hey. I’m sorry. I do look like a demon.
Him: Jac, is somebody hurting you? And are you mad at me?
Me: No… it’s okay. I’ve learned to be okay with it. The scars are from times long ago. My skin never healed, so the gashes are pretty bloody. I keep them under bandages. They still bleed.
Him: Who did that?
Me: An angry mob.
Him: Why are they frozen?
Me: The ice and blue tint on my skin is because my powers try to heal me. It never works.
Him: I’m so sorry. Does it hurt?
Me: I deal with pain with every touch. It’s okay. I learned long ago how to cope.
He sat up and studied my face.
Me: What.
Him: You hide so much behind your expression.
Me (laughing slightly): You have no idea.
He hugged me.
I recoiled, because I was wearing a sheet and it was getting him wet. And plus, I didn’t really feel comfortable right then.
And my gashes were acting up.
Him: Look, I’m sorry walking in on you. I should have knocked.
Me: It’s fine.
Him: I don’t get it. Your friends tell you not to have a relationship with anyone, but you don’t mind when somebody sees you in the bath?
Me: I was a lab rat, Jack. I never wore clothes for a long time.
Him: Wait, what?
Me: My uncle’s lab was torched. He was taken. I tried to get away, but the mob got me and ripped me to shreds. When we found each other and got away, I had such bad wounds that took years to heal. I couldn’t wear clothes. I was in pain constantly. I was only five.
Him: What happened?
Me: People didn’t approve of my uncle. He was a bit reckless. He accidentally killed an experiment, and the next day, the lab went up in flames.
Him: No, with your wounds.
Me: You just saw them.
Him: What did they do to you?
Me: Things. They attacked me with saws, saying that I was his “accomplice” and I should be stopped.
Jack winced.
Him: But you were five!
Me: He found me when I was two. By age four I was as smart as he was.
Him: It’s a five year age difference, right?
Me: Technically. He’s actually quite a bit older than me. He did something when he was 20 that unaged him. It stopped when he was three. He still knew everything, and just regrew. That’s when he found me, when he was seven. Actually, twenty-seven, but he goes by his second age.
Him: I’m sorry.
I leaned back on the bed, falling on my back.
Me: It’s fine.
Him: It’s not. It’s not right.
Me: You bet. At least my limp went away. I’m missing a toe on my right foot.
Him: Oh my god, I’m so sorry.
He hugged me. I pushed him away.
Me: Don’t touch me.
Him: Why?
Me: The sheet, obviously.
I gestured to the sheet, which used to be white, but now soaked with water and my own blood.
Me: You have my blood on your hand.
He wiped it on his bed.
Me: Gross. You’re going to have to sleep in that.
Him: Unless I change the sheets.
Me: Agreed. I should get back to my room. I need to put on something.
Him: Wait, you’re naked under that?
Me: PERVERT!
I fled to my room.
That’s where I am now. I haven’t changed.
Oh, someone’s knocking on the door. Later, diary.




Diary,
Can someone murder me, please.
Last night was a disaster.
I opened the door.
I thought it was Luna.
It was Harmony.
Harmony: WHOA GIRL!
Me (hastily pulling sheet tighter): Sorry.
Harmony: Put some clothes on, that’s nasty! You’re bleeding!
Me: I can tell. Get out.
Harmony: Why are you wearing that? Oh my god. No.
Me: What?
Harmony: What were you doing?
Me: Taking a bath? Why do you ask?
Harmony: You are not to talk to Jack while wearing anything but long sleeved shirts, long pants, and a gas mask.
Me: Huh? Oh. OH. Sorry.
Jack (from other room): It’s not okay with me!
Harmony: JACK! WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE CLOUD?
Jack: Oh, so you’re bugging me because Jaclyn decided to talk about my little intrusion?
Me: It’s NOT about that!
Harmony: Intrusion?
I shoved Harmony into my room, locked it, and stuffed my sheet in between the crack at the ground.
Harmony (very muffled): Let me out!
Me (quietly): Suck my a*s.
Jack, wondering why I would say that, burst out his room.
I screamed. Jack screamed.
I frantically attempted to stuff Jack into his room.
Blood got all over the floor, Jack, and the walls.
Jack tried to get up and unlock Harmony from his jail inside my room.
I tackled Jack.
Jack: Are you trying to be sexy or something?
I slapped Jack.
Me: No, Harmony is being a jerk.
Jack (small voice): why did you tackle me, jaclyn?
Me (hugging his head): You cannot unsee what you have seen. I must knock it out of your memory.
Jack: Wait, WHAT?
I readied my fists.
Jack grabbed me and flipped me onto my back.
I kicked him in the balls and sent him flying.
Then I ran out of that place, making myself simple white clothes: a shirt, pants, and a hat.
I jumped down the front steps and ran out into the street, running into a young girl, who I knocked down.
Her: Who are you? Why are you running?
(I helped her up)
Me: Hey. I’m Jaclyn. This isn’t a good time for me to talk.
I dashed off down the street.
She followed me.
Her: What happened?
(I stopped and pulled her into an alley)
Me: Swear not to tell anyone?
Her: I swear by the Queen Luna.
(I snorted)
Her: I’m being serious.
Me: Well, I don’t think Luna wants to be swore on. After all, she’s the one after me. Probably.
Her: You’re a fugitive!
Me: No! No, I’m not. I just had an incident involving a sheet and a bathtub and a couple of dumb boys.
Her: Wait, let me guess! Some boys walked in on you taking a bath?
Me: Almost. Actually, my boyfriend walked in on me. He saw my scar- nevermind, he saw me, you know. And then I got out and wrapped myself in a sheet, and tracked him down. And then we had a talk, and I went back in my room. Then my friend came in and freaked out, so I locked him in my room and stuffed my sheet under the door to muffle his screams. And then my boyfriend came out of his room and I tackled him and I think he wants to kill me and he’s probably talking to Luna and Harmony right now about which weapon he should use.
Her: He’s not talking to them, silly. They live far away, and plus, they wouldn’t talk to a peasant. None of the Immortals would. They’re dumb.
Me: You should be careful who you say that to, kid.
Her: Well, an Immortal’ll never hear it.
Me: Um, sorry, one just did.
(I wave at her)
Me: Helloooo.
Her: You’re not an Immortal.
I pulled my hat off and exposed my white hair. I blinked and shrugged.
Her: Oh my god. You’re Jaclyn.
(At this moment, we are interrupted by Harmony running into the alley and pinning me against the wall)
Harmony: Jac!
Me: Hello, Har-har babycheeks!
Harmony (screeching): DO NOT CALL ME THAT!
Girl: Who’re you?
Harmony (turning to face the girl): I’m Harmony, and this girl is in deep horse crap.
Girl (curtsying): Your Honor.
Harmony: Stop, please. Now Jac, you seriously owe Jack an apology…
Me: Screw Jack. That kid can’t handle anything more serious than a dead kitten.
Girl: Can I have your autograph?
Harmony: Just come to the house with us. We have a matter to resolve.
Five minutes later, me, Luna, Harmony, Jack, and the girl are sitting at Jack’s table.
Harmony: Do not tackle anyone ever again.
Luna: Especially if you’re only wearing skin.
Jack (totally embarrassed): I’m not a pervert!
Me: He probably is!
Girl: You don’t look like one…
Jack: Because I’m not one.
Me: Thank you. Your case can rest.
Luna: To set things straight, we will ask you to perform one task.
Harmony: We’re gonna get all Jack’s and this girl’s friends to come over tomorrow and have a very interesting… spin the bottle party?
Me: NO
Jack: EW
Girl: I’m ten?
Me: The only way I’m playing is if Harmony and Luna play.
Harmony: How dare you!
Luna: Count the girl out. We’ll do this at home, in Shade. With villagers.
Harmony: So you can snog Theo, probably.
Luna: We’re not in love!
Girl: You like the Prince of Evil?
Luna: Who calls him that? You? That’s rude!
Girl (sighing): Well, he’s bad. Now can I have your autographs?
We spent the next two minutes signing a piece of paper. The girl left.
I went to bed.
I woke up this morning with Jack sitting in the bathtub in my room.
Me: Jack, what are you doing?
Jack: Taking a bath. Don’t look at me.
Me: You’re in my room.
Jack: I know that.
Me: Yes, but you’re a guy.
Jack: I’m aware of that.
Me: And I’m a girl.
Jack: I hope so.
Me: And you’re probably not wearing anything.
Jack: It’s what we’re all born in.
Me: Yes, but it’s also how the babies are made.
Jack: Yes, but we’re teenagers. We don’t make babies.
Me: I’m not.
Jack: I know. You are physically, though.
Me: Get out and get dressed.
Jack: If I get out, I’m going to twerk.
Me: How do you know about twerking?
Jack: I was watching YouTube on your iPad.
Me: You’re disgusting.
Jack: You’re lovable.
Me: Screw you!!!!
And then I went over and froze his bathwater.
Jack: IT IS COLD
Me: I’m going to get dressed.
I draped a shirt over his head and proceeded to change.
I finally picked out a crimson hoodie and white leggings.
I removed the shirt.
I dragged him downstairs.
Luna was sitting at the table.
Luna: Ew, is he naked?
Me: Yep.
Luna: What did he do?
Me: He took a bath in my room. So I froze him.
Jack: And it hurts.
Me: I will flipping stab you if you complain.
Jack: Well, fine. I’ll shut up.
Luna: Good luck?
I dragged him and the frozen tub outside and left him there.
Me: You can come back inside when it melts.
I left.
I’m back in my room.
That’s all. It’s not even noon yet. I’ll write more later.



Diary (for the second time),
Actually, Jack is not so bad. He’s pretty brave. He sat for three hours in a frozen tub until it melted and he walked inside. Right up to my room.
I was wearing headphones and listening to music.
Jack: AHEM.
Me: What.
(I take my headphones off and put my iPod down. And then I look at him.)
Me: WHAT THE HELL! NO! YOU CANNOT!
Jack: And I am offending you by doing what? Living?
Me (throwing him clothes): Put these on.
He put them on.
Him: So why are we doing this? Warring with each other?
Me: It’s too (gag) sexual for comfort.
Him: Why are you so afraid of naked people?
Me: …bad things…
Him: I… um, well, I’m sorry.
Me: Yeah. Well, that stuff happened a long time ago.
Him: What stuff?
Me: Bad stuff.
Him: Oh no. He didn’t.
Me: What?
Him: Your precious uncle was a sex offender?
Me: NO HOW DARE YOU!
I slapped him.
Him: Then what happened?
Me: I hate farmers, and angry mobs. I hate the things they would do to a five year old girl.
Him: Oh, dear lord.
Me: That’s the reason I dislike anything sexual.
(We hug)
Him: I’m so sorry.
Me: It’s okay. Uncle gave me a memory potion to make me forget it. It didn’t work that well, though. I still have nightmares.
And that there is when he kissed me again.
I blinked and pulled him off of me.
Me: No.
Him: Why?
Me: I don’t want anything romantic to happen in this moment. I kinda feel bad about the incident. I don’t want to feel worse.
I hugged him.
He’s asleep on my bed.
I’m writing in my diary.
Tomorrow we go back to Shade. Regathia was fun.
See you later, diary.





Diary,
I do not approve of riding in a chariot with Jack. He got sick all over Harmony.
I also don’t approve of last night. At all.
In short, Harmony stuck a meatball into Jack’s nose.
Jack threw a loaf of bread at his head.
All out war.
Luna finally got us all into bed.
And now we are on the road.
I’m going to sleep! Everybody’s being a jerk.

Diary,
We’re home.
YAY.
We had an uneventful ride home. I slept through it. I’m glad I’m back. Everybody was waiting for us at the palace gates. Sola and Myth helped us out of the chariot.
Sola: I’m so glad you’re back, Luna!
Luna: It’s nice to see you again.
Myth: Who’s this?
Jack: I’m Jack.
(Myth looks at me)
Myth: Jaclyn. Is this your boyfriend? You guys have the same name, almost.
Me: Leave the subject alone.
Myth: Okay then. Name a baby after me.
Me: MYYYYYYYYYYYYYTH!
Luna: Let’s be civil, okay?
Harmony: Civil is not the word to describe Jac.
Sola (looking at me): Jaclyn, are you sure that was a bright choice?
Me (blushing): WHAT CHOICE?
Sola: To bring him back.
Me: He’s gonna like it here.
Jack: I already do. It’s so big.
Then Uncle came running up with Electra!!!!!
Uncle: PEACHES!
Me: UNCLE!
Jack: Who is this?
Uncle: I’m Theo.
Jack (glancing at me): Are you as dangerous as they say in the books?
Uncle: I’m not dangerous, I just have problems.
Luna: Big problems, honey.
Me: Did you just call him HONEY?
Uncle: I think she did. Come on, let’s get you into the Hall. I have a gift for you.
Luna: Uncivilized freak. Theo, you can’t lie forever. JUST KNOW THAT!
(We walked away)
Uncle: How was it?
Jack: Romantic! Sorry, never mind.
Me: Not bad. Not really fun. I barely knew anyone and I missed you.
Uncle: Romantic?
Me: I swear, Uncle, it was not.
Jack (mumbling): She froze me in a bathtub and left me to melt on the street.
Uncle: She did what? Jac, that’s… that’s…
Me: Dumb? Yeah, well, he decided to take a bath in my room.
Uncle: Actually, that’s cool. I would have done that too.
Me: TAKE A BATH IN MY ROOM?
Uncle: No, freeze someone in a bathtub. But I’m stuck with the horrifying powers of hell.
Me (hugging him): It’s okay. You just gotta control it.
Uncle (huffing): I don’t know how!
Jack: The books say your Element is Death.
Uncle: No! I’m… Nightmares. I don’t think there is a Element of Death. At least I hope not. Jack, just don’t touch me. Jac and Luna can get away with it when I’m happy, but I can put people into a coma. It’s accidental, but I don’t want to take any risks.
Jack: Okay. I won’t.
(I kiss Uncle on his cheek)
Me: I love ya, buddy.
Uncle (depressed voice): Don’t call me that.
We got inside the Palace, and went to the Hall. There was something covered by a sheet, and about twenty people were milling around.
Jack (poking me): Look, it’s a sheet.
Me: I WILL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF, KID!
Uncle: What’s so bad about sheets, anyways?
Me: Special bath salts. You know, only clothing I could find.
Uncle: Oh, I get it. Jack, don’t touch her when she doesn’t want to be touched.
Jack: All right. Why?
Uncle: She doesn’t allow physical contact normally. I’m betting you guys have touched each other, and I’m not gonna ask you. But respect her boundaries. And whatever you do, just no touching below the waist and above the knees. If anything happens, I’ll kill you.
Jack: You don’t like touching?
Me: Not normally, no.
Then, Jack kissed me. I looked up at Uncle. He patted my back and sat down in a chair.
After that, we sat down in chairs next to Uncle. They were arranged into three lines, like a theater.
Uncle: Don’t do that in front of me, please.
Me: Come on, we all know what you did to Luna. She’s in love with you.
Jack: They were scheduling a spin the bottle party today.
Just then, Myth went up onstage, and tapped the mic.
Myth: Okay, hello everybody. Big crowd. So first, we want this thing to be dedicated to Jaclyn. Jac, stand up.
I stood up.
Applause.
I sat down.
Myth: It was made by Theo. I think.
Uncle: Yep!
She pulled the sheet off.
It was a painting of a body lying face down in the snow, surrounded by blood.
Me: Oh my gosh! SO PRETTY!!!!!!!
Jack: You like that? That’s interesting.
Myth: Heh, violent.
She brought it to me. I took it and put it behind my chair.
Me: thanks, Uncle.
Uncle: Don’t mention it.
Jack: You painted that? That’s good!
Uncle: Uh, thanks, I normally don’t paint though. I prefer paper and charcoal.
Myth: Can I have your attention, guys? Okay. So now we have to present this pile of cheese to Shade.
A lady came up onstage, and pulled the wheelbarrow of cheese down.
Myth: Okay then. Apparently Luna wants us all to sit in a circle.
Everybody put the chairs away and sat in a circle.
I slapped myself.
Me: Spin the bottle!
Uncle: WHAT? Why would Luna do that?
Jack: So she can snog someone. Someone… special.
Uncle: She’s too dumb to have a special someone!
Luna (from behind us): I beg your pardon!?
She sat down next to Uncle, between me and him.
Luna: Okay everybody. Can somebody go into the middle and spin the arrow?
Harmony: WHAT!
Random people: This is nasty! No!
Finally Sola crept into the center and sat down at the arrow. She spun it. It landed on Harmony.
Harmony blushed.
Harmony: No?
Sola: You get to spin to see who you have to hug, I mean kiss.
Harmony: I do not touch people.
Sola: Well, I’m sorry, but I really don’t think that’s appropriate at this moment.
Harmony walked into the center and sat next to Sola. He grabbed the arrow and turned it to dust.
Sola smacked him.
He shifted into a dove and flew out the window.
Luna: Well, that just got ruined.
Uncle: Why did you do this?
Luna: Maybe I like someone, you dimwit!
Uncle (laughing): Your heart is too cold for love, kid.
Luna: I am not a kid! I’m older than you!
I stood up.
Me: ENOUGH! IF I DON’T GET EVERYONE TO SHUT UP AND CALM DOWN I’M GOING TO MAKE IT SNOW. IT’S AUGUST, SO DON’T MAKE ME RUIN IT. OBVIOUSLY LUNA HAS A CONFESSION TO MAKE, AND THEN SHE’S PROBABLY GOING TO TAKE SOMEONE UPSTAIRS AND IN THE MORNING THEY’LL HAVE DIED BECAUSE SHE’S SO FLIPPING UGLY.
Luna: What? I am not ugly! I’m not the prettiest thing!
Uncle blinked and stood up from his spot on the floor next to her.
Uncle (small voice): i think u r adorable luna
Luna: And I’m mortal, right.
She shot him a dagger stare, as if to say, Don’t say that out loud!
Jack started laughing.
Jack: I think he meant it! I think he likes you, Luna!
Luna: Theo?
Uncle looked at her.
Luna: Um, what do you mean?
Uncle ran out of the room.
Luna got up and chased him.
Someone started laughing, and we looked up and saw Harmony sitting in the open window.
Harmony: You guys have no idea what this means, do you?
He grabbed something out of his pocket and threw it at Myth. It bonked of her head and she caught it.
Myth: A baby rattle?
I snorted.
Harmony threw something at me.
I caught it. It was a doll wedding dress.
Jack leaned over my shoulder.
Jack: They’re having a secret make-out session!
Me: EWWWWWWWWWWWW!
Uncle stormed back into the room, grabbed me by the arm, and pulled me out.
He went into the bathroom and locked the door, sitting on the sink and breathing heavily.
Him: Is there something you want to tell me, Jac?
Me: Huh?
Him: Love potions ring a bell?
Me: No, I don’t do that.
Him: I think Luna went insane.
I laughed.
Me: She is insane.
Him: I’m never looking at her again. Ugh.
Me: What did she do?
Him (panicked): She hugged me.
Me: That’s not bad.
Him: It is if she fell over! She’s in a coma, I think.
Me: Oh dear.
Then there was a knock at the door.
I opened it.
It was Luna.
She slammed the door open, marched in, and shoved Uncle’s head into the toilet.
Luna: You fool!
Uncle: But you (blub) hugged (blub) me! You touched (blub) me! It’s not my (blub) fault! (blub)
He pulled himself up, over the toilet’s rim, and flipped over. Luna sat on him.
He shook off the water.
Uncle: You can’t touch me, and you know that. It’s dangerous. I could kill you. I don’t want to, but it has happened before. I don’t want it to happen again.
Luna: You’ve killed somebody?
Uncle: Yes. On the last trip to the mortal world, I tracked down a man. A man who hurt Jaclyn in the worst ways. I killed him.
Luna: That’s bad, Theo. You should not do that.
Uncle: Well, I’m sure you would too if he did that to your kid. Now get off me.
Me: You killed someone?
Uncle: I… well… because he hurt you, I had to. I’m sorry.
Me: Why? Who was he?
Uncle: You don’t want to know, Jac.
Me: Oh.
Luna: How could someone do something that deserves death? What happened to Jaclyn?
Uncle: He mangled her. Tore her to shreds.
Luna: Oh my god, I’m so sorry.
Uncle: And he tormented her and tortured her. She told me everything. I have it on tape. She was five.
Luna: You documented it?
Uncle: To someday go to court. But I never did. Instead, I sucked his soul out.
Luna: You can do that?
Uncle: Yeah.
Luna: How?
Uncle: I just will it to happen. I don’t know, it just happens, y’know?
Luna: We should kiss.
Me: WHOA THERE!
Luna leaned down on my precious Uncle.
Uncle: Get off of me! No!
I shot an ice spike at Luna. It impaled her to the wall.
Luna: Hey, ow!
Me: NO ROMANCE, BUDDY!
Luna: You were the one who kissed Jack!
Me: That was then!
Uncle: Can you take out the spike?
I melted it.
Me: Sorry.
Uncle pulled Luna to her feet and opened the door for her.
Uncle: We’re going to go outside. Go upstairs and go to bed.
Luna: Just so you know, Jack’s on a cot on your floor. He’ll be up when the party’s over.
So I went up to my room.
I’m here now, drinking grape juice and eating cheese sticks.
I’m tired, I’m going to bed now.
Good night.

Diary,
I woke up on the cot. Jack stole my bed. He is evil.
I put some honey on his face and clothes and went downstairs.
Sola and Myth were in the dining room eating pancakes.
Myth: Sola has something to give you, she bought it in the Mortal World.
Sola gave me some earrings and a ring.
Sola: They’re emerald.
I put them on. They look amazing.
Me: Hey, thanks!
Sola: I also carved you a horse but it fell apart so I burned it.
Myth: She stole my fire.
Sola: Is it true Theo and Luna kissed last night?
Myth: I don’t know. Jac?
Me: Uh, Luna tried to but I kinda froze her.
Sola: EEEEEEWWW!
Me: I know, right! They’re perfect for each other, but it just feels wrong to have your best friend fall in love.
Sola: I like Amnesia Boy…
Me: That dude who can’t remember anything? The armor maker?
Sola: Yep. Myth, who do you like?
Myth (blushing): I kinda like Theo…
Me: WHAT! You’re older than him!
Myth: Only by four million years.
Me: That won’t work, ever.
Myth: Stop trying to crush my dreams, lady. Who do you like?
Me: JACK!!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥
Myth: He has the same name as you. That’s kinda creepy, if you understand me…
Me: It’s not creepy at all! It’s true love, okay?
Sola: You’ve kissed, haven’t you.
Me: Yep.
Sola: That’s just nasty, Jaclyn.
Me: Is not!
Myth: You’ve kissed Amnesia Boy, Sola. I wouldn’t say that.
Sola: It was a freaking accident! Our heads just bumped together!
Myth: Yeah, of course.
(Enter Electra)
Electra: Hi, guys. What’cha doing?
Sola: Talking about crushes. Who do you like?
Electra: Uh… T-theo?
Me (groaning): Why is he so popular?
Electra: He’s cool in a creepy way. Girls like the mysterious dark type of guy.
Sola: Not me! I like the lighthearted free spirited dude.
Myth: I like Theo for his bravery. He’s done so much to protect the ones he loves from his powers. He should be given an award.
Electra: I can see it: for Theo, awarded for controlling his super-creepy hell powers.
Sola: Maybe not.
Uncle walked in.
Uncle: Hi, ladies. Can I join you?
Sola: THERE HE IS!
Me: SHUT UP!
Myth: Marry me, Theo?
Electra: No, marry ME!
Uncle: Uh, well, I kinda am in a relationship.
Electra: What?
Uncle: Yeah… Luna and I have plans to see a movie today.
Electra: That’s great for you, Theo. I’m going to ask my sweetheart out today.
Myth: Did she ask you? That’s so romantic!
Sola: You guys are probably going to see Fifty Shades, huh?
Uncle (facepalm): No! Ew, no!
Sola: Then what are you seeing?
Uncle: Frozen!
Sola: I memorized Anna’s lines.
Me: I know Sven’s.
Myth: Jac should just perform it for you guys.
I whacked her with a snowball.
Me: I do not act. I am happy with writing.
Uncle: Can I have some pancakes?
(We served him)
Electra: Hey Myth.
Myth (mouth full): Whaaat?
Electra: Wanna go see a movie?
Myth (raises fork): I must see Fifty Shades.
Electra: Are you serious?
Myth: Just kidding. I wanna see Frozen too, I guess.
Sola: It’s movie day.
Me: I can ask Jack if we could go with all of you. But  Jack doesn’t do well…
(I explained the bathroom incident)
Sola: Holy crap, that’s disgusting!
Myth: Did you see his butt?
Uncle: Myth, please.
Me: No, I closed my eyes. I’m not a pervert.
There was a scream from upstairs.
Jack came running down, clutching his face.
Jack: WHAT IS ON MY FACE!?!?!?
Me: Honey.
Myth snorted.
Jack: You can get that in that large of quantities?
Me: Anything is possible. The Mortals are pretty smart.
Jack (wiping off his face with his shirt): What are you guys doing down here?
Myth (whispering to me): He has nice abs…
Jack: WHAT?
Electra: She said, His hair is fab.
Jack: Oh, thanks.
Sola: We’re talking about crushes.
Jack: I like Jac.
Me: Thanks.
Uncle: It’s not nice for me.
Me: Well, be nice and we’ll be considerate of your feelings.
Myth: Heh, feelings. I don’t have ‘em, except in one case.
Sola: Spill!
Myth: No, but I think the person hates me.
Sola: Who is it? Is it a villager?
Electra: Who would fall in love with a Mortal? They’ll die!
Me: Excuse me!
Jack: Mortals are very nice, because I’M ONE!
Me: We can always age him slowly. Put some magic in him that will enable him to live like us, but die when he reaches around one hundred physical years. He wouldn’t be immune to disease and wounds, but he could live with me until his death. We could grow old together.
Uncle: If you guys really want that, I’ll ask Harmony. She’ll do that if you really think it wise. And remember, she can always undo it and send you back to the past so you can relive your life without funky aging.
Jack: You’d do that for me?
Me: Of course.
I hugged him, avoiding his face because sticky!
Sola: I’m leaving, this is gross.
She left.
Myth: That’s so sweet! If only I could say that. But she’s already like me, you know.
Electra coughed.
Electra: If I was Mortal, you’d still be my best friend.
Myth: Of course.
They smiled, and Myth stuck bacon in her mouth and chewed noisily, ruining the moment.
Jack: Myth, wait.
Myth (holding up finger): One sec.
Jack: Are you saying you don’t want to be in the friendzone anymore?
Myth: No.
Jack: Electra?
Electra: With one person, yeah.
Jack: Oh. So you guys aren’t dating.
Myth: No. We’re girls.
Jack: I can tell. Then who is the one person, Electra?
Electra (blushing madly): Theo.
Uncle: She’s lying. She’s never shown interest in me at all before now.
Electra: Am not!
Harmony walked in and stood behind Electra.
Harmony: I can tell if she’s lying.
Electra: I like Theo.
Harmony: She’s lying. She actually likes Myth.
Myth: And I like food.
She stabbed a pancake and shoved it in her mouth.
Myth: Food is my partner. I married it long ago.
Harmony: I can tell if she’s lying too.
Myth: It’s true.
Harmony: She speaks the truth. But she also has feelings for Theo.
Uncle: I feel very accepted.
Luna (from behind us): He’s mine.
Uncle: She’s mine.
They walked out of the room.
Harmony: I’ll leave you to talk about your little love triangle.
She left.
Myth stood up.
Myth: ELECTRA! YOU LIKE ME?
Electra: As a friend.
Me: She’s lying.
Jack: She’s blushing.
Myth: She asked me out.
Electra: Nope!
Electra left.
Myth hunched over her food, angrily stabbing her pancakes.
Myth: She likes me? That’s dumb. She knows I hate relationships.
Me: So you’re not angry at her?
Myth: Of course not! She’s my best friend. She’s awesome no matter what.
Jack: Girls are hopeless.
I smacked him.
Me: Idiot!
Myth: Girls are awesome, nicompoop! Honey, you lie!
Jack: Sorry. You guys just are too invested in romance.
Myth: Romance, smomance, my foot. I hate it. Lip fungus!
Me: So you believe in that?
Myth: Yeah, it happened to me.
Jack: Who’d ya kiss?
Myth: It was mouth to mouth. She kinda was dying.
Jack: Electra?
Myth: We were ten. Human years, that is. One said she would live, but I wasn’t taking any chances. Her eye had been shot out, and yeah, she was bleeding pretty badly. I’m so glad she lived.
There were footsteps behind us.
Me (turning around): Oh, hey Pris.
Pris (whispering): Just so you know, Theo and Luna are doing gross things outside in the garden. They’re making out, you know?
I snorted.
Me: I love your camera system, Pris.
Pris: Me too.
She left.
Jack snorted.
Jack: They like each other a lot.
Me: You can say that again.
Jack: Imagine if they got married.
Myth: Their kid would be pretty powerful. Considering she’s the Queen and all.
Me: EXCUSE ME? They are not having a kid on my watch!
Jack: Um, you can’t prevent that.
Me: I will sleep with them. In the same bed.
Jack: What happens if Luna wets the bed?
Myth: Or Theo has a case of sleep farts?
Me: I know that Uncle does not do stuff in his sleep. I lived with him for a long time.
Myth: He could have changed. What happens if he doesn’t notice you and gets dressed? That would be nasty.
Jack: Well, Theo is kinda cute. He would be easy on the eyes.
Myth: You haven’t seen him in a bathing suit. So many scars…
Jack: Still, he’s cute.
Me: You like Uncle? Like, like like?
Jack: No, I like you.
There was a murmuring noise from the hall. I shot down the door. Luna and Uncle were standing there, whispering. When Luna saw us she squeaked.
Luna: They know what happened last night!
Me: EXCUSE ME?
Luna: I’m so sorry I killed your canary, Jaclyn!
Jack: I paid for that, you know.
Luna: I’ll pay you back. Anyway, we have some news.
Myth: What?
Uncle: You guys have to come up to the Hall.
We abandoned our plates (Myth stole some bacon and stuffed it into her shirt) and followed them.
So we did. The others were gathered there, slumped in couches. Harmony waved to us.
We sat next to her.


© 2015 Celestia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on May 12, 2015
Last Updated on May 12, 2015

Author

Celestia
Celestia

Maple Valley, WA



About
Male pronouns please! :3 Thank you αωαя∂ѕ- ∂єѕ¢яιρтινє αи∂ ρσωє.. more..

Writing
Trixie Trixie

A Story by Celestia


Bulletproof Bulletproof

A Story by Celestia