Part of an OC's Backstory

Part of an OC's Backstory

A Story by Rebekah
"

This isn't exactly a full story, but it's the story of when she was abandoned. Hope you like :)

"

The girl’s dainty, color-blotted legs worked swiftly as she glided through the airport, her hand clenched tightly inside her mother’s enclosed fist. She struggled to keep up at the pace they were walking; her suitcase clunked behind her, and its bad wheel catching every couple of seconds didn’t help.

“Momma? Where are we going?” Her mother hadn’t looked at her since that morning. She said nothing as she had placed her daughter in the car, and still nothing for the entire ride to the airport. The young girl looked at the back of her mom’s blonde head, still bobbing up and down as she dragged her through the terminal, and waited for an answer.

Finally, she heard a quiet murmur escape from her delicate-pink lips. “It’s going to be okay.” She stopped suddenly, loosening her grip on her daughter’s petite hand. “Wait here.” Her mother didn’t even turn around. “Momma’s going to be right back.” She strode forward, letting her hand trail behind to cling to the girl’s until the distance drew it away.

She was alone, invisible in the sea of people crowding the terminal. Her mismatched eyes followed the shape of her mom until she was drowned by the crowd.

She sat on the suitcase, her thin legs aching. The sun rose to its peak. Still alone.

She buried her face in her arms as she grew tired. The sun began to fall. Still alone.

She let sleep wash over her, sitting up in a fetal position. The sun started to hide. Still alone.

Asleep. The moon peeking at her from behind a cloud.

Still alone.

A hand touched her back, an indistinct voice murmuring. A concerned face, a flashlight shining in her eyes.

She had never felt so alone.

© 2020 Rebekah


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on December 8, 2020
Last Updated on December 8, 2020
Tags: story, short story, short, oc, oc story, backstory, oc backstory, ocs, abandoned, abandon, abandonment, to be continued