Reality

Reality

A Poem by AaronFreitas
"

Just some stuff I wrote and decided to share since it's been forever!

"

I try to pick up the pieces of my shattered heart left crumbled on the ground but defeat starts to set into my mind. Emptiness is a feeling all too familiar as I lay here and contemplate what the rest of my life without love would feel like. Nearly two years have passed and women come and go... not one has chosen to stay and accept the love I have to give. On the other hand, maybe they see that this heart is empty and while I lay here believing in what I have to offer, the women of the past see that there's nothing left. No love, no compassion and no reason to love me. I lay alone without a tear in my eye, without an ache in my heart. Yet, I caress a crack in my soul as the pain and hurt from life without love is beyond affecting the body I reside in. It's much deeper than that now. It's taking a slow, torturing toll on my soul that will last eternity. An emptiness and loneliness that bruises the very thought of my own existence to a point of feeling completely gone from life as we know. Yet, I stop to think that it's still just me laying alone in this bed. At least I have me.

© 2016 AaronFreitas


Author's Note

AaronFreitas
Doesn't really fit a category but I have all these things I've written and haven't shared... decided to share this piece that I wrote in bed last night.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

An interesting write caught between an itch you cannot scratch, a hunger that won't go away and maybe just maybe,slow down and let love come to you, its all about being out there socially and something happens when you least expect it. apart from that i feel your pain. Hi Aaron hope all is well.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

andrew mitchell

7 Years Ago

are you mocking my reviews kwp.:)
KWP

7 Years Ago

no way ... I was just hoping for a full meal ... LOVE X
AaronFreitas

7 Years Ago

It definitely does have a way of creeping up on you when you least expect it! I blame it on the col.. read more



Reviews

How touching! Actually brought a tear to my eye. " At least I have me" great job

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much :)
Ah Aaron. Thanks for sharing this profound piece. Seemed to come right from your heart which means despite not fitting in a category, it was great. Stay inspired. =]


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

7 Years Ago

Thank you friend :) I've been distant but waiting for the itch to just write and share.
this is an extremely moving piece and so very relatable. it perfectly captures the feeling of being scared and lonely and just empty. its beautiful.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much :) I am glad you enjoyed it
Very well written piece. There are probably so many people out there in the worldwho feel like as described in your piece. Very touching sad and emotional but brillinatly executed.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much Mark!
Good to hear from you Aaron! I often write things like this as well when life seems troubling. It really does help to write these feelings down, in a way to helps you come to reality about how you feel. Remember, there is always the possibility that the right one just hasn't come along yet who can make you feel again. Never give up trying! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Heartbreak is the nasty thing that could make you dwindle between the thoughts of maybes. Liked the simple powerful piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago


"At least I have me."
Very relatable.
As for the genre, maybe you can put it under catharsis?

Posted 7 Years Ago


I loved this poem and I think that you found the right words to capture emotions.

thank you for sharing this :)!

Posted 7 Years Ago


We have to depend upon ourselves in the end....we have to make ourselves happy. We can not rely on anyone else to do this. I liked your rambling. Love finds us when we are not looking. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


Life is odd. Sometime opportunity for love and sometime love seem a impossible task.
"Yet, I stop to think that it's still just me laying alone in this bed. At least I have me."
I like the lines above. Sometime we must find things to make us happy and hope someone fall at our feet.Thank you Aaron for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1518 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 10, 2016
Last Updated on October 10, 2016

Author

AaronFreitas
AaronFreitas

CA



About
I love to write, most my work tends to be on the darker side. I write from my heart and tend not to mess with it too much. I guess sometimes I write and post without focusing on what everyone else w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Witches Witches

A Poem by Jes' Pi