ISOLATION

ISOLATION

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Co-written with the amazing JiDonnelly!

"

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

How could something so magic
a feeling so immense
dramatically turn tragic
awkward and intense?

 

How the seasons turned so cold

a heartbreaking scene

unraveling to fool’s gold

solitary and unforeseen…

You never will fully realize
how much you inspired me
practically perfect in my eyes
all I ever desired to be…

 

Moving ahead in silence now

how fragments are all I see

a haunting empty vow

adrift on a frozen sea…

© 2012 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
Please stop by Jidonnelly’s page here at the Cafe. What a wonderful poet! http://www.writerscafe.org/JiDonnelly

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful...it blended very well...brings to one the aweness of life. excellent poem...

Posted 11 Years Ago


A very nice collaboration here. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow! For a collaboration, this flows wonderfully! And a very real depiction of love suddenly and violently snatched away... I love the picture you provide for this too, showing Alice's escape and the dejected man left behind... well done, to both of you. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


There's such a sadness running through this poem, the two of you have managed to rein in what might be melodrama by retaining integrity instead of resorting to spite. This is a heartbreaking but very fine and powerful collaboration, mind reading mind and complimenting absolutely.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Awesome poem. A good portrait of loss and the struggle to move on.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ees
Lovely work in this poem.
It reminds me of a girl I knew in high school, she was a bit of a queen. She was a b***h, we were on a team together. I was a bit terrified of her, but for whatever reason she took a liking to me and took me under her wing, teaching me how to be such a b***h, to walk with regal stride and command attention at all times. Well my lessons were well learned, but the poor girl, it turned out was crazy and her life soon thereafter completely disintegrated....
and that is what your work reminded me of, so i'd say there is a strong level of relatebility in your words.

I also quite enjoyed the flow and movement. Great writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


very nice.....good description of a love that went bad...

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really enjoyed how the beginning stanza described what you were portraying through the poem as a whole. Not many poems begin with "what happened" right as you start reading, and i really enjoyed that as the introduction. (I hope what i said makes sense)
So heartbreaking, yet i feel that everyone can relate to this poem in so many ways.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Decent write; a fine collaboration...good loving gone bad, such a universal theme, but you two managed to sum it up in a less hackneyed way than most. Good on ya.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Awesome poem. I really enjoyed this. It has a hint of sadness in it to me. A very creative collaboration.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1461 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 8, 2012
Last Updated on November 8, 2012

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..