Countless Lives Within Her Pages

Countless Lives Within Her Pages

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Oh, how I love to read a delicious book…

"


I lay beside her… sensing a soft smile as I reach... my fingers caressing her soft spine… heart racing at the thought of uncovering her mysteries... opening and moving within her.. a story unfolding… she holds a honeyed treasure beyond worth… mine for the taking…

 

Her words bring raptured ecstasy as she speaks to me in luxuriant rhymes and verdant prose, chapter on chapter… hour by hour… my eyes roving and roaming… I play with her soft, cream sheets in my fingertips... fondling her form within…

 

Licking my lips as I read her… losing myself in her worlds... created for me… my mind releasing her enchanted story… My eager eyes yearn for her... gazing line by line…

 

Her back covered in soft silk… pleasure prefaced... our lips making introductions as I utter her words…she has a delicate autumn leaf I unfold, breathing in the fragile fragrance…

 

Living countless lives within her pages...  I explore her…interpret her life… devour her again... until every page is crinkled and creased with the oils from my hands... and the letters fade from her worn pages…

 

Stirring into the midnight hours… exhausted now… I finish my treasure...  sighing in sweet release... setting her on my nightstand beside the bed... rubbing the fore edge one more time... closing my eyes in sweetest thoughts of her uninhibited tales … walking with her into dreams...

© 2016 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
“Lord! When you sell a man a book you don't sell just twelve ounces of paper and ink and glue - you sell him a whole new life. Love and friendship and humour and ships at sea by night - there's all heaven and earth in a book, a real book...” ~ Christopher Morley

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Personified to the extremes. It's interesting how you were able to reach the edge before corny so it's still serious art. Most people lose the plot.
Standing ovation from my ten fingers which stopped fidgeting as I read this


Posted 7 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

7 Years Ago

So happy to have you by, dear poet! Your kindness and wonderful words lifted me. :)
I love this! You're seeing your lady's body as something precious and sacred - any woman would be excited to see their bodies in such a fashion.

Posted 7 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

7 Years Ago

There is a deep joy in Love's beautiful light. Thank you for seeing glimpses of it in my writing. :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
V
Enchanting and dreamy as always but with a heavy touch of sensuality. Always a pleasure to read your poems.

Posted 7 Years Ago


V

7 Years Ago

Or a good and sensual piece of poetry if I may suggest. ;) You're welcome.
An owl on the moon

7 Years Ago

Smiling... you may certainly suggest it. :)
V

7 Years Ago

I'm glad. :)
That's such a beautiful write.....the pleasure of reading a book.....you expressed it so very well and the flow was so smooth... amazing!!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

7 Years Ago

I deeply appreciate your kindness and your precious time, Patricia! :)
Patricia Stephmore

7 Years Ago

Your most welcome......all this time is worth your poetry..😊😊
You are a bibliophile, friend. A true one at that. I wish I felt like this because when I read something interesting yet in book length, I become sleepy. A personal flaw for me that I wish wasn't. Thank you for this wonderful bit of prose.

Posted 7 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

7 Years Ago

My friend, thank you for your uplifting words. And I do so hope you find your books coming alive for.. read more
I really love this Forman !!!
You are an excellent writer
This is a very unique piece of yours
I enjoyed reading it
Thanks for sharing

Posted 7 Years Ago


zunie frost

7 Years Ago

One more thing . I really love this last line as you said "walking with her into dreams"
Thi.. read more
An owl on the moon

7 Years Ago

I just want to thank you so much, zunie! I have wandered through much darkness lately. Thank you for.. read more
zunie frost

7 Years Ago

my pleasure my friend !!!
Your philosophy is keep moving ascend day-by-day. Rendering philosophical verses, thoughts & theories of love to this very mocking world. Every word comes with something that has readers unbound with many thoughts & making 'em all think once again over love - the love a man makes with woman and a woman serves to man. Sounds fascinating. Very soft. Clam. And peacefully lovable poetry you come up with. Enjoyed reading it, once again, as usual, as always i used to enjoy such tranquil words. Keep writing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for your rich insights and your wondrously uplifting words. May your week be fil.. read more
Love, Love, Love.
What else do you need, huh?

This is a great poem.
In my humble opinion, Loving someone is like... When a team wins at sports.
As long as it is winning, there are no problems. The Coach is great, the chemistry is wonderful, every decision made by the front office in the last two years is flawless.

Same thing can be said about love, and sex, pretty much. As long as you are attracted, and physically active, it usually 'Hides' or even 'Cure' all the other problems.

Once the affection and attraction is gone?
Suddenly she's boring.
Suddenly's he doesn't care.
Suddenly she never cooks.
Suddenly he doesn't dare.

You get my point.
Great, Great poem. I enjoyed it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

7 Years Ago

Thank you! So good to have your encouragement and insights! And believe me, I know too well what you.. read more
This is very enchanting, very enthralling. I was spellbound reading this amazing piece of writing. You did such an outstanding job, a woman a book. treasures both, I think.

Posted 7 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

7 Years Ago

Ah, yes, treasures both, and both with mysteries and wonders, page by page. Thank you so much, Miss .. read more
Miss Owl

7 Years Ago

You are very welcome.
I thought this was so beautiful...how you compare a woman to a book. Wow. I'm honestly left speechless with this one. Each line you can think of the book as a woman or the woman as a book. Each can be explored within the same way, spiritually and emotionally. Really stunning art you are able to create with your words, dear friend! Bravo, encore please :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

7 Years Ago

I appreciate your lifting words so much! Very glad you were able to come by my dark corner of the ca.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1664 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on May 4, 2016
Last Updated on May 11, 2016

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Is it love Is it love

A Poem by wordman