Lavender lullaby�

Lavender lullaby�

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

To a friend who has bled�

"

 

 

A smiling blade once kissed your skin

Bleeding ruby emotions from within

For pain inside could not be carried

One would bleed or soon be buried

Yet your life holds a silver sunrise

In the deep recesses of your eyes

And hope is fire and shades of light

In the darkest corners of your night

So I sing you now this living sigh

May you rest in this lavender lullaby...

© 2009 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love this poem! Great work. I enjoyed your addition of various colors throughout the poem. "Ruby emotions." "Silver sunrise" (I love that line!). "Hope is fire" (that's yellow/golden/orange/red). And you bring in "light" and "darkness" too! Black and white. Or shades of gray? Oooo. And, of course, the "lavender lullaby."

This is an excellent work! You use the universality of colors to convey feelings and such. Great work! I am impressed.

Posted 15 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"Lavender lullaby.".. Hushabye blues...
when night and day... there's always you...
So soothing and draws me in to a peaceful
sleep where Angels weep from the scent of
a Lavender lullaby. tenderly, Pat

Posted 3 Years Ago


Darkness and light in the words. When we know darkness, we can bleed. Powerful words made the reader fall deep in your words. Outstanding poetry shared my friend.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago


'Lavender lullaby'
An owl on eh moon,
Fetching lines for a tenderly caring poem. Bringing in the heart of the matter, the heart's blood that is. Oh so many find themselves taking a slice out of their feelings to express from within the release of hurt, of pain. You surly did it and it surly found something to understand in this expression so many of our young peopl especially try.
Bless you and your openness to the world around you.
Kathy

Posted 3 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

3 Years Ago

Happy to have had you by again. Thank you Kathy! Sorry my response was so very slow in coming.
Kathy Van Kurin

3 Years Ago

Owl on the Moon,
It is always nice to hear from you. Always nice to hear from someone kind! E.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rye
Auwwww, This is so beautiful and so wonderful, very poetic. Very lovely

Posted 4 Years Ago


There is stunning visuals in this piece that help create your message.

Posted 6 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

6 Years Ago

Thank you for taking me back to this point in my poetry, and for your uplifting words.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KL
Your colourful words bring justice to your friend. A bittersweet lullaby.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Perfect timing. I enjoyed the visual of the font, and the rhythm of the words. Lavendar is very soothing. I've used it many times for aroma therapeutic healing of the spirit. Emotions can run raw and it takes a friend to help us see the things that are so obvious to others on the outside looking in.

Well done, and your friend is very fortunate to have you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


What a lovelily colorful poem... the metaphors are so powerful and bring a great beauty to your words. You are a master at manipulating words like these. Your poems never deceive me.

Posted 15 Years Ago


speaking of sunrises... "holds a silver sunrise"
such a brilliant idea, just the concept of being able to grasp the sun
to control when it comes up to put the light out yourself.
There is a strength within us all that sometimes we just fail to realize.
Nice alliteration with the last words, it flows quite well.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1434 Views
46 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on May 16, 2008
Last Updated on May 16, 2009

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..