If Only I Had Feathered Wings

If Only I Had Feathered Wings

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

From An owl on the moon: A journal from the edge of darkness.

"

© 2022 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I must admit, I had dreams of flying as young as a little girl. To no longer be tethered by earthly bounds would truly be a most ethereal feeling. Simply beautiful, Craig!

Posted 9 Months Ago


An owl on the moon

9 Months Ago

Thanks for coming by, Kelly! And I'm glad you had those dreams too. There is something so freeing in.. read more
Would be nice to have Feathered Wing. We could escape at Will, my friend. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 9 Months Ago


An owl on the moon

9 Months Ago

Thank you, dear friend. So thankful you have stayed here through these years. So thankful for your a.. read more
That's a beautiful imagination. It must be a product of a poet like you.
"Beyond imagined dreams and unhindered by the heart " these lines holds so much. Even though some have wings, their legs are bonded with fetters.
Hope you'll fly, Breaking all these fetters, from your heart.
"Hey, be careful while flying and yes, while you'll fly, your happiness will be the reason of our smile."
Well your beautiful art just reminds me of an incident when my English teacher in school asked us, ones to complete the phrase "I wish I could..." and give an extampore speech on chosen option. And I just chose "I wish I could be a smile on your face..." and the time I started delivering it, everyone just started laughing along with the teacher,and some even started shying... and it becomes the most embarrassing moment for me when I get to know, everyone has to choose a decent topic 🙃 😅...
I wish I could have found your imagination that time.

Well, thanks for the beautiful piece of art imagination.

Posted 9 Months Ago


An owl on the moon

9 Months Ago

So grateful for your kind words, dear Soyam, and happy in your comments about flying... and in your .. read more
Dear Craig,

You have created a beautiful dream here for your reader. A pair of wings to touch and explore the sky, a body light and the weights of the world left behind. Who would ever want to return to earth and all its burdens again? The bird in the picture seems to be flying above the clouds, in some untouched place and perhaps has found heaven.

Freedom through a poet's eye is so wonderful to read...

Posted 1 Year Ago


An owl on the moon

10 Months Ago

THANK YOU PRECIOUS FRIEND. These words flowed through me when my wings had been cut off... but I'm l.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Be careful Craig, fly at your peril in France as all things with wings are seen as fair game! Many songbirds neither make the migratory flight away from the UK or the flight home:)
Enjoyed the visit.
Hope you are well

Posted 1 Year Ago


An owl on the moon

1 Year Ago

Ah, thank you so much, my friend! Alas, I can only wish for wings... but will say a prayer or two fo.. read more
Ability to fly is freedom.. you captured this extraordinary well in a few words.. brilliantly done..

Posted 1 Year Ago


An owl on the moon

1 Year Ago

Dear Sue! So happy to have you by. And thank you... always...
Ladysue

1 Year Ago

My pleasure, hope all is well..🙂
An owl on the moon

1 Year Ago

Life is a bit heavy these days... but perhaps my back is just strong enough to carry it... thank you.. read more
How well you express man's longing to be like the birds. It brings to mind "The Water Is wide, I can't cross o'er, Neither have I wings to fly..."

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An owl on the moon

1 Year Ago

Thank you so much, dear Sam. I am grateful to have you passing by here again. May we both find a few.. read more
dearest Owl… your words leave me breathless as feathered wings create an atmosphere where Peace abides among the clouds of uncertainty. The Spirit will Soar like a Rainbow 🌈 Rendezvous.

Posted 1 Year Ago


This is so beautiful written! Somehow it makes me feel peace when I read it, like I can vision myself flying! And to be unhindered by the weight of the earth would be awesome!

Posted 2 Years Ago


I agree with Ms. Palmer, Owl! great presentation of a marvelous poem .. you capture in so few words and lines the dream of flight ... love it! reading makes me ol' heart soar!
E.

Posted 2 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

2 Years Ago

Thank you my friend! May you keep soaring as winter melts into spring. :)
Einstein Noodle

2 Years Ago

yes .. Spring! ahhhhhh the daffodils have bloomed, tulip leaves and hyacinths are are poking through.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 24, 2022
Last Updated on January 24, 2022

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..