Yet Do They Dream

Yet Do They Dream

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

I have wondered if caterpillars know what is happening to them... and if the butterflies they become can remember crawling on the ground.

"

© 2023 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
I have wondered if caterpillars know what is happening to them... and if the butterflies they become can remember crawling on the ground. Can we possibly know what is transforming us in those darkest of days?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is one beautiful write, love the background. The writing was so small, but I read it with my glasses on, I dislike wearing glasses. Anyway, Love this write. just like life, it will flutter/fly on by. Amazing write. Like your pen name.

Posted 4 Months Ago


An owl on the moon

1 Month Ago

Sorry about the small print and so grateful to have you by!
i don't think they have a conscious mind other than eating at that stage Craig, like a foetus they probably know pain and hunger ... but then at the birthing the they emerge a fully develpoed foetus hungry then for much more in the light of day ...
just my humble opinion as i adore butterflies ( 3 tattoos)

Posted 4 Months Ago


Stella Armour

1 Month Ago

Craig, i do hope they don't remember crawling on the ground .... :)🦋
An owl on the moon

1 Month Ago

I hope the same, Stella! And hope our wings will help us forget things as well.
Stella Armour

1 Month Ago

they are so spiritual and deserve to be adored..
I see this as a gentleness as life comes to form, Butterflies to me remind me of grace in action, because of their beauty. I wonder if our lives compare at times like a butterfly, the way we bloom and grow. just a thought, enjoyed this write.

Posted 5 Months Ago


An owl on the moon

5 Months Ago

Thank you for your uplifting, insightful words. Somehow I feel we are like butterflies... changing.... read more
Kim S.

5 Months Ago

I could see that as well.
Unless privy to the true reality of every Fact about creatures big and small, for me it is kinder to think, believe, that each moment in life is a lesson to carry on, on and on to the finest moment. Is how one ponders, ponders a little more and finally, for my own moment, holds close. Says I, smiling.

Posted 9 Months Ago


An owl on the moon

9 Months Ago

Ah, my first inclination was... privy: a toilet located in a small shed... and then... I realized th.. read more
emmajoygreen

9 Months Ago

Of course it is but tell me, please, how long did it take you to add 'met a more ph osus' ?
Beautiful artwork and wonderful words and thoughts shared. Sometimes, maybe in dreams, we can win? Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 9 Months Ago


Caterpillars have such beautiful dreams and those dreams become a beautiful reality. They rise from the dust, their humble forms transformed. The journey from dirt to heavenly nectar is divine. I think a caterpillar knows and is aware and grateful for the realization of its chrysalis dream. Especially, since it has such little time to spread its beauty and light on earth. This wonderful metaphor drew me to our own journeys and transformations and how we should never forget our origins and all that it took to get us where we are. From humble beginnings rise great things. Insight, self-awareness, humility and gratitude are great virtues. This is such an unforgettable poem, dear Craig...

Posted 10 Months Ago


An owl on the moon

9 Months Ago

Your words are such poetic wisdom. So grateful! And true... may we always remember where we came fro.. read more
Very creative and exceptionally well worded exploration into the nature of nature. I would venture to say this type of question must have brushed against Lewis Carroll's mind at some point. Thanks for taking us along on this slice of wonderment. -carl

Posted 11 Months Ago


An owl on the moon

10 Months Ago

Ah, thank you, carl. Just a mention with Lewis Carroll made my day! Yes... so true. May you have a t.. read more
Hello Craig. Hope all is well with you. Your poem is absolutely beautiful and resonates deeply with me. I've been raising Monarch butterflies for two years now and have raptly watched the entire magical/mystical caterpillar to butterfly process. I've wondered all the things you wonder here. Science says that butterflies have memories of when they were caterpillars. Do we have the same memories deep within us for previous lives, previous transformations? You present enticing food for thought... Beautiful lyrical language, great metaphor, flow, imagery/photo, alliteration. Transcendent work my friend.


Posted 11 Months Ago


An owl on the moon

10 Months Ago

Hello Annette! Thank you for your kindness. And made me smile... the thought of you raising Monarchs.. read more
And now I am wondering it too now! 😊
Why have I never wondered that before?
More importantly, if they do, what do they think the next change will be and do the dream of being dragons?
An excellent point, beautifully written.

Posted 11 Months Ago


An owl on the moon

10 Months Ago

Thank you so much, Lorry! And I love that dream of dragons. Does make me wonder... what any of us se.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 17, 2023
Last Updated on May 17, 2023

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..