WHEN I DIE...

WHEN I DIE...

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

My life's prayer... (Because I have loved life, I shall have no sorrow to die - Amelia Burr)

"

 

 

When I die

I do not wish

To merely slumber into the grave

But to yield my last breath

Of my own will

When I die

I shall be found

Seeking Valhalla

Place of honor

The heavens

Having lived not fearing death

Nor fearing life

But clinging with fierceness

To all that is holy

all that is good

Life surrendered to the flames

To the orphans and the widows

To hope and peace

Not selfish glory

When I die

May I be on fire

burning bright

Like the sun

devouring the world

With my passion

And when I die,

I pray

I hope

I resolve

To die

Having been fully alive…

 

 

 

© 2009 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
The Greeks didn't write obituaries... They only asked one question after a man died: "Did he have passion?"

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Craig, from one brother to another. "When you die, you will be remembered as a man of love that loves the gifts of beauty that God has bestowed upon your heart that is seen through the eyes of a man named Craig. Your poems, your writings, and your book (An Owl On The Moon) i think its called...If not, I'm sorry, will be the legacy left behind from a soul that has walked, talked and graced these crossroads that we all walk together. Your words will be left behind as a tool for others to read. Today, tomorrow, and forever in the hearts of all that come to know you in person and the words you write.

Art

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was wonderful and kind of choked me up. I don't think I could say enough nice things about it, so guess I'll just leave it at that.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Seeking Valhalla, not sure what Valhalla means
But this is a most enjoyable read, I like this.
Wonderful write here!



Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow this was absolutely fantastic. A nicely well written piece. I love that. Basing your life in the end on whether a person was passionate or not. Absolutely a wonderful concept. This piece was a work of art. It was fantastic.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I am in love with the question that Greeks ask. It is inspirational as your poem is. I will write tonight. I enjoyed this piece. I like all of it. It was an honor to read. Standing "O".

Posted 14 Years Ago


I have to say I have never read anything more beautiful, meaningful in my life. This reached down into my soul and just layered it in love and wonder. Craig, as others said here, when you die you have left the world a wonderous gift with your words. I just sit back in awe that such a gifted man is one whom I call friend. Glory, Glory, Glory...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Ah so enlightening I like that as I wish to be able to say I lived despite life's danger.And laughed at the caroling winds

Posted 14 Years Ago


What a wonderful poem.
Beautiful!!
I think many of us would hope to hold on to the passion of our beliefs, every single day of our lives.


Posted 14 Years Ago


Dear C. Froman,

I wish to say that I found delightful joy in reading this piece. Nice work with the greek mythology of Valhalla. This poem made my mask smile.


Your Friend,

Fredrick Malkyor

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like the tone of this impassioned piece of poetic prose

Posted 14 Years Ago


Truly memorable write,i believe you will be remembered for the great passion you have for life and writing about the beauty you found in it.

Thank you for sharing

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3167 Views
56 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on March 28, 2009
Last Updated on August 9, 2009

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..