The Perseids in Your Eyes

The Perseids in Your Eyes

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

I see the shimmering Perseids in your eyes...

"

 

As I gaze into the deeping midnight skies

I see the shimmering Perseids in your eyes

Flashes bright and beautiful off the moon

Dancing on a starlit mask they’re strewn

I see you there among their flying forms

You glimmer bold in their silver storm

I call the winds to carry my midnight song

To the star-shifting shores where I belong

© 2010 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
The Perseids are so-called because the point they appear to come from, called the radiant, lies in the constellation Perseus. The stream of debris is called the Perseid cloud and stretches along the orbit of the Comet Swift-Tuttle. The Perseid meteor shower has been observed for about 2000 years.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A beautiful poem about a magical show of night miracles. Your words always gentle the spirit, always colour the imagination of your reader.

And yes, the Perseids are extraordinary flashes equal to the light in a loved ones eyes and more... I'm not sure she could compete, but, love has its own way of looking .. ' You glimmer bold in their silver storm '

Thank you for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very interesting title, which by the way thank you for explaining (I wouldn't have understood otherwise.) It's short but sweet. The rhyming pulls you into the poem itself. Very nice.

Posted 13 Years Ago


well romanticists always have this special relation that they share with the moon , the sky and the stars .. short yet sweet write . and thanks for the info on Perseids . keep writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


That is so beautiful. I do not know if by your speech flowers you make the object of your admiration "higher" than you, or just sublime.
In any case, you make the words dance into the poem right, it is obvious that you had a lot of practice :p.
Please drop by my last posted poem, I haven't written something in over a year , and i would much appreciate a review (:

A.M.

Posted 13 Years Ago


AWESOME musings on a spectacular occurrence once a year, lit up in the vision of the beloved, reflecting deeply on her image !
The adoration of BOTH is powerful and palpable.

Miraculous writing, Craig !

Posted 13 Years Ago


Such an intense, passionate and vivid journey of looking into the eyes of your beloved, Craig! "I call the winds to carry my midnight song/To the star-shifting shores where I belong'--lines that beckon the heart from the faraway shores of the Neverlands to gaze into the surreal beauty of the midnight stars, to bask in the glory of a starlit love, to 'glimmer bold in their silver storm' and to dance away in the silver storm of endless midnight miracles, amidst the tempest of time. A gorgeous write celebrating the passion, the wilderness of lovers and life!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
bbb
A dream of a write, based on something that is beyond breathtaking. The magic in a loved one's eyes, akin to the magic that is in seeing this part of the night sky...overwhelming! This also just brings back my memories of stargazing when I was young. (Some of my best memories are of time spent alone, watching the night sky.)
Anyway, gorgeous writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KL
This was short and all too sweet. I'm a sucker for brief poems beause myself, as a reader, tends to delve into each line as they make up for an entirely broader picture. This made me feel like I was looking up into that mysterious realm we call space... I'm sure this appealed to all Thinkers of the Universe, myself included. Really nice, Craig.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a beautiful piece. Very expressive, lovely and full of imagery. Great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was beautiful all the way through, leaving me with nothing more to say than that I wish I could see more of this world through your eyes.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3009 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 12, 2009
Last Updated on August 13, 2010

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..