LIKE ETERNAL SUMMER

LIKE ETERNAL SUMMER

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Wanting... waiting to see you...

"

 

Sailing

through the sky

on a flight,

long and restless.

Wanting…

waiting to see you.

Step… step… step

moving down

that long thin corridor.

Glance out

into the wall

of humanity.

Hearing laughter,

endless conversations,

clatter and noice.

Looking out across

the faces

until

I see

your eyes.

What enchantment!

Your lips curl up;

sweet smile,

like eternal summer.

I run to you,

pull you up

in my arms.

Your legs

wrap around me

and I breathe in

the scent of apples

and peppermint.

A soft, long,

lingering kiss.

A moment;

Oh a moment

I never wanted to end.

And in that crowded,

noisy airport,

there was only

you and me…

 

© 2010 An owl on the moon


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh I love this one. It is like an experience I had with a dear friend of mine who came to visit me for a week. Great images in this one. It really reminds me of the raw joy and this poem depicts the happiness I remember of an event like this not so long ago. Beautiful piece, just like every other work you do. Good job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Aww, this is adorable. Less metaphorical than your other pieces and more straightforward- loved it! In a different context, when I see my best friend at the airport when I go home we scream and hug forever. Anyways, real honest write, love it :]

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awwwww. This was so very sweet nothing like seeing the one yov love after a long trip/vacation/ living far away from them kind of thing. This was spledid, made me smile.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is so sweet. I love it when a writer takes an seemingly insignificant moment in time and puts meaning to it. It is the love for another that makes life worthwhile. Great poem!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow that was really precious... it really is those simple moments in time that mean the most, the ones you don't realize till later on remembering... your descriptions were so detailed I felt like I was there. Marvelous work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Sometimes in a crowd of people, there is that one person...that one moment to cherish forever.... I enjoyed this....The title, and the concept of eternity is harmoniously contrasted with a fleeting moment in time....

You know, I think if we just accepted that life is a series of 'moments' to cherish and enjoy, not meant to be perpetual.... many of us would be much happier... (just my thinking) Your work always, always arouses my thought process....

The image of her wrapping her legs around him is nice... romantic.... smile-inducing...

I remember a moment like this when my husband and I were dating. We had an argument earlier that day and there was a party that evening. (in high school).... I arrrived at the party and he walked through the crowded outdoors, our friends everywhere, yet all we saw was each other. He walked over and put his arms around me... Never will the intensity of that hug be forgotten, for it is imprinted in my brain... It is the memory that will linger although the time is over....

'And in that crowded,
noisy airport,
there was only
you and me...'

You know the setting as an airport is quite symbolic........ Marvelous.

Good luck in the contest, Craig.



Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh that is beautiful.. wonderful.. have tears in my eyes! Yes, I have. Craig, this is so wonderfully written, not merely the emotions but the words and phrases you've used:

' Looking out across ~ the faces ~ until ~ I see ~ your eyes.'

I feel like cheering!

Thank you very much for sharing yet another of your sweet romantic poems.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Aww. That was absolutely beautiful. A long awaited embrace, held in time. A memory in the moment.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Truly a moment in time; to be sure~ when it feels like heaven in a crowed airport!

that is blissfully romantic ~ very well expressed in a lovely cascade-of-words format!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

very nicely done... like the detail in this alot ....a very sweet and uplifting write.... liked this alot...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is beautiful.. Makes me want to have a long-distance boyfriend so I can experience this..LOL.. Seriously, as always with your pen, wonderful, loving images and words flow to papaer. We, the readers, are a fortunate group of people.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2359 Views
43 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on October 16, 2009
Last Updated on May 10, 2010

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..