In an Age Unspoken

In an Age Unspoken

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

A knight's tale... Thou shouldst whisper these words aloud, far from the maddening crowd…

"

 

In days of ancient grace disclosed

In an age unspoken, in the long ago

Lived a knight who fought ‘cross hell

To reach his fairest, Lady Ariel…

 

Sir Mercutio didst grow tall as a tree

Whilst journeying over snow and sea

Where golden dragons care to wander

In aimless worlds of flaming slumber…

 

And in the midnight of the darkish soul

He pondered the finest treasures untold

Though shadows swallowed jeweled gleams

He heard softest voice from shaded streams…

 

In this gleaming luster he couldst see her face

And perceive her voice in the ripples grace

Here in pools of liquid light’s soft sheen

Golden tresses displayed she who would be queen…

 

Now weighed he all the riches of the earth

And saw in this angel the greatest worth …

His heart awakened from deepest slumber

He journeyed east in terrors without number…

 

Fiercest days and coldest nights he trekked

Through marshlands, swamps to his neck

Done the raging storms of seas and sky

He now gazed into her glimmering eyes…

 

Gently then he didst take her in his arms

Whispered, holding her safe from harm

“As the rivers search to find the sea

I shalt ever always come for thee…”

 

Hearken to my words untold

When world is fierce and life is cold

True love’s the rarest jewel of all

Most precious gift on this celestial ball…

 

~ Fin ~

© 2010 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think you can safely rest assured that ‘When world is fierce and life is cold’ I shall look to your poem of true love and valor to call upon the hope of chivalry and fairytale, and in every reading I am sure I will always find a pleasure as great as the first. I loved this, the rhyming was perfect, a beautiful melody to it and I very much enjoyed the content of it (I am a sucker for all things history and especially the medieval period). I think you capture the English view of heroism in this wonderfully but for definite the main reason I enjoyed it was simply because it made me smile. No matter how many times we read such things they always seem new and fresh and somewhat enchanting. Thank you for posting this, I really love it. It’s nice to see other writers on this site looking to the past for their inspiration. Well done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J
very nice :] i enjoyed it

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very romantic and gallant... a priceless tale tole in a strong piece of poetry that shows the power of love and just what it can do even to the toughest man.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very beautiful. This makes me wonder when my knight in shinning armour will come and save me. I hope its within a reasonable timing and just as manly and wonderful has the man you described here. I will save this to my collection. Thank you for sharing it with me.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a great little story about true love and its pursuit. I like the fact that you are not afraid to go with less than perfrect rhymes: wander-slumber, trekked-neck, sky-eyes) - shows maturity as a poet. I find the meter a bit too irregular for my taste (not that my poems are often metered, but when meter is a feature it could be tighter). All in all, though, this is a great effort - the flow is smooth, the language matches the theme nicely, and the whole package comes to a nice, compact conclusion. Good work! :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautiful! You are such a romantic soul!

You've used the language I love so much, chosen such wonderful names .. your meter and formatting is great, the story rings with magic and of course, days past and .. well, I could go on.

Briefly, this is a gem!

(The painting is perfect)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, I must say that if there ever were a modern-day knight, it's you... :-) I love travelling back in time while reading a classy verse as this one. I would certainly like to hear the verse read aloud...T'would be a treat.

I do think that men like Sir Mercutio do exist today.... Just haven't come across one face to face...lol.

There is a definite Shakespearean quality in this wonderfully, romantic piece. The rhyme is exquisite, the flow...elegant...imagery...brilliant. I could easily see a part II to this, Craig, my friend. Just in case, I had better put part I in my favs.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My new favorite!! Beautiful as always. It flowed so well from beginning to end and i felt as if he was whispering in my ear...:) Such an amazing depiction of true love. Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I think you can safely rest assured that ‘When world is fierce and life is cold’ I shall look to your poem of true love and valor to call upon the hope of chivalry and fairytale, and in every reading I am sure I will always find a pleasure as great as the first. I loved this, the rhyming was perfect, a beautiful melody to it and I very much enjoyed the content of it (I am a sucker for all things history and especially the medieval period). I think you capture the English view of heroism in this wonderfully but for definite the main reason I enjoyed it was simply because it made me smile. No matter how many times we read such things they always seem new and fresh and somewhat enchanting. Thank you for posting this, I really love it. It’s nice to see other writers on this site looking to the past for their inspiration. Well done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Well, this is what childhood books "should " contain. So rich, luch and enjoyable to read. I love the names you selected for your knight and lady love. R
Really is one of your shining stars here, Craig. The accompanying picture is perfect as well. Outstanding!!1

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so very well written and so wonderful. I like this alot. It's amazing and such a treasured filled write that is so romantic.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


6
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3008 Views
61 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 10 Libraries
Added on January 12, 2010
Last Updated on May 19, 2010
Tags: Knight Mercutio Lady Ariel Love

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..