Only Olive Green Eyes...

Only Olive Green Eyes...

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

A moment all my heart craves... Remix from the past...

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     Out my frosted window a red beam pierces the clouds as quilted, gray blankets cover the earth.  She is there, on the shore, her figure wrapped in the wisping gray.

     My window shrieks as it opens, and the sharpness of sea and salt fill my mind.  The circling birds swim the currents of air and cry to one another, as the whispering sea foam drapes the sandy shore.

     My heart ceases as she glances at me.  For a moment, I cease.

     The sand colored wood claws at my feet as I move toward the sea, and toward her piercing gaze.

  

This morning I breathe iced air,  

And wander toward the waves.

For a moment I live without care;

a moment all my heart craves.    

 

    The earth turns to reveal her lily face.  There is no longer ocean, only olive green eyes…

© 2010 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, what magic! I love the sense of the universe dropping away in the face of the olive-eyed woman [literally!] I think this is something between a poem and a drabble/short story, and it has all the more richness n' strangeness for it. To me, it feels somehow more real than straight verse would.

The narrator's enthralled, so am I - well done! ^_^

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this is amazingly well written and beautiufl. Great job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Your descriptions of this were amazing! I love the image you draw out and store into my head. It's very pleasing. Great write n.n

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very beautiful and the words flowed well creating a beautiful image. Very nicely done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow! that's a stunning piece of poetry painted with words, the descriptions creates a fantasy inside the reader's head, It's like you're there. Great poem. Breathtaking!

Posted 14 Years Ago


wonderful piece- the description and imagery created is beautiful

Posted 14 Years Ago


A sublime piece indeed. I love the way that you capture all of the senses, from the wood beneath your feet to the salty sea air, and the visuals are gorgeous. I love the last line, particularly because of the idea of "olive green eyes" which are more haunting than bright and piercing, reminding me of a stormy sea. Nicely done indeed!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


beautiful, well done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wonderful! Leaves little to the imagination, except for what's to follow, as the description is really great.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I was entranced by this as your wording transported me right into the scene... romantically stunning.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is absolutely wonderful. Something I may connect to! :)
The world seems like vast emptiness when you gaze upon beauty.
I loved the imagery.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2350 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2010
Last Updated on April 5, 2010

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..