Footsteps

Footsteps

A Story by An owl on the moon
"

I hear footsteps.. closer now

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My darling, I can only    hope and pray this reaches you. Last   one. I’m the  last one… Have all their     bodies ˜ here.. around me. It’s a    nightm are   .  night ma re

So many attacked    us in the night. Pinned   us in these rocks.. lost a lot of blood.. and they’re sti ll close. Can hear    them shouting. Tryin g to th i n k  of yo u. to smi le. So beau ti ful you ar e  to  me.    

I’m ˜   not afraid  to die.. I’m dead    already.. fingers jus t won’t stop writing.. I’m just    afraid I won’t see you    again.. and never see our new baby˜.. Let her know her   daddy will always watch over her.. that I tried     so hard to    fight back..we all did..   to   ˜do what’s right. Tell her to never give up.. no matter  ho w  many  tell he r  it ca n’t  be do ne.

Growing weak.. God   have mercy on our souls… I hear    footsteps.. closer now.. someone here..  my God  . Dar li   n g I l  ov e  ˜  ˜ 

 

© 2010 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Quite shocking, in it's wording plus how it's written. It made me wonder the reason but also added to the intensity of this work.
It grabbed my stomach pit. Thank you

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
Really a beautiful and touching story/letter.
May we all remember those men and women and loved ones fighting for our country.
Loved the story Craig, great job

Posted 13 Years Ago


VERY WELL WRITTEN! I COULD ALMOST HEAR THE FOORSTEPS AND THE LOVE IN HIS VOICE AS HE SPILLED IT OUT ON PAPER TO HIS WIFE AND CHILD!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Touching…
Very touching…
There is a lump in my throat…dear craig…



Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. moved to tears ... beautifully written and presented ... the scene is alive ... the words travel to the survivors ... the loved ones ... there is so much to feel here ... to sense ... to be overwhelmed by ... amazingly moving ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


What a sad poem, Craig and it reached the reader and makes me think of the horrors of war .... you did a great job getting these feelings down.

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, that was so beautiful, the format flowed very well. Your word choice was very powerful, and it pulled me in instantly.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow.... I don't even know what to say about this. You brought tears to my eyes with just the first few words. Very gripping and so heartfelt and painful. Amazing job writing this. The way you physically broke up the words and letters just added to the reality of it. Great work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Such a great layout that immediately pulls you in to a sorrowful last letter of a dying man........bought a lump to my throat.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This write really is heart tugging. Amazing write here Craig!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1283 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 28, 2010
Last Updated on July 29, 2010

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dance Dance

A Poem by Robin


Fear Fear

A Poem by HorrorMaster