I miss the color of your eyes

I miss the color of your eyes

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Pondering the stirring alone of me...

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I stand mystic on this auburn shore

Pondering the stirring alone of me

Waves fluttering like birds all astir …

 

Salt from the sea tastes of your skin

Zephyrs like your warm lips on my face

And gentle whispers voiced in my ear …

 

How I miss the color of your eyes

Same color as birthing skies at dawn

They melt me magic miles over miles …

 

Now you flitter come in daydreams

One day I’ll see the sails of your ship

As clouds roll on like the azure waves …

 

Drifting us mystic on this auburn shore…

© 2010 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a wonderful read,
I can feel the words adrift.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Contemplative and searching... your words so sweetly embodied by the virtues of nature. I love your deep and clarifying manner of describing the vast beauty of the sea, the clouds, the sky and their affinity for each other as you, the poignant observer rests your troubled thoughts to the wayward wind. There is such sorrowful compassion here, the expanse of isolation is heart breaking. I feel heavy with the sardonic power of these lonesome, yet lovely words... exceptional write, Craig. Always a pleasure..

Posted 11 Years Ago


As sweet as it is salty...an elegant yearning...coming and going...with the wind...

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
A
Eye-catching impressive style, the font went well with poem and the image is very suitable as well, that was really artistic; Outstanding job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The image alone is beautiful.. as if the image were crafted around the word, and vice versa.. romantic, passionate, and visually stunning. The words are out of this world.. Really enjoyed this piece..

Posted 13 Years Ago


love the photo and the image of an auburn shore. and "salt from the sea tastes of your skin" is an exquisite line...

Posted 13 Years Ago


These words just echo throughout your soul. I can feel this tug against my heart. This is lovely as well as inspiring. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful, love the way "melt me magic miles over miles" flows on the tongue. A magical creation of words, so full of longing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Poetic perfection! I felt warm and serene while reading this. I'm such a romantic! Thanks for sharing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


wonderful poem, the description of emotions is stunning! and the fact that feelings are replacing with material things makes the poem more realistic. Well DONE! I love this one =)

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2047 Views
51 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 17, 2010
Last Updated on November 18, 2010

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..