COME ALIVE

COME ALIVE

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Come alive and taste the rain…

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Life runs crimson through seeping scars

A shattered soul ripped by raven lies

Bitter tasting prison with cerulean bars

Screams splinter peaceful night skies…

 

Come alive, come alive and taste the rain

Leave behind your bitterness and pain…

 

Oh you will know the nightmare is over

And your auburn dream has come alive

When you taste the ginger on my fingers

And you look into my sapphire eyes…

 

You’ve come alive, come alive to taste the rain

Left behind your bitterness and pain...

 

 

© 2011 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
Life breathes over us in seasons... May you find spring smiling on you this day...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The last stanza brings it home..lovely write..xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


Let it rain let i rain let it rain... rain can be a great soul soother. Being a lover of rain I really enjoyed this poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


ooh- this is deliciously sensual and sharp with emotion. I like the bold words that you chose and i like the message. I wish that the rain would wash away all my bitterness and pain. God knows we have enough of it, lately... (rain)

Posted 12 Years Ago


An anthem to rebirth n' renewal n' rejuvenation! A perfect tonic for my soul!! ㋡

Posted 12 Years Ago


there is something very cleansing about rain itself. Such a lovely piece this is. It leaves the reader feeling refreshed and hopeful.
I love how lyrical it is, with the refrain, as well.
Very beautiful writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

People walk in the streets when it's raining, for serenity and sanity. People get soaked under the raindrops. But tasting it is a whole new story and experience. I bet it feels just as good as it sounds, and I bet it tastes even better. Fresher. Gazing into a calm, loving person's eyes is also a window to a whole new world. Wonderful consolation, encouragement, and tenderness in this poem. You never fail to make new emotions come live within me.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This would make a wonderful song, maybe it's the repeated alternate two lines with the one change of word .. maybe because of its near haunting meter. Here again you use colour and a hint of hair colour at that, intentional probably .. perhaps .. who knows. ' Oh you will know the nightmare is over ~ And your auburn dream has come alive ~ When you taste the ginger on my fingers ~ And you look into my sapphire eyes '…there's something very alluring, sensuous, in those four lines, subtle, but distinct.

Posted 12 Years Ago


An excellent poem. Small and simple to understand with a good feeling at the end. Enjoyed

Posted 12 Years Ago


My Goodness Craig this is so amazing I so love the first stanza, I can feel the dark undertones and sadness reign through this as well as sheer beauty. Love this one my fave from you...So very well nicely done!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



5
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2178 Views
49 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 28, 2011
Last Updated on May 29, 2011

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..