MUSES OF MY MIND

MUSES OF MY MIND

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

What brings words alive in you?

"

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Words are my drug…

trembling, emotion infused…

exhilarating fascination with fiction… fantastical friction

fire-lit on cold nights… intoxication born in shadows and moonsong…

melodic medicine poured deep in my sunset smiles as morning kisses night’s dark cheek…

a scent wafting on the wind…

rivers racing in the radiance of day…

love-linked letters in the lingering light… a child’s voice that is my own from across the years…

iced laughter before the tears…

warm breath on my neck in shades of dusk… lip-licking beauty…

glimpses of soft skies in summer… screams from the numberless and nameless… mindscapes on foggy drives home … a cry in the night from Want…  

dreamscapes as sleep dances… desires undone…

these are the muses of my mind…

© 2012 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
To finish my first novel, An Owl on the Moon, I listened to Sting’s “Desert Rose” no less than a hundred times… It made my mind like a flame set free in a forest… Such are the muses of my mind… What brings words alive in you?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have a feeling YOU will be something to bring alive the words in me. Other then that, the experiences of life, and music. Like you, music. I hear a song and fall into a world so incredibly uncontrolled if the music stops I cannot continue writing unless I press the play button again. I've spent countless hours listening to the same songs, I thought I was crazy but maybe not. Then again, maybe we're both crazy?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love how this unravels to a darker edge towards the end,

'mindscapes on foggy drives home … a cry in the night from Want… '

The progression of these two images is very effective.

I also liked,

'love-linked letters'

who wouldn't?

Posted 12 Years Ago


My goodness, oh my - how wonderful this is! A poet needs inspiration, hope, dreams, imagination, views outside the norm and .. you have more, much more.

Craig, this has to be your best of bests, tis truly wonderful. I'm not sure which phrase could be called a favourite, it all sets my emotions going and my toes curling, but, if i have to choose - and should, ' .. melodic medicine poured deep in my sunset smiles as morning kisses night’s dark cheek… '

Sighing long and low after reading 'Muses of my Mind' three times, leaving with calm and beautiful pictures in my mind.

Posted 12 Years Ago



5
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2783 Views
42 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 9 Libraries
Added on February 18, 2012
Last Updated on February 22, 2012

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..