Man in the Black Cape—Urban Legend

Man in the Black Cape—Urban Legend

A Chapter by Steven Cash
"

Another Urban Legend

"

This is one Urban Legend that I didn't author, but I felt I had to share with you all. The author is unknown, as the story has been around for a while and has 'changed hands' a lot. Yet and still, I had to share this with you.
I DO NOT CLAIM OWNERSHIP!!!

---



If you stand alone at the corner of Church St. and Market St. in Charleston, South Carolina at 3 AM, you see a man coming down Church St. wearing a black hat and black cape with stringy white hair and weathered skin. He'll stop at one of the two corners directly across from where you are standing and start to walk the corner directly opposite from where he is standing. When he reaches about halfway (dead center of the intersection) and nobody else has arrived, he'll stop, turn, and look directly at you.

If you do not blink for roughly 20-30 seconds he'll tip his hat to you and walk along his way, disappearing into the dark shadows of the trees that line the streets. Nobody knows what happens if you follow him.

If you do blink before he tips his hat, the very first thing you will see is the man standing directly in front of you. He'll grin maliciously at you and draw a blade hidden in the shaft of the cane and slash you across your throat, but you will not feel a thing. You will, however, pass out and remain in a comatose state until the sun rises over the horizon.

For the next six nights, you will have a recurring dream of the man walking down the street, appearing suddenly before you, and slashing your throat. On the seventh night, the events will replay the same up until he stops in the middle of the intersection. At this point, he'll say, "It's been fun playing with you, boy, but now it's time for you to go. Don't ever let me see you again." He'll then tip his hat and walk away before you wake up.

Nobody knows what happens if you visit the corner a second time.



© 2012 Steven Cash


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

weird

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Yea
owo very creepy and well written, had my hair standing on end! great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

:)
ooh! this one had my attention fixed on the screen till the end. i love this one. you not only put a cliff hanger in the ending, but also in the middle, making the readers mind wander to the "what ifs" and the possible scenarios... almost making the reader want to put themselves in harmsway just to satisfy their curiosity.
genius work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

lol glad I found this one
Hmmmmm.... I should think twice before going to the street corner .... Btw this is really good.
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Thank you
Very creepy...as urban legend should be!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Thank you much?
Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Sorry didn't mean to have the ? In that
Shimmerbliss/CAF

11 Years Ago

No problem! :)
This is good enough to make me want to read the other chapters, which I will in time. I don't know if thi is your own material or if you are recounting urban legends you have heard. I have not heard either of the legends you have posted, but there are thousands.
This sentence is awkward, and if you look at it you'll see why.

If you stand alone at the corner of Church St. and Market St. in Charleston, South Carolina at 3 AM, you see a man coming down Church St. wearing a black hat and black cape with stringy white hair and weathered skin.
SUGGESTION: If you stand alone at the corner of Church St. and Market St. in Charleston, South Carolina at 3 AM, you see a man with stringy white hair and weathered skin coming down CHurch St. wearing a black hat and black cape.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

I am recounting this one. Man in the House, Terror of Soho and John Rhodes are my own
Marie

11 Years Ago

I'll be reading those later.
had to take a peek at this and think i'll read the others at some point. Very easy to read and you create the aura of fear which i believe you're aiming for. The person in which you speak aids this. One thing - grin maliciously, hmm one or the other, for me the two appear almost comical.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Thanks man
A very interesting tale.Good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

:)
Nice! A very interesting urban legends. Ooh, how I wish I could never get any dreams like that. That's really scary.. haha

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Thanks, Geraldine, lol
Geraldine

11 Years Ago

of course anytime.. :)
I love this one! It's full of mystery and has such a captivating appeal! Great write, as always Cash!

Ally

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Thanks Ally!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2653 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 23, 2012
Last Updated on September 24, 2012


Author

Steven Cash
Steven Cash

A Secret Location, IL



About
http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/changetheworld/1061316/ That's my poem. Goodbye everyone. Don't cry because it's over... smile because it happened... more..

Writing
Miss you Miss you

A Poem by Steven Cash



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heart & Soul Heart & Soul

A Chapter by Renée


Numb Numb

A Poem by Sam