Abandoned—Original Scary Story

Abandoned—Original Scary Story

A Chapter by Steven Cash
"

This is an Original Scary Story, based off an urban legend

"

NOTE:

This story, Abandoned, and all other Scary Stories/Urban Legends that follow are MINE. I wrote them and claim authorship/ownership.


---


In September of 1985, a radical experiment was conducted by a group of eight American scientists, named the Guild of Scientific and Spiritual Enlightenment. The GSSE was a totally private group, surviving off the funds of private donors and all experiments were held in secret, far away from the watchful eye of the Raegan Government.

      The GSSE’s experiment was based off of one radical notion"if a man was separated from his physical senses, he could perceive the spiritual, and possibly, God. They tried desperately to find a subject, but were unsuccessful. Finally, after two weeks, they found a man, John Nelson who consented to it, citing he had nothing left to live for.

      The process began on a Tuesday night. They told the man they would always be by his side, no matter what time of day, so he could freely speak anytime. The scientists gave the man a syringe full of anesthetic, and then went to work severing the main nerve tracks leading to his brain. They severed his sight, smell, hearing, and taste. They also cut his ability to feel pain, but left his inner ear function intact so he could know if he were sitting or standing or moving.

      They also left his vocal chords intact, so, as mentioned earlier, he could still speak to the scientists. A microphone was placed by the bed also, to keep a record of all that was said.

      After two hours, the man woke from the anesthetic and opened his eyes. The scientists watched as he remarkably remained calm, even with his sight and other senses completely impaired.

      “I take it you are near,” Nelson said. “I see nothing and can sense nothing. I can only sense that I am laying down. If you can hear me, lean me forward.”

      The scientists carefully leaned him forward, careful to keep the IV and EKG machines from being disturbed. Nothing happened for two whole days.

      Then on Friday at 10pm, it happened. Nelson, who had been sleeping, suddenly sat up. The scientists tried to restrain him, but he fought back. The scientists figure the man could not move, what with his sense of pain taken away. But his muscles still functioned perfectly.

      “I see the light!” the man repeated over and over again. The scientists strapped him down, keeping him from moving. They figured the man may be experiencing the first stages of psychosis, but they stayed by in case he said anything else.

      One whole hour he kept repeating about the light. Then he fell silent. All of the scientists stared at the man, waiting for him to speak.

      “I can hear my wife, Anna. She is very happy to see me.”

      He repeated that a few times, and then began to carry on a conversation with ‘Anna’. The scientists listened, hearing the old man tell her events in his life since she had died. Personal events, as well as national events. The scientists believed the man was surely insane, and were ready to inject him with poison. He would not feel the pain, and would just die in a few minutes. But then the man broke the conversation.

      “Who had a daughter named Celia?”

      One of the scientists turned pale. His daughter, who died at the age of twenty-four, was named Celia.

      Nelson began telling the man things Celia told him. Private things that he knew nobody would know except her. Things about life, and childhood, and  family moments. The scientist began to weep, wishing he could tell the man to tell his daughter that he loved her. But that was impossible.

      But the scientists were convinced the man had now made a connection with the spiritual world. They decided to keep the experiment going, for Nelson was almost assuredly near a connection with God.

      Nelson carried on conversation with different deceased entities, until 4am. At that time, he began to groan and thrash. “Make them stop!” he said, “The voices are angry, make them stop!”

      He carried on for the next twelve hours simply groaning, pleading for a sedative. The scientists didn’t want to do it because they believed the man to be so close.

      Then at 7am that morning, the man was silent. The silence went on for hours, until the man began to cry softly. His next words were soft, but all the scientists were quiet enough to hear it.

      “I have spoken with God,” Nelson said. “He sent his last prophet years ago as a last resort to this broken world.”

      Nelson cried even harder, making eye contact with one of the scientists. Despite his supposed blindness, he still locked eyes and said, “The prophet was Jason Anderson of New York City. He was the first baby killed in Roe vs. Wade. He was our last chance. God has abandoned us.”

 

 

---

 

 

I wrote this story to make a statement. 50 million babies have been legally killed in this nation alone. Think of who those babies could’ve become. They are lives, precious lives, that we had/have no right to kill.

 

Not a sermon, just a thought.



© 2012 Steven Cash


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

very good. I like that it's not just a horror story but that it has a point.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Yep, it does
wow that was so suspensful and well written and it had a clear message, it was just amazing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much

THIS is one I wrote, and all after this
This could be turned into a movie its good and it has a good point.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Sure

You have any poems?
sierrasparks91

11 Years Ago

yes i have tons of poems and thank you very much
Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

No probs

I will look at the poems tonight
Very interesting story and tale.Very well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


 Soul Fire

11 Years Ago

I'm a viking... XD Not Taylor swift, and btw, it's Raya XD
Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

You look like Taylor Swift... wait, RAYA??? You changed your name! lol
 Soul Fire

11 Years Ago

Yes,It's Raya.I changed my name
Great! Great! Great story. The writing flowed well and flawless. It kept my attention and instanly sucked me in. I knew I would not stop reading until the end. You're a very good writer and I will be reading more. I loved the ending, but I'll keep my opinions out of it. Not because I agree, or disagree with abortion, I just read this for pure entertainment, and that's exactly what I got. thank you.

P.S. I see you're from Chicago. That's my old stomping grounds. It's good to see a fellow writer from my hometown. I think we'll talk some more in the future.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

We definitely can talk more. Send me a friend request,please.

Glad you liked the story
I really liked this story.
And a good point at the end. It's not our choice to say who is to be born or not.
Great story, can't wait to read more. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Thank you much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2624 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 24, 2012
Last Updated on September 24, 2012


Author

Steven Cash
Steven Cash

A Secret Location, IL



About
http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/changetheworld/1061316/ That's my poem. Goodbye everyone. Don't cry because it's over... smile because it happened... more..

Writing
Miss you Miss you

A Poem by Steven Cash



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..