The Man in the House—Original True Story

The Man in the House—Original True Story

A Chapter by Steven Cash
"

This is my true ghosts story

"

            This story is absolutely true. I know it is, because it happened to me"Steven Cash.

            It was a regular night in Chicago, my hometown. The whole family was sleeping in my parent’s bedroom cause we were painting all the other rooms and we had to let them dry and air out. I was about eleven at the time.

            So, that went on for a few days. Sleeping in my parent’s bedroom I mean.

            So, we were all sleep. Now, I must explain how everything was arranged. As soon as you walked into the room mom and dad’s bed is 5 feet in front of you. To the left is their dresser and the closet beyond that. In the corner past the bed by the window is the TV.

            We took out the dresser and put two mattresses on the floor. So, I was on the mattress at the foot of the bed, my brother on the mattress at the side of the bed and my sister, who was real young at the time, in the bed with my parents.

            So, I’m a heavy sleeper. Always have been. It takes people to shake me to wake me. But for whatever reason, I woke up exactly at 5:29 and sat up in bed.

            I don’t even know why. I know it was 5:29 cause I looked at the cable box which had the time on it.  Well, I sat up further. Wondering why I was up. I was making sure also I wasn’t asleep.

            As soon as it turned 5:30 I heard a sound out in the living room. It was a small house, so you could hear things. So then I looked towards the hallway, again, I don’t know why.

            There in the hallway I heard footsteps of someone running. Then I see someone running past the door in all black. Black pants, black sweatshirt and black mask, with white shoes.

            I immediately was silent. I thought there was a burglar in the house.  So I stayed silent, then got up, climbed over my brother and looked out into the hallway. I was absolutely terrified. I mean, terrified.

            Then when I saw nothing I went to my parents and shook them awake. I told them I saw someone running past the door. My dad, like any other parent, said I had a nightmare. I began to think to myself, maybe I did have a nightmare. But I could sleep. I literally sat up in bed watching the hallway for the next half hour. I knew dad would be back up at 6am to get up for work, so I just waited. And when he got up, I  got up and went into the hallway.

            To my shock, the dustpan and broom I left in the hallway was moved 15 feet away, through the kitchen into the dining room. It was in the path of the ‘burglar’.

            I immediately pointed that out to my parents, but they were still skeptical. So I just left it alone. My bro was suspicious though.

            That night scared me so bad every night for the next 7 years I could not sleep within 20 mins of laying down. I would always just watch the hallway. Even though we moved to another house, I thought the burglar was going to come back.

            So, fast-forward 8 years I am talking to a girl named Lily on another site. We were talking about ghosts, and she began to talk about an experience she had. I was like, “Well, I never had a ghost story, but I did have a burglar story.”

            So I told her the story just as I told you. Then she asked me one question that literally sent me reeling.

            She said, “If it was a burglar, why was nothing missing?”

            I thought about it for a few minutes and began to realize it might have been a ghost, not a burglar. Here are the facts why:

1)   We had a TV and video game system in the other room. If there was a burglar, why would he not take that stuff?

2)   We had an alarm system, and since all the windows and doors were locked the guy would’ve had to trigger the alarm system.

3)   I already knew about the broom being kicked, but there’s one thing I forgot. The entire house was only 40 feet from front to back. Why would a burglar just run from the back to the front of the house? Even if he did, he couldn’t go full speed cause it was only 40 feet.

4)   Finally, he would’ve had to either go out the backdoor, which was locked when I checked the next morning, or gone in the basement. Now the basement is worst of all. It has an alarm sensor that would go off for the oddest things. Sometimes if we threw laundry downstairs it would still go off. How could a burglar make it down there?

Anyway, that’s my story. Absolutely true. I oath it. And I’m no liar.

It’s up to you if you believe it or not.

I used to believe it was a burglar. Now I believe it was a ghost.


UPDATE: My sister just told me, for the first time, that she saw the same man that night. She thought it was a dream or burglar.



© 2012 Steven Cash


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

owo theres nothing scarier than ghosts! i would have freaked out if i had saw that!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

lol yea :) thanks
That's creepy... I've never had a ghost experience and I think I'd like to keep it that way. Nice!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Thanks Avy
Woah that's insane! I can't believe you actually saw a ghost :o I've heard things and felt a presence..but I've never seen an actual ghost. Very interesting, and I love how you back it up with that facts. There is no way it was a burglar. Excellent write :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Thanks
Allycat

11 Years Ago

no problem c:
Odd.... Strange... Freaky... Yet great.
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Thanks
Very interesting event isn't it?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

True event, cause it happened to me
 Soul Fire

11 Years Ago

interesting
I really couldn't imagine myself seeing a man like that. This totally scared me.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Geraldine

11 Years Ago

yes it is. ^^ I am trying to imagine what if it happens to me, seriously I really don't know how wil.. read more
Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Aha, I didn't know how to react either when it happened. As you see in the story, I thought it was a.. read more
Geraldine

11 Years Ago

yeah, which was really really really weird. Well if it was me, I would probably think of the same to.. read more
wow this is scary ....i love reading scary stuff ....well done

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Thank you much, Afra
As usual Cash, your writing is incredible! I can't read to read every story!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Allyson. Message me tomorrow afternoon
Allyson Wolfe

11 Years Ago

sounds good!
see... this is what nightmares are made of.... lol... factual always makes the best horror

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

:)
Creepy. Fact is often scarier than fiction

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

True, Ahmad

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1651 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 25, 2012
Last Updated on August 25, 2012


Author

Steven Cash
Steven Cash

A Secret Location, IL



About
http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/changetheworld/1061316/ That's my poem. Goodbye everyone. Don't cry because it's over... smile because it happened... more..

Writing
Miss you Miss you

A Poem by Steven Cash



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..