Life of Raven Black (March 15, 2008)

Life of Raven Black (March 15, 2008)

A Story by [[Patches]] ((rocks))
"

new new

"

March 15, 2008

 

The trial has been over for weeks and I am doing just fine. I have been transferred to a different facility due to the mistreating of the occupants of the now closed down rehab center. That means that I told them and that they closed it down and also arrested Karen. I would never be hearing from them again. Thank God. Seeing as how there are limited facilities, Jane ended up with me in the newest one on the other side of town! I was so excited when I heard that I would not be alone. But then again I was a little sad because now Matt and Sky have to travel all the way across town to visit. Making their visits limited. Michigan is not that big but to me across town meant a whole other city, which happened to be Roscommon.

 

When I woke up this morning Jane was sitting on my bed staring at me. She was very alone in this place without me and clung to me since the whole thing with Kyle happened. She is very worried that I well get hurt again. I looked from her around my room. Everything was put away neatly but the room didn’t even seem like it belonged to me like it did. I had been moved in since the day after the police took Kyle away. They did not waste time to get me away from the crazy, drugged up woman that hated me so much.  Karen was definitely a huge threat to my health. She had already tried to kill me once… which by the way she got prosecuted for. The sentence was 50 years w/ no chance of parrol and for Kyle it was 45 years w/ no chance of parrol until his 30th year. I gave myself a sigh of relief when I heard they would not have an easy rest of their life and that they were planning any type of revenge that I would be long gone and old by then which meant that they would be too. I let a giggle out of my mouth.

“What?” Jane asked, breaking me out of my fantasy.

“Just thinking about their sentence.”  I smiled big at her and she smiled back laughing a little herself.

“Come on and get dressed. We should probably go eat some breakfast before we swim today.” She said getting up and grabbing me some clothes. That’s another thing that I forgot to tell you… this facility is an experiment. It is seeing if giving the occupants more options like real life well help them recover better physically and mentally. Today their activity would be swimming. My favorite.

“Ok, I’ll meet you in the mess.” I said getting off of my bed grabbing my clothes from her.  She smiled uneasily at me but left anyway. I was very relieved that Jane cared so much about me but I really didn’t like her acting like my mom every second of the day. Although a mom would be nice… I think that I would rather have her as a friend. I don’t think that she could punish me if she had to or even wanted to. Wait a minute… why am I even talking about this as though it were possible? This is never going to happen… she well always be my sister… but never my mom. Ever!

 

                I got dressed and headed out the door. I was very surprised that I did not find her outside the door waiting. She usually does that a lot. It was good to finally have some alone time. I walked slowly down the hallway to the main room, which is actually a rec. room if you think about it. It was just a place that people hang out and play games. This room was just off the café so all I had to do is enter through the door. I didn’t see Jane in there at first but then I spotted her in the corner sitting by her self as usual. I only have two weeks left in the center for good behavior and I really don’t want to leave her all alone like that. I grabbed something small from the buffet and then sat down by her. Just as I sat down I saw 3 people from another table stand and walk toward us. They hesitated slightly and then sat down; two boys and one girl. One of the boys, the one that sat right next to me at the round table, had piercing blue eyes and straight chin length brown hair. The other boy, who sat on the other side of the first boy, had my green eyes except less intense and shoulder length black hair; I believe that he could defiantly pass as my brother. Last but not least the girl, which sat down next to the “gothic type” boy, had black hair (with purple streaks) and it was long (all the way to the middle of her back) she also had these beautiful gray eyes.

“Hello.”  The browned haired boy said. I looked him in the eyes trying to find a meaning to his politeness.  He looked back at me also trying to find something… when he realized there was nothing but pain he winced and looked away. No one had been this nice at the H.L. rehab. They all just ignored Jane and I; just getting through there sentence like everybody else.

“Hi.” I finally said in a surprised but chipper voice. He smiled still not looking at me.

“My name is Jeremy. This is Brian,” he pointed to the gothic boy, “and this is Nexilily.” He motioned his hand toward the girl. She reminded me of Sky but she was shorter and had less makeup… you could even see her freckles. She glared at him evilly and at that point I knew that we would become friends. “Also known as Hex Nex. But we just call her Nex.”  She smiled, knowing that she had won.

“Hello everybody.” I said politely. “My name is Raven and this is my best friend Jane.” Everybody traced there eyes from me to her and she blushed and dropped her eyes to the table shyly. Since when has Jane been shy? Since the first day I met that girl she has never been shy. I looked at her strangely and then realized that I wasn’t the only one. Everybody at the table was staring at her as if she had a stupid mask on, until she said “Hi.” and everyone returned to eating their breakfast.

“So,” I said, trying not to sound rude, “What brings you over here?” I tried to be polite but I think that I was a little pushy. They looked at one another shrugging their shoulders.

“We just thought we would come and say ‘hi’ to the new kids.” Brian said looking at me intently. To tell you the truth I was a little intimidated by those green eyes.

“So what’s your poison?” Nex chirped up. She voice was like bells, like it was so high-pitched it could break crystal.

“Cocaine was my thing.” I stated openly. “I was also involved with a lot of pot.”

“Ahhh,” she sighed knowingly, “Party drugs. I have got to get together with you after I get out of here.”

“Sorry, I am not into drugs anymore.” I stated proudly, maybe a little sure of myself. But why shouldn’t I be? I have come this far after all.

“Oh, that’s ok. I am on the straight and narrow too! I meant just to have fun!” she went squirrely in her seat.

“So what about you guys?”

“Pot.” Brian said shrugging. “And I have no intention of stopping. As soon as I get out of this hell hole I am so throwing a pot party.” He chuckled until Nex jabbed him in the ribs.

“I am still working on him.” She stated. He bent down and kissed her passionately. They actually looked like an amazing couple. I looked over to Jeremy.

“I’ve done so much, it is hard for me to pick just one.” He looked off into the distance and then at Jane shyly. It was like he was debating what she would think. It was kind of cute.

“I’ve mostly been into ecstasy. But I wasn’t the only one. It was kind of a group thing.” He looked all of them in the eye and Nex put her head down but Brian smiled weakly.

“What about you Jane?” Nex piped up to break the silence. I would later want to thank her for that. She was silent for a long time, enough time for all of us to start eating again when suddenly she spoke.

“Anti- Depressants!” She blurted out loudly. “But, I got caught with pot so that is what I was busted for.” She said more quietly. I looked at her and realized that she hadn’t touched her breakfast. She was white as a ghost and I was deeply concerned.

“We were going to go swimming today. Would you three like to join us?” I asked trying to hurry things up so I can talk to Jane privately. I wanted Jane to get involved with these people because they might end up being here longer than me. She might become their friends, like I want to.

“Umm,” Jeremy started, “We haven’t really planned anything so… sure I guess.” She smiled at me and then looked at Jane.

“Ok well, we are going to go change. So we’ll meet you out by the pool in 10.” I got up going around the table to the already standing Jane. We walked hastily out of the café. Most was me but she was hurrying too.

 

                As soon as we got to her room I shut the door behind me. She sat on her bed and looked up at me expecting me to blow up at her. I had every intention to do so until I looked into her pained eyes.

“What’s wrong?”

“I… I…” she started shaking her head, “I just… I feel like what happened to you was my fault. I feel like if I had told you sooner, that this wouldn’t have happened to you. I should have told you sooner… I should have…” She shook her head and started to cry. I walked over to her and sat on the bed lightly. I whipped the tears from her eyes and pulled her into a hug.

“It is not your fault. It has never been your fault. It well never be your fault. Ever.” I stated looking at her in my arms. “It is his! That criminals’ fault! He is the one who hurt and raped me.” She shuddered at that word. She looked up at me and smiled.

“I know,” she said, “I just don’t want anything to happen to you, ever again.” I smiled.

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll be fine.” I said. “So… what about those new people we met today. Friend material or not?”

“Hmm… you know Jeremy is kind of cute.” She giggled and pulled free of my hug. I got up.

“Now that is the Jane that I know and love.”

“The rest of them are amazing. I think that it is going to be awesome to have some new friends.”

“Hey what’s wrong with me?”

“Well…” she laughed and I pushed her playfully.

“Well, why don’t you get dressed and I well meet you back her in 2.” With that I rushed to my room and put on my suit. The facility only aloud one pieces which they supplied. Mine was red. Jane’s was Blue. When I walked by her room she was standing with Nex, Brian and Jeremy. They all looked like regular people, in their regular swimsuits to go swimming with a bunch of friends. It reminded me of how much I missed being free. Now at least I would be a little more… free.

The rest of the day was just me hanging with my sister and a bunch of new amazing friends.

 

© 2009 [[Patches]] ((rocks))


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

[[Patches]] ((rocks))
there is more...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on December 31, 2008
Last Updated on January 4, 2009

Author

[[Patches]] ((rocks))
[[Patches]] ((rocks))

Prudenville, MI



About
Hello everybody. =DD My name is Chantel. I love to write & read! Talk to me too because i love to meet new ppl! Byees! Chantel! more..

Writing