The Willow Tree

The Willow Tree

A Poem by Chiquita
"

Sadness beneath towering beauty.

"

The willow tree, it stands
 on a cruel and heartless land.
The love it has loved,
the dreams it has dreamed,.
Dead beauty,
beneath a towering sorrow.
In it’s shadow,
love’s corpse lies.
The lives it has lived,
counted by mis-shapened rings.
It’s roots twisting deep
to quench it’s insatiable thirst.
Deeper still, yet what it seeks
remains unfound.
The willow tree, it stands
and it weeps.
The tears it has cried
fall un-witnessed.
Standing, loving, dying, fighting for life,
thirsting, seeking, weeping, tears falling.
In a cruel and heartless land,
the willow tree I am.

© 2008 Chiquita


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is beautiful, Chiquita. It is elegantly written but its so powerful and painful, yet a delight to read. Much truth in this poem ... I can relate as I am sure so can the masses.

Standing, loving, dying, fighting for life,
thirsting, seeking, weeping, tears falling.
In a cruel and heartless land,
the willow tree I am.

well done my friend.
thank you and have a wonderful weekend!

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

the willow tree, you bring brilliant metaphors to life-with intellectial insight that is subtle as a dream,
as in the soft, empathy is a beautiful play on words. I love how your thoughts take the
heart to another plane, the depth and quality is excellent.

Posted 15 Years Ago


It is beautifully written. Still a sadness surrounds my favorite tree. Great piece. Rain..

Posted 15 Years Ago


An un-looked for 'oh, my' moment. Absolutely amazing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is such a beautiful poem. This was written with such a strong voice, and to have been written when you were younger, shows how strong you have always been. Embracing your emotions and creating such beauty.

Posted 16 Years Ago


"In a cruel and heartless land,
the willow tree I am."

Oh, so beautiful and tinged with the pain and sorrow of a long and heavy life. Thank you for sharing this, I love that the strength of the willow is the same strength that embodies you, only growing stronger as it ages. Great job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


A very heart wrenching poem. I felt real pain within "The Willow Tree", and at times it made me wince. I applaud the willow to keep standing through it all! This is very mature for a teenager to write..to come back to it when older, and with more experience must have been a story in itself!

Dreamcatchers are made out of willow. Maybe you could hang one to reshape the willow into something beautiful?
Iktomi: "Use the web to help yourself and your people to reach your goals and make good use of your people's ideas, dreams and visions. If you believe in the great spirit, the web will catch your good ideas -- and the bad ones will go through the hole."

http://www.cia-g.com/~gathplac/dreamcatcher_legend.htm

Thanks for sharing this remarkable poem :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Me
I really enjoyed this piece. The Willow is, truly, the perfect metaphor for pain and sorrow. I could feel the despair radiate from this piece. Beautiful work.

~chad~

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is absolutely beautiful. I'm a big fan of Weeping Willows and I must say you do them justice, although I see "the willow tree i am" you are also describing yourself. This is an excellent piece, very well written. Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed reading!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Thanks for sending this my way. So reflective of what we make out of life.

The lives it has lived,
counted by mis-shapened rings.
The love it has loved,
the dreams it has dreamed,.

Mis-shapened rings - There isn't a better way to describe what life does to us and in turn how we show our own histories. I can't but think that, were someone to cut me open, they would find these same rings. Rings that would record the many mistakes I have made.

The Willow is a melancholy tree and the perfect source spring for your poem.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Silvia sent this my way. THANK YOU SILVIA! This was a wonderful read very well thought out and described. You show great talent here. Now I am eager to read more of your work!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2008

Author

Chiquita
Chiquita

About
My 40th year has begun. I have started my life over many times. I find myself in a place where I am starting over yet again. I hope that my writing will find a place in my new life. I have fancied.. more..

Writing
Contemplation Contemplation

A Story by Chiquita



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..