Which is Better, an Electric Hand Dryer Or Paper Towels?

Which is Better, an Electric Hand Dryer Or Paper Towels?

A Story by Charles Riley

Many wouldn’t think of purchasing an electric hand dryer as a significant decision, but the choice between automatic dryers, push button styles, and paper towels can impact your business beyond the bathroom door. The addition of these will affect the environment and several aspects of your business. If you are facing this decision or will be soon, the comparison of these three methods can help you make an informed decision.



Automatic Dryers
The most convenient of the three options, automatic hand dryers, have become a popular option for offices, plants, and businesses of all types and sizes. While these work the same as a push button electric hand dryer, they use an electronic ‘eye’ to turn on and off. When you move your hand in front of the ‘eye,’ the motion sensor inside detects the movement and triggers the internal switch to start the machine. The sensor breaks the connection and shuts off as soon as it no longer detects motion.

The popularity of this unit rose for a few reasons. The main one is that these models have a high level of energy efficiency. The machine uses less wattage per second, but because it starts and stops with use, it runs far less than push button varieties. It also eliminates the waste of paper towels. Because you don’t have to touch the machine to use it, automatic dryers also has the highest level of hygiene compared to the other two.


Push Button Electric Hand Dryer
These work similar to the automatics, but you need to push a button on the outside of the unit to turn it on. You can find them in energy efficient models to help keep your utility bills down. A push buttons electric hand dryer runs on a timer. This means it runs for a specific time with or without someone using it. Therefore, this unit wastes a small amount of energy.

This unit has less impact on the environment than traditional towelling. Newer units also use less energy than older units that do not use the latest technology. Because they have a smaller price tag, a push button electric hand dryer may be the best option for smaller businesses with a smaller number of employees and customers.


Paper Towels
This method has the most negative impact on the environment. It requires a large amount of resources to produce paper towels. Once used, this material takes even more energy to dispose of. Some manufacturers have attempted to limit the amount of waste by using fabric. However, this requires energy to clean, pick up, and spreads germs while pulling the fabric to a clean area or being unable to recognize a clean segment. Hygiene also comes into play here. Any germs remaining on your hands will transfer onto the button or handle when you dispense the paper, contaminating the next person. The paper can also fall on the floor, spreading the germs even further.

© 2019 Charles Riley


Author's Note

Charles Riley
Many businesses prefer automatic dryers or an electric hand dryer because of the energy savings and their eco-friendliness. Consider each option carefully to find the one that best meets your budget and your business.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on August 1, 2019
Last Updated on August 1, 2019
Tags: Electric Hand Dryer, Paper towel

Author

Charles Riley
Charles Riley

Phoenix, AZ



About
I am Charles Riley from Phoenix, Arizona. I love to modeling and also writing, Social media nerd. more..

Writing