Hibiscus

Hibiscus

A Poem by E.C.F. Doyle

Coming to the fore 
For a momentary injection
Of light or meaning.
Kisses the day, withers,
And is forgotten.
A thought in Bedlam.  

© 2013 E.C.F. Doyle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this. I have often gotten a tune or lyric whilst out walking and then lost it into the ether. I call them my lost babies. I love this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


few words, deep meaning .. and a great flower to say it! how quickly we fade .. no matter how big, nor how many .. i am going to think about my own injection this morning as the great and wonderful Sol takes a peak at the day .. nice poem .. my cup of tea!
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Succinctly written nice piece of work
Enjoyed!
~Claire

Posted 9 Years Ago


A nice sentiment...A moment.... They come and they go.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Those few words speak a million languages..brilliant

Posted 10 Years Ago


KInd of a mix of free verse and free association (I think!) I really liked this! It's very hard to write so sparingly and yet put so much meaning within. Great write!

Posted 10 Years Ago


A stark piece that doesn't shock but educates really, well done, good read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Here is that moment of clarity, of peace within the storm of day to day life. One glimpse of divinity seen through the hazy chaos of this world...

Posted 10 Years Ago


My mind takes me to thoughts of lost love on this piece, well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Short and bittersweet... A refreshing combo indeed! You see, these are the kind of poems that I love reading. With so few words, you really have to make the ones you have count, and you did just that my friend! Plus, you get brownie points for using "Bedlam". Anyways, excellent work, my friend, truly excellent. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

405 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 16, 2013
Last Updated on December 30, 2013

Author

E.C.F. Doyle
E.C.F. Doyle

Dublin, Ireland



About
Dublin based harlot to all the literary forms. more..

Writing
Love? Love?

A Poem by E.C.F. Doyle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..