Distorted Image

Distorted Image

A Poem by Chelsea
"

About eating disorders.

"

Distorted Image

The mirror

Can’t seem to fit her all

Within its roomy reflection

 

Her eyes drawn

To the rolls of fat, encasing her body

She pukes at the sight

 

If only she could see

The scrawny sickl girl

You really are

© 2011 Chelsea


Author's Note

Chelsea
For those with eating disorders. My friend has one, so I wrote this for her. Also the line about puking this had a double meaning almost. Puking because she thinks she’d disgusting looking as well as being bulimic. Any thoughts on eating disorders? Please review!
Also picture not mine. Just wanted to show the mind of anorexics.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Also women with this types of conditions makes me so sad for them. I like a woman with juice on her body... who wants a toothpick?! Models are all tall, thin women and they all look sickly and ill. I am 5'2 and only weigh 110lbs and it feels too bony and I wish I had more fat on my bones...

I have been asked if I had a eating disorder before and I would get violent and angry at people that asked me that! I love myself for who I am and for what God made me... I wish everyone could see things in that way. God bless your friend and I hope that one day she sees the beauty she has and not the figure she thinks she has.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'm not a shallow cat but eating disorders are
stupid and dont work unless you want to look
Like a Holocaust survivor. All you really need is a
Good attitude and do a little thing called running
For 45min. cause if you can spend all that time looking
at yourself in the mirror and stuffing your face with
Crap food then one could find time to run.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a problem in this thats not really talked about in this world keep up the good work..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sickl? I almost said make it sickle instead of sickly..give it a more meaningful push.
In the mirror we're all just fiendish ugly jeroffs with zero class and less self esteem.
I say Embrace all we have left, and we are free to see how truly fucked everyone else is.
This was a short blast of truth
Nice work

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I simply dont understand girls not being happy with the way they are, the media portrays beauty as being slim,thin, slender and beauty is far more than that, there is nothing at all wrong with a little weight, girls with curves are so very beautiful more so than the thin sickly looking.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is a very blunt piece. and sometimes that is better than using flowery language. you manage to get a very strong point across in very few words, an enviable skill, and your play on "She pukes at the sight" is very well placed. i would suggest that in the last stanza you change "she" to "you" to fit better with the tense of the last line. other than that, wonderful job :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i really like the simplicity to this poem,as well as the message.
it really is sad how common these things are. and then the reason always seems to come back to society, at least thats what i think.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

it drives me nuts when people who are like 50 pounds sit there and say theyre fat. i mean hello....im 10000 pounds here and youre complaining that YOURE fat? i get that people have disorders but it still drives me nuts

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

In the world where perfection is worshiped. Easy to fall to believe you are not perfect and try to reach for perfection. Funny part the things that make us different is what catches other people attention. Would be a boring world if all men and woman were perfect and the same. Last lines is hard to realize when we don't want to see the truth. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is exactly how people with eating disorders think.
They are scary and dangerous. I'm glad I eat a healthy amount now. Good write.
One typo that could use correcting:
Sickly instead of sickl

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hi,
very interesting. kat24

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

551 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 27, 2011
Last Updated on January 27, 2011
Tags: mirror, roomy, encasing, body, pukes, scrawny, chicken

Author

Chelsea
Chelsea

Canada



About
Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance. - Carl Sandburg Hello! Thank you for checkin’ out my page on the café! My name is Chelsea or Chels. I’m fifteen years old, your .. more..

Writing
Gun in School Gun in School

A Story by Chelsea



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Snow.. Snow..

A Poem by .