Don't die young

Don't die young

A Poem by Urja Gokani

Those chances that we take,
those changes that we make,
those words that they say.
Are they killing you? 

Those words that they throw.
The pain felt inside.
Is it killing you slowly and silently?
Then don't let it.

I know you are finding a chance.
A chance to put the knife on your nerve.
A chance to escape the world and be free.

But let me tell you one thing.
There's no world without you.
There will be sorrow's on your death anniversary.
But why do you want them to cry?
The world is mean but you are not and so Don't die young.

Don't die young.
Rather than picking up a knife.
Pick up those brave words to say against.
Pick up those words who make them no longer say.

© 2016 Urja Gokani


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love the last line!
Keep up the great work!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Urja Gokani

7 Years Ago

thanks a lot :)
The title says it all really. Just don't! Then the reasoning in your great poem really hits the feelings. "The world is mean but you are not" Fantastic thoughts, well done for composing them in a poetic form. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Urja Gokani

7 Years Ago

thanks a lot :)
I love it . Each line rhymes perfectly with the other . Great words if emotions ..
Nicely done

Posted 7 Years Ago


Urja Gokani

7 Years Ago

thanks a lot :)
people can make us feel that we are not worth existing....but they need to look into a mirror.

love and compassion is what keeps us alive...and loving ourselves is so important.

the hell with what others say...they do it just to make themselves feel better than others.

yes, a good lesson here.

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Urja Gokani

7 Years Ago

thanks a lot :)
Well.
You've entered this in a contest about teaching others.
This is perhaps the most important lesson. The one lesson that is required before any other lesson can be utilized. The lesson of life. Of how important it is, how essential it is to not give up, no matter how painful it becomes.

Thank you for the poem, and the lesson.

P.S: That Dog on your profile picture is so awesome that I actually had to comment on it in a review. Sorry about that.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Urja Gokani

7 Years Ago

thanks a lot for the review and actually LOL no one actually notices the dog BTW thanks again
LastMonth

7 Years Ago

Whaaat.
The Dog is the reason I entered your poem.
The poem is the reason I stayed.
Urja Gokani

7 Years Ago

well thanks again
It's hard to know what to say to someone who is intent on leaving this world, but you've made an amazing attempt to persuade such a person away from his/her self-destruction. The important parts are (1) the narrator NOTICED & cared enuf to say something, anything . . . and (2) letting the suicidal person know how much he/she is loved & will be missed. In such a situation, it's best to be straightforward & your message is exactly this. Good job putting yourself into these difficult shoes.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Urja Gokani

7 Years Ago

thanks a lot :)
There are just those who don't seem to see and appreciate the value of one's life and never seem to give importance to one's worth. " To be yourself in the world that is constantly trying to make you into something else is the greatest achievement." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Guess we just have to see what's beautiful in us, that includes all the people and all the things that make our lives wonderful.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Urja Gokani

7 Years Ago

thanks a lot for your kind words :)
I feel sad for those who die young. The world just stops for perhaps a millionth of a fraction of a second and then goes on as if they never existed. This poem is beautiful and full of wisdom.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Urja Gokani

8 Years Ago

thanks a lot :)
A splendid poem. Keep it up. Good message...:))))))

Posted 8 Years Ago


Urja Gokani

8 Years Ago

thanks a lot :)
Sami Khalil

8 Years Ago

You are welcome. ....:)))))

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

615 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 4, 2016
Last Updated on February 4, 2016
Tags: die, young

Author

Urja Gokani
Urja Gokani

maharashtra, mumbai, India



About
Hi I am cherry blossom I love writing poems and stories I am very passionate about writing I hope you all like my writings If you all send me read requests i will surly read the poems :) .. more..

Writing
Santa Santa

A Story by Urja Gokani



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Carl Carl

A Story by Lyn Anderson