Reptile

Reptile

A Poem by Damian Alan Gray

Abominable cynic, like a
cyberspace mimic, like an
art house critic, always
hidden behind your walls.

Wireless royalty of
digitized fantasy
cocooning reality for
the greater anonymity.

Mechanical monkey throwing
s**t at catastrophe and
donning robes of iniquity
shielding emerald insanity.

Spitting hate in the wind
vomiting lies and sin your
hell won’t begin to
provide justice within.

Repugnant reptile gnawing
holes through security and
offering naught but
cryptological obscurity.
 

© 2008 Damian Alan Gray


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Damn Damian, the flow in this piece is stunning. I could feel it! The language flirts with a whimsical, lyrical feel, which definitely adds to the vibe. I think you've done a fine job with this piece. It gets the point across without relying on heavy things to make the reader think. I'm thinking.....

These lines were a strong hook, quite possibly some of the best I've encountered:

Abominable cynic, like a
cyberspace mimic, like an
art house critic, always
hidden behind your walls

The sing-song quality makes that mimicing theme come to life. Excellent write, my friend. Although I didn't have to tell you that. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is where Reznor left his balls. We better call him Damian! This is a really fine example of cyberpunk mod. Like Hackers on poetry. A very fun read, security issues plaguing you like a coldblooded visitor? I'm impressed!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Could the reptile be a description of a nearly pensioned, totally apathic ... civil servant?

Posted 15 Years Ago


Well, I didn't like the font and ... Just kidding, you are going to make me re-think my discomfort with poetry. Really loved the first stanza and the rest just flowed so well.
snap snap, Cool man, Real cool.
C

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Whew Damian,
As Jeff stated..the interpretation will differ with each reader.
You perfectly described someone I have encountered online.
All I can say is I like it!


Posted 15 Years Ago


Great cadence to this work - powerful, imaginative wording - reminds me of a chameleon in sheeps clothing if that makes any sense...well done. Thank you.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 15 Years Ago


the rhyme scheme in the first stanza is priceless... it really sets the tempo for the rest of the piece... makes my computer seem evil... ::throwing it out the window:: haha... good job, a very worthy poem that is open for interpretation by each individual reader... it also left me wanting more... perfect meter and excellent word choices frame this into an overall great piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


damian, brillian! the combination of words used is simply creative genius... you conveyed the reptile within some of the online critics with sheer artistry.

much love n respect

-Lalli

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wonderfully satirical I suspect you do not like self important critics who cant write but profess to know all about everything

Posted 15 Years Ago


That was wicked cool. I really liked it. I'm beginning to appreciate rhyming more and more when something this good comes along. Great piece!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Can you see me slouched in the corner. Espresso to my lips. I am here to pay homage. Love the Beat you deftly flip.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

966 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 10, 2008
Last Updated on June 24, 2008

Author

Damian Alan Gray
Damian Alan Gray

Spring Hill, FL



About
Damian Alan Gray is not an author, he is a writer. The difference being, of course, that an author's daily routine normally includes scheduling interviews with Oprah and book signings at Barnes and No.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


1952 Mommy 1952 Mommy

A Poem by holly