Why has this happened to me?

Why has this happened to me?

A Poem by Cheyson

I feel abused, I feel so used.

Why has this happened to me?

Did my heart not have a lock and key? Why can't you see that this is killing me?

I want you now, i wanted you then. If you want me back, baby say when.

How far will it go, how long will it last? As scary as it is, we were having a blast.

Then someone went and got in the way. Why did I have to throw the stupid key away?

Why has this happened to me?

We had lots of fun, and soaked in the sun.

You tore me apart from the inside out. You made me want to cry and to pout.

You said goodbye, and I started to cry.

You opened the door, as it started to poor.

You turned around, you swept my feet off the ground.

On the inside I froze, then our passion levels rose.

Our passion did burn, and for more I did yearn.

You gave it to me, alll I needed and more. I didn't want you walking through that door.

You wanted me back, finally you did. And soon I found out I was having your kid.

On a bright and shiny day, you swept my cares away.

On a dark and stormy night, you held me so tight.

Why has this happened to me?

We said goodbye, I was no longer sad. You took my tears away, and I was so glad.

The very next day, I saw you and laughed. With joy you had caught me on this wonderous path.

You knelt down on my porch and proposed. From behind you back you pulled out a rose.

I said yes, and we hugged and we kissed. I had no idea how much I had missed.

We were married so soon, the flowers did bloom.

We stared at the stars, as I layed in your arms.

I'm so glad this has happened to me.

© 2009 Cheyson


Author's Note

Cheyson
So, what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Uhm. It switched from being upset to happy so fast that it was really confusing. I think you should have made it more clear what had actually happened to her. :x
I also think it was confusing because in the beginning you say "This IS killing me." In the present tense, but that you switched it around.
The rhyming and rhythm was really good though. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Uhm. It switched from being upset to happy so fast that it was really confusing. I think you should have made it more clear what had actually happened to her. :x
I also think it was confusing because in the beginning you say "This IS killing me." In the present tense, but that you switched it around.
The rhyming and rhythm was really good though. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

good narrative quality.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 23, 2009

Author

Cheyson
Cheyson

Writing
Prayer in Me Prayer in Me

A Poem by Cheyson