Melancholy

Melancholy

A Story by chocolate_addict
"

Melancholy: a gloomy state of mind

"

Pull me out from inside myself . Bid this body and soul of mine to inch forward before the last seams come undone. The child inside me screeches for company, for your loving touch on my brow. But your tenderness is swallowed by a hollow beast between this age and the starving child. I don’t know what to do with myself, how to handle this angst ridden misjudgment of life. I feel rotten with gross distain for myself, and the beast sits on my shoulder scratching away the my bones of my back. As I falter under weakness it smirks with malicious victory and I am withering under his control. Pull me out of the madness! But wait, I do not want you to reach in, afraid of how you might view the cankerous thing hidden in me. Don’t touch me, don’t touch me! I can’t let you see misery I posses for you might bring it into yourself. Can I only save myself from confliction?  I am I strong enough to tear the beast from my shoulder and strangle his inky shadow so that it separates from mine? But being alone with myself is a fearful thought when the beast whispers that evil may surpass good. Its voice irritates me, the familiar tone troubling my ears with its confidence. I’ll gouge its eyes! I’ll rip its claws from its long, calloused fingers! I’ll tear out its power over me with my bear hands from its chest! And when it’s over and dead and its black blood covers my hands will I be free?

© 2009 chocolate_addict


Author's Note

chocolate_addict
Yes it's pretty dark. It was inspired by the word "melancholy."

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good quick story. It's definitely gets your ideas out there, and shows your feelings of the word. The grief is evident, as well as an anger at fate, which I presume, is the force of separation here.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 28, 2009
Last Updated on December 28, 2009

Author

chocolate_addict
chocolate_addict

About
Fun sized candy is a joke. What is so fun about less candy than a normal candy bar? I am a perfectionist. Writing began for me as a way to express feelings and unexplained desires for literature a.. more..

Writing