Congratulations

Congratulations

A Poem by Noemi
"

This poem is basically a sappy love letter dedicated to my best friend. Read it if you'd like to.

"

Congratulations! You’ve won my heart.


I may be awkward and love books way too much,


I may clean so excessively not a speck of mess remains.


But baby, I’d clean for you.


Congratulations! You’ve won my heart.


I sing songs off key with lyrics that the artist never gets right


I may be a brand all my own,


but baby I feel normal around you.


congratulations! You’ve won my heart.


You may flirt with everyone but I know you only love me


People may say you’re a monster, but I know how good you are.


You may make mistakes sometimes, but you always apologize


Congratulations! You’ve won my heart.


Maybe others don’t see you kindly, but that’s why I do.


I truly know you, accept you, and love you,


We can both be ourselves and each other's strengths when weak.


Congratulations baby, you’ve won my heart.

© 2017 Noemi


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is sweet. i like that you start by explaining something unique about yourself, then how your person fits into that! it's a nice little portrait of how two people can fit together.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Noemi

6 Years Ago

we all need to find our missing puzzle piece. Thanks for reading, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!
"...I sing songs off key with lyrics that the artist never gets right I may be a brand all my own, but baby I feel normal around you."
This made me laugh cuz I am no singer and my husband is okay with it. That's when I knew....
Lovely piece and I'll be reading more of your work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Noemi

6 Years Ago

You've got yourself a keeper for sure! thanks for reading, and I'll definitely return the favor!
Your ‘A cappella’ relationship, in a poetic rhythmic ‘beat’ and ‘consonance’ imagery certainly gave ‘overture’ to my reading! Great write ….

Posted 6 Years Ago


Noemi

6 Years Ago

I don't know if you know how much I loved reading this comment, thank you XD. I'm glad I wrote somet.. read more
Your words are so melodic and natural that seems you've won a jackpot.. the guy is worth so much love, trust and understanding. Don't know if you write lyrics but this could so easily be a song.. especially with that repeated line... .

Posted 6 Years Ago


Noemi

6 Years Ago

Thanks, a song would be an interesting project for sure! thanks for reading and for the review.
emmajoy

6 Years Ago

Think about it, read a second time and felt same.. :)
Ha, you gave me a laugh when you said: "I sing songs off key with lyrics that the artist never gets right" I think a lot of us do haha. Was a nice letter to your friend, thanks for sharing it!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Noemi

6 Years Ago

thanks, glad to know it's normal

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2017
Last Updated on July 2, 2017

Author

Noemi
Noemi

About
I am very passionate about how I express myself, and although my writing may be dark, I have a positive outlook on life. more..

Writing
Angel's Wings Angel's Wings

A Story by Noemi


Cage of Kindness Cage of Kindness

A Story by Noemi



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..