Angel's Wings

Angel's Wings

A Story by Noemi

I took him in my arms. He looked so defeated. His chocolate brown eyes seemed to melt into a puddle of despair, his shoulders were slumped and even his broad chest, something I believed represented his pride, seemed to shrink. " listen" I murmur, giving his ear a supportive kiss" you can tell me anything. Even if, Especially if, it isn't easy." He looked at the clouds and I could see he believed me, I just wasn't sure he believed himself. I leaned in closer and let my head rest on his shoulder, so that our cheeks touched.  His skin was smooth, except for the bit of beard he always forgot to shave. Hesitantly, he began to form his words. "I...don't feel the same anymore. My children see us fighting and I can feel her normally affectionate self morphing into something angry, something ugly. I don't want to see her this way, I don't want to feel this way. She is beautiful to me, and I want to love her. I  just don't know if I still can." He rose, his strength renewed. I, my job done, folded my wings and watched him leave, a better man.

© 2019 Noemi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
Added on September 13, 2019
Last Updated on September 13, 2019

Author

Noemi
Noemi

About
I am very passionate about how I express myself, and although my writing may be dark, I have a positive outlook on life. more..

Writing
Cage of Kindness Cage of Kindness

A Story by Noemi


Home For You Home For You

A Story by Noemi