fog.

fog.

A Story by chr66is
"

One bleak morning.

"

Here.  Again.  Slept enough hours last night, but dead-f*****g tired this morning.  Fuzzy head floats from disjointed conversation to cruise-control task organization�"feet plod with no grace or rhythm, serving only to trudge through knee-deep puddles of gaping yawn and drag heavy-lidded eyes to the next cluster-f**k of incoherent babble.  Timing is off in a curious way�"normally fluid and effortless interactions now strangely punctuated, oddly dissonant, and enormously difficult to follow.  Prodding, telling stares simultaneously accuse and gloat, incompetence and failure apparent to and reflected by all.  Wanting to know “why?” when the true mystery is “how?”  Confusion reigns, ghostly and unsettling.  Eerie�"too rooted in failing physicality and mental white noise.  Equilibrium unbalanced, awaiting impending system reset.  Stand by.  

 

Diagnosis: consciousness temporarily shifted from universal to individual pending repair of disruption in pattern of effective behaviors, constructive thoughts.  Follow protocol for recall and implementation of functional plan of action to initiate healing process.  Until re-balancing occurs, standard policies apply�"approximate healthy patterns, accept responsibilities, achieve equilibrium.  Prognosis�"return to desired functioning in 1-3 days. 

 

Key factors to treatment: gentle diet, adequate sleep, mild socialization, exercise, healing doses of sound and vibrations, medication.  Avoid withdrawal from others.  Play music.  Find sacred space for restoration.  Meditate.  Drink plenty of water.  Allow for natural flow of progress following proper intention and restorative practice. 

© 2013 chr66is


Author's Note

chr66is
Very rough return to writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good writing. But, the writer decided to part it into three totally non-connected parts. What we, as readers, are left with is the three stupid premises.

Posted 1 Year Ago


I enjoyed your descriptions and style here ch66is and can honestly admit to feeling like this on some mornings myself and also finding myself trying to detox since the New Year. I liked the way that you approached the whole piece in stages ending with the ‘ Key factors for treatment’ …

An enjoyable read.

regards,

Lathen


Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 6, 2013
Last Updated on December 6, 2013

Author

chr66is
chr66is

St. Louis, MO



About
39 year-old social worker, writer, musician, and visual artist. My interests include accessing the collective unconscious as often as possible, sobriety, poetry, yoga, indoor climbing, tattoos, readi.. more..

Writing
free free

A Poem by chr66is


gone gone

A Poem by chr66is