A Story About a Girl I Used to Know

A Story About a Girl I Used to Know

A Story by cabby
"

This is my first post! Based off of something that actually happened to me I wrote about how I wished it turned outed out. Give me feedback please! I'm open for any kind.

"
  • "That was crazy!"
    The two walked out of the venue's back alley doors amongst the crowd chattering about the performance they just saw. Some were cheerful. Some were sad. Some were tired. Some were sweaty. Concerts could make or break you.

    "Yeah! I just loved their last song!" Amy said. 
    Jace laughed. "I could tell. Your dance moves were just nuts." 
    She shot a glare and punched him. The two laughed and continued down the now dimly orange streets. 
    "So much better than the first time I saw them live."
    Amy replied. "This was your second time seeing them?" He nodded.
    "Why would you pay for a show that you've already seen? Especially if you didn't really like them in the first place." 
    Jace looked up at the sky for a bit and then at her eyes. No difference from before. Still those same blue pools. She looked away.
    "Well cause you came with me this time."
    She blushed. 
    "Do you believe in second chances?" 
    Amy was fast on the gun. She always was brilliant and precise. "Depends."
    "On what?" 
    "...Depends if I feel like it's worth it. If the situation comes up, they'd really have to work for it."

    Then it was settled. That's what he'd do.

    "I still can't believe you brought me." 
    "What's that supposed to mean?" Jace asked. 
    "Well..." The two walked in silence as she thought of what to say. "We had a bit of a fallout."
    He looked off, smirking. "Yeah I realized." 
    "...And you just decided to bring Me? To a concert after not talking for months?" 
    "Not just any concert. A concert where our favorite band was playing actually." Jace was calm and collected. He didn't know where these roads would take him. He didn't know why he brought this girl. He just felt like he needed her there.
    "Like I know we've had our rough patches in the past and I know things didn't really work out --"
    "Hold that thought." He cut her off. 
    "Wha-" She looked up. 
    Jace grinned. "I used to know this girl who was just a complete fanatic when it came to ice cream." 
    She gave him her smile. The smile that used to be Jace's night and day. "Used to know?" 
    "Yeah. Her and I had a bit of 'fallout'"

    The two left the parlor and continued walking down the seemingly endless city streets. After being bathed in the hot sun's rays for hours the pavement was still warm as the two strolled on by holding two cones. 
    "So tell me more about this girl." 
    "I think you know her." Jace laughed. 
    "Tell me about her." Amy grinned that playful smile of hers. He couldn't help but smile too. 
    "Well I haven't seen her in awhile... but I remember she was the funnest person I've ever met." He looked at the surrounding buildings. She didn't know where they were. But Jace knew there exact location. Things were beginning to work out for him. 
    "She had this laugh that just drove me insane and this messy brown hair that'd always just be so wild. It reflected her lifestyle." 
    Amy burst out laughing. "Remember! That one time when we literally just wrestled in my living roo-" 
    "Shh. I'm telling a story." She hushed at his command. The power was always back and forth in their relationship. 
    "Yeah, this one time her and I just fought eachother playing at her house." He laughed at threw his hands up behind his head.
    "We went back and forth just laughing at the top of our lungs. Throwing eachother down and pinning eachother on the ground. It was ridiculous and probably dangerous now that I look back." He smiled. "But when she was happy. I was too." 
    "Who? The girl?" Amy asked. 
    "Yeah, stupid huh?" Jace answered. 
    "Nah..." She giggled. "She probably thinks it was the cutest thing that a couple could've done."

    Walking down the road, hidden away by the condominiums and the surrounding apartments, the two came to park just on the edge of the valley. They laughed the next hour away, sitting and talking. Filling eachother in on all the times and stories that they missed from the other's life. The sun was about to go down just as they were beginning to reconnect.
    After a while the laughs and loud uproars turned into stillness and hushed voices. She moved closer to him on the bench.
    "I literally have no idea where we are." The two laughed. 
    "You know the condo right behind us?" 
    Amy looked up past the top of his head and saw the large building as if for the first time. She didn't even realize anything when it came to surroundings when she was with him. 
    "My parents own it and my dad and I always used to come down to this exact bench and watch." 
    "Watch what?" She whispered.
    He thought for a moment and laughed. "I couldn't tell you."
    "We'd just sit and think."
    Amy looked up at Jace. "Well what are you thinking about?" 
    He returned the gaze and blinked a few times. " I missed you." 
    She smiled and put his arm around her as the two seemed to sink into the bench.
    The two sat there and watched the last bit of the fire in the sky disappear. 
    "You know what?" She whispered. 
    "What's that?" 
    "I take it back. I'm starting to believe in second chances."

    © 2012 cabby


    Author's Note

    cabby
    Missing some punctuation.
    How does the dialogue feel?

    My Review

    Would you like to review this Story?
    Login | Register




    Reviews

    I really liked it. I love how Jace says that thing about a girl he used to know being a complete fanatic when it came to ice cream. It seems like a real conversation. It is just a little slow at the very beginning but it picks up pretty fast. I'd be very interested in reading more!

    Posted 11 Years Ago



    Share This
    Email
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Request Read Request
    Add to Library My Library
    Subscribe Subscribe


    Stats

    121 Views
    2 Reviews
    Rating
    Added on December 5, 2012
    Last Updated on December 5, 2012
    Tags: romance, teens, exgirlfriends, concert, love, secondchances

    Author

    cabby
    cabby

    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada



    About
    I've always liked the idea of writing. I figured I'd put some stuff online to see what people think. Graduate of 12' - St.FX Rams Currently attending NAIT - Paramedic EMR/EMS Program more..