Being in the Moment

Being in the Moment

A Story by chris-the-writer
"

Self-Help, realizing your potential by realizaing that everything you need in life is already within you.

"

Being in the Moment

 

Being in the moment.  It is an interesting concept that I think has been used and recycled far too much to be understood for what it really is.  I am currently delving into an interesting realm that most people are not aware of between the bustles of everyday life.  In this country, we are not human beings�"we are consumers.  Joy does not come from within, but from outside in material possessions.  The pursuit of money is so integral to America because it is how we�"as consumers�"find happiness.  The purchasing of a new car, or television, or trendy fashion product…These things are designed to give us happiness…they are there to help us reach fulfillment in life.  And yet, with all of the endless spending, purchasing, and consuming, why do so many of us seem unfulfilled?  Why do so many of us live life like the living dead, moving and functioning but never feeling?  We are looking for joy outside of ourselves…we are seeking fulfillment beyond the essence of what each of us is.  We are looking to piece together the fragmented shards of our essences by attaching egoistic concepts and possessions to our identities.  Instead of loving our selves, instead of cherishing what we are in the most fundamental way, we seek to patch up our internal insecurities and doubts with egoistic pursuits: money, status, social recognition, houses, cars, shiny purses…these are the band aids over the wounds on our essence.  Our essence is the foundational essence of who we are as conscious beings.  Few of us know it, but there is a place of happiness in all of us (no matter how poor, sick, hungry, or miserable you are) that can be accessed.  It is the only certainty…the only reliable source of joy in this world.  It is not temporary like the “joy” that comes from buying a television.  No, this ecstatic feeling arises as a result of realizing that we all have the key to true happiness.  We simply need to overcome our worries, doubts, and fears about who we are as individuals.  Embrace the essence of who you are…embrace the core of your being…know your self�"not what society has told you to become.  Know your self for who you truly are�"get into contact with it�"and realize its potential.  Realize that you are not your mind, you are not the endless chatter of thoughts that tells you how worthless you are, or how poor you are, or how un-cool you are, or how stupid you are, or how overweight you are.  You are�"YOU.  You are everything you will ever need in life, you are the core of your own happiness and the core of your own purpose in this world.  YOU are joy.  Realize this, and realize true happiness, purpose, and motivation in life.

 

Recommended Readings: Eckhart Tolle’s “The Power of Now”

© 2011 chris-the-writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on January 4, 2011
Last Updated on January 4, 2011