A Little Humor To Brighten Your Day

A Little Humor To Brighten Your Day

A Story by Chris A Jones
"

There really is no appropriate classification for this. Sometimes you just need a little humor to make sense of the world.

"

The ultimate key to happiness is not money.
Well sometimes it is, especially when you want a new toy.

If the key to happiness is knowing when to walk away,
Why is it then, that when I walk away, they follow?

I've been told that life is not perfect. It's what you make of it.
I agree with the not perfect. What the hell does what you make of it got to do with it?

If love is the answer,
then why so many hate?

If time is on your side,
then why is it that it passes so fast?

I've seen the birds fly south,
I've never seen them fly north. 
Where the hell did all the birds come from?

I've been trying to figure out the question,
'Have you ever seen the light?'
Yes, I've see the light. I'm looking at it right now.
What's so special about the light?

There was a movie called 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly'
What happened to 'The Pretty'?

Why is it the grass is always greener on the other side?

If the grass is greener on the other side, doesn't the grass have to be brown somewhere? Where?

When I grew up the solar system had nine planets. Somehow, during that time, they decided that Pluto failed to qualify. What are the qualifications for being a planet?

My friends keep telling me that having kids was the greatest joy of their life. If that is the case, why is it I see them yelling at their kids every time I see them? Is there joy in yelling? Can't I just go to a football game for that?

Why is it that some people will ask you if they can ask you a question before they actually ask you the real question?

Why is it called politically correct? Politics never solved anything.

Can anyone name one Britney Spears song that does not have the word 'Baby' in it? Me either!

If laughter is the best medicine, why is it the doctor's never write a prescription for laughter?

How is it that time flies, but never on Monday?

© 2017 Chris A Jones


Author's Note

Chris A Jones
Not required. Just hope you can laugh.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very creative my friend,made me smile

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris A Jones

7 Years Ago

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.
I love this! We need poetry like this in such negative times. Loved the line 'is there joy in yelling?'. Made me smile a lot. And also very clever, too Thanks, Chris:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Chris A Jones

7 Years Ago

You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed it.
To me, this is not overly comedic . . . perhaps it's based a little too much on true life which isn't exactly funny to me. You've made many interesting & thought-provoking observations that seemingly make fun of human nature & other things that can sometimes make no sense. I realize many think this is funny, but maybe our world is just in too sad a place lately. Minus the preset expectation of being funny, this is mostly just an interesting string of pondering ideas that might give us a peak into how your mind ticks! *wink! wink!*

Posted 7 Years Ago


Chris A Jones

7 Years Ago

Real life is funny. Having said that, this was not really for the purpose of review or to showcase.. read more
Chris, not only laughed, but also chuckled and smiled. Cute idea for a write. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


Chris A Jones

7 Years Ago

Thanks. I'm glad you found a little humor.
I've never gotten well from laughter, but it does make me feel better...somehow. Weird.
Well, this little piece did make me smile. I enjoyed it very much.
If Britney Spears drives you nuts with her "baby" try listening to Haley Reinhart sing Creep on youtube. It has nothing to do with anything in this story, or anything else for that matter. I just like the song.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Chris A Jones

7 Years Ago

Actually I'm a fan of Britney. I just find it funny that most of her early songs include that word... read more
The way I heard it, they decided Pluto wasn't big enough to be a planet, and decided it was an asteroid.
Too bad intelligent life isn't a planet requirement, or else they would have to proclaim all nine of them asteroids, hahaha

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris A Jones

7 Years Ago

lol! I suppose that is true!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 17, 2017
Last Updated on January 17, 2017

Author

Chris A Jones
Chris A Jones

Florissant, CO



About
Author of 'Reversione: Reset The Future' available in bookstores now. Currently working on 'Reversione: Lost In Time'. I am a new 47 year old author currently living in the area of Dallas Texas,.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Anniversary Anniversary

A Story by Woody