Guardian of Dreams - Rise of the DreamMaker

Guardian of Dreams - Rise of the DreamMaker

A Story by Chris Micha
"

This is a re-vised chapter from the poem Guardian of Dreams. I hope you enjoy.

"

"Guardian of Dreams: Rise of the DreamMaker"

She will be his escape.....


There are things that cannot be explained and realities that our closed minds will never be able to comprehend. Throw out all you have been told about what's real and what's fantasy, then and only then, will you be able to see, the play that goes on behind the curtain.  


Katherine Jacobs, 'Kat' to her friends and family, was a very unique girl. She was strange, kept to herself, yet people were magnetically drawn to her, as if she had cast a spell upon them. She looked like she belonged in the 'The Munsters' T.V. show, with her jet-black hair, dark circles under her eyes, and ivory pale skin.  Although, her piercing icy-blue eyes would leave you paralyzed with their utter beauty. 


Kat, would rarely sleep at night, ever since she was a child, not because she couldn't, but because she was scared to. She has brutal nightmares that are all too real and the terror was too much to bare. In them, there is a beast she calls the DreamMaker and his clan of demons The Torrent; they have been after her as long as she can remember. Every dream brings him closer and closer to capturing her, but something or someone, was always there to save her.  


Kat, had just left school, and was on her way to pick up her dog Kaiju (Japanese for 'beast'), from the groomer. He was a Yorkie and was all of 4 pounds wet, but he had attitude! Tomorrow was her 17 birthday; so she wanted him to look all done up for her guests. It wasn't going to be many people; she didn't have a lot of friends, except for the few eccentric ones she fit in with.


She was stopped at a stop light, singing "Cosmic Love" by Florence and the Machine; unaware of what fate was about to throw her way. A South bound later model F-150 truck, driven by an older man, who had fallen asleep at the wheel. Flew through the red light and t-boned Kat, on the driver side.


The accident left her fighting for her life, as doctors scrabbled to stabilize her condition. She was bleeding internally; with little time to locate the bleed, death was closing in on her fast. After 2 intense hours of operation, the surgeon was able to locate the hemothorax, drain the blood, and sew up the perforation.


After the surgeon was done and he had time to think about what had happened. He thought to himself, "I didn't do that surgery, someone was controlling my hands and thoughts. It was like I was watching from outside my own body."



In the ICU, Kat's condition was stable, but she still remained in critical condition. An MRI had revealed she had brain swelling; doctors were concerned they may have to open her up to relieve the pressure. To err on the side of caution, they waited it out, and with time, the swelling began to decrease. Her brain was unconscious to the reality around her; the coma could be permanent and she might not wake up. 


Icy-blue eyes opened to a familiar place; as her eyes gazed at fields of endless ultra violets. The Doggles, were leaving drops of candied rain all around her luminous face. They were such intriguing little creatures with a face of a bulldog and wings of firefly. Mischievous little creatures as well: sweet, loving, but loved to bite. They were always the first ones to greet her when she got there.


Kat, stood up to look out at this dream-world, but something felt odd this time.


This world although familiar; felt almost alien in a sense. There were elements of this construct, that to her, were eerily real. She knew that she was dreaming, but she could no longer feel the connection to her reality. It felt as though her mind & soul, were deeply rooted in the dream-world and in that moment, she became lost in a familiar place.


In the dark shadows, stood the Guardian, watching through his grey protecting eyes. He was a warrior angel of Earth, sent to this realm to protect Kat, from the evil that pursues her. He was a tall, thin, but very powerful entity, with great powers. His long white hair; covered the battle scars he wore on his face, from epic battles waged against The Torrent.


Scanning the distant horizon; he knew that the evil clan wouldn't be long now.

He was never fearful for his own soul, but for her, he was terrified.


The wind was quivering mightily; hiding within the Whispering Deadly Hollows.

For on a demon horse with fiery red eyes; born from the depths of Hell; road the DreamMaker and The Torrent was soon to follow.


Katherine, stood pondering, the realism of this dream and the nightmare she has run from all her life. "I'm just dreaming; this is not real.", she mumbled to herself. Even though the feeling was even more real than she's ever felt before.


"Now I know what Alice felt like in Wonderland.", she thought.


Suddenly everything went silent; even her thoughts she couldn't hear anymore. The air became electrically charged, as static filled the air. Her hair began to stand up as if gravity had been turned off. A silvery-sticky rain began to seep from the ground and ascend to the sky. Dark skies rolled in like an unfolding wave; as if they originated from the depths of Hell. Pounding vibrated her feet that sent shock waves up to her brain. An all too familiar event; she knew that she was about to be in a race for her life, as the DreamMaker made his march.


The Guardian, knew why he wanted her; he was going to protect her with his life. He had hoped by now she would realize the power she possessed. If he could only make her see what she was truly capable of; none of this would be happening to her.


He knew what he had to do and what protecting her could cost him: his ever lasting soul. He was about to reveal himself, the hero who's heart, beats for her. She would soon know the identity, of the angel in her dreams, whom she's always felt, but never as she seen.


His hand touched her shoulder gently; as her eyes met the divine. In that moment, she knew who he was and all that he ever will be to her. He didn't have to say a word; although she wanted to hear his angelic voice. She felt as if her soul had merge with his and the universe had forged them from the same mould. Finally, after all this time, she was able to tell him all the things she's always felt.


She gazed into his smoky grey eyes at what seemed an eternity.


She softly whispered, "I knew you always existed, I've felt you always close.

I look for you every time I enter this place. I can even feel you when I'm away; as if we are always connected."


His head bowed down as if he was mustering up the courage to tell her something he had wanted to for an eternity. He then followed his eyes up from her body; looking deeply into her spiraling galaxy of icy-blues.


He said, "My heart has been your captive; since the first time you entered this realm. I've fought many wars over you, against the occupants sent from Hell.

You're the one he wants; and he will stop at nothing to get you."


"Why do I feel like this is more than just a dream?", she said shakily.


He paused with hesitation; not wanting to tell her why she was here.


"You're soul will not leave this realm; unless I get you back to the portal from which you came. You have been in a grave accident that has left you stranded here. This will be a long journey; with evil following close behind."


"But why does he want me? Why am I so important?", she exclaimed.


"You possess within you powers, that have originated from a place, that even the Devine know nothing of. When you discover these powers; you will be able to erase the evil that haunts you and change the laws of all the realms!"





To be continued....

© 2014 Chris Micha


Author's Note

Chris Micha
I would be honored for you all to read this and leave a review. I want to turn this into a book, but if it's no good, then I need to know! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

First off, sorry it's taken so long for me to catch up, have been away a few days for the Easter break. But what a great story to come back to ! I am always fascinated by this subject and I think you have done a good job with the "afterlife" here. I laughed that she could have been from the Munsters TV show but it offered a clear picture of how "odd" she is. Your description of her awakening in the "other"place is excellent and the Guardian is going to be an interesting player in the plot. Yes, my friend, take it as far as it needs to go. It's a really enjoyable storyline. Well done :) Penny

Posted 10 Years Ago


Chris Micha

10 Years Ago

Oh you are just too sweet, Penny. I couldn't be more honored that you liked it, I hope it's not too .. read more
This is amazing story keep up the great work and keep them coming you should turn this into a book

Posted 10 Years Ago


Chris Micha

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Melissa! :)
melissa

10 Years Ago

Your welcome
I love the fantastical way in which you describe. Your word choice makes the story feel dream-like. I would say this bit here would lend itself as a good prologue. It feels almost like a vague sort of summary you would give a reader in order to understand the rest of the novel. Be sure not to be too vague with your other chapters. Otherwise it may feel a bit too much like a legend being told around a campfire. A novel needs deep explanation about what the characters are doing, thinking, and perhaps a few good flashbacks ( I would love to here some details about all of these wars the guardian angel fought for Kat).

I see great potential in this novel. It is fantastical and enticing. Be sure to punctate your dialogue correctly. E.g. "Why am I important?" she exclaimed. You don't need a comma after the question mark. A comma goes after a piece of dialogue when it is followed by she said or something along those lines. If the the dialogue ends in a question mark or exclamation mark, it does not also need a comma. Hope that's clear. Thanks for the exciting read! Keep on developing this story!

Margo Seuss
Courtesy of the Constructive Critisism Group

Posted 10 Years Ago


Chris Micha

10 Years Ago

I'm grateful for your feedback, Margo! I will make those changes. I created this as a short story, f.. read more
Margo Seuss

10 Years Ago

Your welcome! I would be honoured if you could take a look at the story I've got going on as well. I.. read more
Chris Micha

10 Years Ago

Sure will :)
Greetings fellow writer/ imaginer I loved the pilot episode. I love fantasy stories and this one especially caught my attention as I have wrote a poem Defenders of the night and then converted into a story "While you were asleep". I loved it and yes you should turn it into a book. I would also be glad if you be kind enough and review my story, While you were asleep.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Chris Micha

10 Years Ago

I'll be more than happy to and I really appreciate your words. :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kim
I sincerely hope you continue writing on this story! It definitely has potential. I would have liked to gotten to know Kat a more though, maybe hear some of her thoughts like with her guardian

Posted 10 Years Ago


Chris Micha

10 Years Ago

Good idea and I will do so. I appreciate your kind words, thank you. :)
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Captivatting! A really intriguing tale.
A few typos need to be addressed, otherwise.. Kudos to you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Chris Micha

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I'll have to give it a tune-up. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 17, 2014
Last Updated on June 27, 2014
Tags: fantasy, dreams, reality, coma

Author

Chris Micha
Chris Micha

Richland, MS



About
To sum me up is pretty easy. I love writing because it's therapy for my wayward soul. Although, I am by no means any good at it, I still put myself out there. I use to write when I was younger but gav.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..